Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Old May 5th, 2020, 10:29 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Soldiers of Valhalla - nominations and discussion

I would like to resubmit Masha Shingai for SoV review.

Original Card:
Spoiler Alert!

Almost all of the criticism in UF review last time was directed towards his species of Demon; I have addressed these concerns by replacing it with Yokai. This is still a thematic species while avoiding any current or planned synergy interactions.

Yokai are supernatural monsters or demons from Japanese folklore, often known for shapeshifting powers but generally having supernatural abilities. It's a species new to the game, but one that could potentially be expanded down the line with other Japanese creatures of any shape and size.

Other than the species, nothing else has changed from Masha Shingai's previous submission (provided below):
Spoiler Alert!

As always, many thanks to the judges for their time and consideration.

Last edited by Astroking112; October 2nd, 2020 at 01:42 AM. Reason: Added a synergy for Yokai to Fiery Retribution 13.
Old May 5th, 2020, 10:31 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

excited to focus on Samurai in testing
Old May 5th, 2020, 10:31 PM

All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Old May 6th, 2020, 09:25 AM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

to review Masha Shingai.
Old May 7th, 2020, 12:10 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Please remove A-N from the process, thank you.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old May 7th, 2020, 12:21 PM

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

Agrith-Naar has been removed from the process by the submitter's request.
Old May 13th, 2020, 12:17 AM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

to review Masha

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old May 13th, 2020, 11:15 AM

Masha Shingai has received 4 Yea votes to review (Scytale, BiggaBullfrog, superfrog, and capsocrates) and moves forward in the process.
Old May 22nd, 2020, 11:10 PM

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

After almost 2 years of working on this and over 17 different versions, I've landed on what I believe to be the tightest and most balanced design yet.

I submit Agrith-Naar

Cloaked figures lowered their arms in the circle as they completed the monotone incantation; a massive, muscled demon standing before them. The foremost of Valkrill’s clerics stepped forward to speak. “Agrith-Naar! We have summoned you — “ but he was cut off as long, blade-like teeth flashed out to take him. His body dropped; lifeless. Clerics scattered in every direction, fearing to be next. Then the Demon spoke. “Who do I hunt?” Hesitantly a woman stepped forward, and pointing south said, “Over that hill and camped in the valley.” The Demon’s eyes turned stark white as a grotesque grin etched it’s way across his face. He flew into the air, beginning his hunt. The woman lowered her head and whispered, “What have we done?”

Agrith-Naar is the Greater Death Demon #37 from the D&D Legends of Golarion line.
  • Balance
    He has comparisons to Master Woo, Raelin, Azazel and others who can attack all adjacent figures and share a similar stats and point values. A big difference is that A-N depends a lot more on his ability because his life depends on it, literally. He's one of the few figures in Heroscape that takes wounds upon not succeeding. Ulfrid is a nice comparison in a way, but overall a very different mechanic. Alastair is a nice comparison because their stat lines are exactly the same, but Alastair can only target 1 figure at a time, though his Overextend is a player choice and he can move to a better position. A-N's mobility is better though, so there's that. Even if a player wants to get off multiple attacks, it requires A-N to destroy all figures (watch out allies) to not take damage, so the player has to constantly be considering if the reward is worth the risk of losing him in a vulnerable situation. It’s never a easy “no-brainer” decision with A-N because his strongest potential/output is engaged with multiple foes.
  • Playability
    A-N is unique in that he has a simple, understandable powers that take very little effort to remember. Flying we’ve seen, Ravenous Assault is Whirlwind Assault but with a title that is more thematic (ala Master Woo) and Starved is new but simple and thematic. His high attack is a representation of his 4 muscular arms that he uses as he hunts enemies. The Ravenous Assault is also a direct theme link between his left box stats as a Ravenous Devourer and the mini also suggests the same. So while he’s simple, he play style is rich with tough, strategic decisions. You want to get him engaged to pull off multiple powerful kills, but doing so might also isolate him, which will only make him more vulnerable to a counterattack as well as his own self-inflicted wounds.
  • Creativity
    Does it add something new to the game? Yes absolutely. It adds a distinct, purposeful tension between the offensive output and survivability. You have to know when to use him at the right time. The beauty of heroscape design is being able to create something simple that results in tough and strategic gameplay decisions all the while making you feel like the unit "really is" what it was designed to be. I believe this iteration does that.
  • Theme
    This figure is a Demon. Check. This figure is visibly ravenous in his facial expression and a devourer fits with his abilities and the mini. Check. This figure is clearly an offensive powerhouse by looking at his pose, multiple muscular arms and weapons. Check. May his foes cower in fear!
  • Accessibility
    As of Sept 25th, 2019, Paizo confirmed they had 109 in stock
    eBay ~20

Sir Heroscape's Content

Last edited by Sir Heroscape; May 23rd, 2020 at 01:47 PM.
Old May 22nd, 2020, 11:44 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

This design is very appealing. I liked some of the versions that had a more forced mechanic. The implicit choice here (attack your own figures or choose not to) is also interesting.

to review Agrith-Naar.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old May 23rd, 2020, 12:08 AM

While I like the design (due to my level of input, which was enough that I should perhaps abstain), but the renaming of Whirlwind Assault rubs me the wrong way. Yes, there are other names. The ODs started with Shaolin Assualt, then Master's Assault, then finally Whirlwind Assault, which we've stuck with ever since. The first two were stupid and short-sighted. I have less than zero desire to make yet another name, when Whirlwind Assault is a perfectly good generic name. Besides that, "Ravenous Assault" doesn't feel like a "may" to me, it feels like a "must."

I'm not sure it's enough to downvote, but like I said, I'm not sure I should vote.
Old May 23rd, 2020, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scytale View Post
the renaming of Whirlwind Assault rubs me the wrong way. Yes, there are other names. The ODs started with Shaolin Assualt, then Master's Assault, then finally Whirlwind Assault, which we've stuck with ever since. The first two were stupid and short-sighted. I have less than zero desire to make yet another name, when Whirlwind Assault is a perfectly good generic name.
I can understand the frustration with having the same ability renamed, BUT my interpretation of the OD's was that if it's renamed for the sake of theme then it makes sense. Whirlwind Assault "fits" better on a Kyrie (Raelin) whereas it doesn't on a Monk (Master Woo). Same here with a Demon. It's too generic and too "fluffy" for a Demon. Something more descrptive for the them like Ravenous Assault is much more appropriate imo than Whirlwind Assault. And there's a precedent for it.

Sir Heroscape's Content

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs