Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old September 16th, 2011, 08:39 AM

faure wears ripped pants of awesomeness faure wears ripped pants of awesomeness faure wears ripped pants of awesomeness faure wears ripped pants of awesomeness faure wears ripped pants of awesomeness faure wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Scytale's customs - Chain Golem evaluation for Auggies

Quote:
New card uploaded and available on the first post.
Excellent! I'll give him a try -- he should fit in very well with the new set of Vydar figures I'm working on: a dwarf forgemage who makes Golems (instead of summoning elementals) and his golem minions.
Old September 16th, 2011, 10:42 AM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth
Re: Scytale's customs - Chain Golem evaluation for Auggies

Quote:
Originally Posted by faure View Post
I'll give him a try -- he should fit in very well with the new set of Vydar figures I'm working on: a dwarf forgemage who makes Golems (instead of summoning elementals) and his golem minions.
Ooo! I'm looking forward to seeing that!
Old September 19th, 2011, 11:53 AM

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth
Re: Scytale's customs - Scarecrow evaluation for Auggies

Next unit up for evaluation, the Scarecrow.
Old September 20th, 2011, 05:49 PM

faure wears ripped pants of awesomeness faure wears ripped pants of awesomeness faure wears ripped pants of awesomeness faure wears ripped pants of awesomeness faure wears ripped pants of awesomeness faure wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
the Scarecrow
Interesting unit. I like the Restuff power -- has the right feel to it.

I'm curious about the choice of Aquila for it's general and Wily as its personality? Makes me think more of the Scarecrow from Wizard of Oz, whereas the miniature has a more malicious feel to it.
Old September 20th, 2011, 07:19 PM

Quote:
I'm curious about the choice of Aquila for it's general and Wily as its personality? Makes me think more of the Scarecrow from Wizard of Oz, whereas the miniature has a more malicious feel to it.
In D&D, as constructs scarecrows aren't necessarily good or evil. They can be made by anyone with the skills to do so.

Aquilla is definitely good, but I've always felt a creepy/fearsome vibe from her. Spiders, wyverns, and the whole swamp thing. I also felt that the color scheme of the figure looked best with Aquilla. So I went with it.

As for Wily, Scarecrows are described as smarter and wilier than other constructs. Tricky would be the obvious way to go, but Wily sounded cool. I'm usually against adding new personalities, but I liked it.
Old September 20th, 2011, 08:00 PM
no baby bump - false alarm!

spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun

Love the Scarecrow, Scytale. I may need to have some of these guys myself. I'm not a huge Kurrock fan, and one of these days I'll go back and re-tool my elemental factions. They're shaping up, I just haven't finalized them.

The Scarecrows might actually take care of themselves in a Kurrock army though. Re-Stuff is a great idea and does what Kurrock can't, which is regenerate the Elementals without the entire army having to make camp. I may actually proxy these.

Nice work.

EDIT: Nevermind, I just figured it out. They're not elementals, just constructs. Still, I get it, and its another way Common Heroes can work, so I still would like to try them out.
Old September 21st, 2011, 08:16 AM

Quote:
In D&D, as constructs scarecrows aren't necessarily good or evil. They can be made by anyone with the skills to do so.
Aquilla is definitely good, but I've always felt a creepy/fearsome vibe from her. Spiders, wyverns, and the whole swamp thing. I also felt that the color scheme of the figure looked best with Aquilla. So I went with it.
All quite reasonable. While I don't have that figure, I may try it out with the Heroclix Scarecrow as a proxy once I get a few other Constructs I have in the works finished up.
Old September 24th, 2011, 11:47 AM

Had a chance to play Sledge again in a warforged vs. elves matchup on the Wolf Swamp Road battlefield. As a long battlefield the warforged had to try to move up road quickly and avoid the elf archers.

Warforged: ~615 [but still testing out unit costs]
Siege 120
Sledge 110
Heirloom 90
Sigil Doomsinger [custom warforged unique hero currently testing @90]
Warforged Soldiers x1 +1 105 [have one spare figure so fit into the group]
Warforged Scout x2 50 [another test common hero @25 each]
Gonth Thundergunners [custom dwarf musketeers unique squad @50]

Elves: 600
Sonlen 160
Brandis 90
Syvarris 100
Sharwin Wildborn 110
Aubrien Archers x1 70
Warriors of Ashra x1 60
Kyntela Gwen 20

Elves moved into defensive positions along river and across on heights on edge of road to wait for Warforged to advance. Warforged initially got rather strung out with Siege, Scouts, Thundergunners, and some Soldiers marching up road. Elves lost one Warrior but took out Thundergunners, Scout, and one Soldier. Siege then waited mid-field for the rest of Warforged to catch up.

Though lined up on road, Sledge took advantage of road movement to suddenly race ahead and hit the Archers full steam. Took full advantage of Driving Assault and Crowd Defense to break archers and engage Sharwin while Heirloom took out Kyntela and then engaged in magic battle with Sonlen. Sledge and Sharwin ended up locked in a stalemate. Another Soldier took down last archer and moved Sonlen off the heights, only to fall to Sonlen's ongoing attacks while Sonlen's dragon kept Sharwin healed up.

Siege, Sigil, and remaining Soldiers broke the Warriors and at last took down Syvarris. Brandis finally moved out from cover to aid Sonlen and they took out Sledge while Sharwin then used Arcane Bolt to knock out Siege and last Soldiers. Sigil took out Brandis with his ranged magic, leaving a final slog between Sonlen/Sharwin vs. Sigil with Sonlen's multi-attacks (when they hit) bringing it to a close.

One question/comment on Sledge's powers:
Crowd Defense and Warforged Resolve add together on normal attacks. I'm not sure if intentional or not, but when surrounded and attacked normally, it gives base 1 die + potentially 4 die + 1 auto shield -- very tough defense to break. It works thematically but again, not sure if that was the intent.

Overall, Sledge did what you would expect -- he broke a line, punched into the rear and then engaged one of the main heroes. Most vulnerable to special attacks/powers like Dragon Swoop. Good thematic unit.
Old September 24th, 2011, 12:01 PM

Great battle report! I'd rep you if I could!

Quote:
Sigil Doomsinger [custom warforged unique hero currently testing @90]
Warforged Scout x2 50 [another test common hero @25 each]
Gonth Thundergunners [custom dwarf musketeers unique squad @50]
I'm interested in checking those out! I'll keep an eye on your customs thread.

Quote:
One question/comment on Sledge's powers:
Crowd Defense and Warforged Resolve add together on normal attacks. I'm not sure if intentional or not, but when surrounded and attacked normally, it gives base 1 die + potentially 4 die + 1 auto shield -- very tough defense to break. It works thematically but again, not sure if that was the intent.
Yes, that was the intent. He's made to punch deep into enemy lines and hold his ground. He also works as a dangerous counter to swarmers, and had potential as a bottleneck-holder. I have contemplated limited the number of additional dice to 3 instead of 4, but in my playtesting the limit of 4 was rarely reached. A careful opponent will keep his units spread out enough to keep that from happening, engage Sledge with one unit, then either take him out with range or ignore him.
Old September 24th, 2011, 12:23 PM

JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Really like the Scarecrow + rep
Old September 26th, 2011, 08:13 PM

Re: Scytale's customs - Yggdrasil evaluation for Auggies

Thank you faure, spiteofthedice, and jcmcminis for your comments on the Scarecrow.

Next unit up for evaluation, the imposing and rather fun guardian of the forest, Yggdrasil.
Old October 3rd, 2011, 09:52 PM

Re: Scytale's customs - Lok evaluation for Auggies

Next unit up for evaluation, a huge displacer beast.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards