Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Old January 2nd, 2010, 10:14 PM
Ruler of the Damned

Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: VirtualScape for first-time users.

Try this site: Hex PDF

You can set the size you want printed -- try 0.1 inches if it is a large map or 0.2 inches if it is a smaller map.
Old January 3rd, 2010, 12:45 AM

Arcus rolls all skulls baby! Arcus rolls all skulls baby! Arcus rolls all skulls baby! Arcus rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProtoFury View Post
I believe there is, in the downloads section. I'll check for the link in a sec.

EDIT: Well, there's this, but it's only 24 hexes, and they're life-sized.... Maybe do some MS Paint-work with it--shrink it down and duplicate it many times over. That's what I would do.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retlaw View Post
Try this site: Hex PDF

You can set the size you want printed -- try 0.1 inches if it is a large map or 0.2 inches if it is a smaller map.
Thanks a lot guys! I tried just throwing 4 single hexes in a box formation on the 1st level of a new map and then repeating it 8 levels up in VS so I could print out the hex background pattern. It kinda worked, but the pattern is so faint it is hard to see. Wish there was a way to darken it but I could not find one in VS.

My Maps
Upcoming M.A.R.S. (Mid-Atlantic Regional 'Scapers - PA/MD/NJ) Events Thread
Old January 3rd, 2010, 01:23 AM

ProtoFury rolls all skulls baby! ProtoFury rolls all skulls baby! ProtoFury rolls all skulls baby! ProtoFury rolls all skulls baby! ProtoFury rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcus View Post
Thanks a lot guys! I tried just throwing 4 single hexes in a box formation on the 1st level of a new map and then repeating it 8 levels up in VS so I could print out the hex background pattern. It kinda worked, but the pattern is so faint it is hard to see. Wish there was a way to darken it but I could not find one in VS.
There's probably not one in VS, but perhaps you coud change it in some settings for your printer?

Proto's Custom Maps and Units!
Old January 3rd, 2010, 01:27 AM
Caster of Crying

Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

If nothing else works for you I could make a hex grid for you and then save it as a PDF. Tell me (PM me if you want) what size hex you want (in terms of inches or cm, or how many hexes you want per sheet of paper, I could do that too) and I will email it to you.

edit: I was under the impression from the post just above that it wasn't working, just ignore this post
Old July 15th, 2010, 12:59 PM

odbo255 has disabled reputation

In Virtualscape you can configure 'available material' - how do you then verify that your battlefield doesn't violate the tiles available?

Items for trade
Heroscape lives on: 3FG C3G C3V CHCG24 CMSP NM24 SoV
Tournament Maps: BoV WoV
Old July 15th, 2010, 01:32 PM

Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by odbo255 View Post
In Virtualscape you can configure 'available material' - how do you then verify that your battlefield doesn't violate the tiles available?
Tools > Verify the Battlefield

Make sure you have [Display > Information Window] checked, as well.

[edit] While you build, the tile quantities listed below each hex unit (Used / Available) will turn red when you've exceeded the available.

Last edited by Shedim Kabal; July 15th, 2010 at 01:42 PM.
Old May 31st, 2020, 06:30 PM

TonickT is surprisingly tart
Thumbs up Re: VirtualScape for first-time users.

So glad I found this site. Incredible.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios