Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Old November 19th, 2020, 10:55 AM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth
Re: C3G Public Survey Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
I just really wish they would show what the unpainted sculpts look like. I feel like a high quality paint job can cover a lot of sculpting sins and I feel that may be what's happening on a lot of these. But you don't get the high quality paint job as part of the purchase.
Nah, paint jobs really don't cover many sculpt sins, especially in professional looking pictures like that. There's a huge difference between painting an old Heroclix and painting a new CMON model.

And yes, I think nearly all of them are ugly. I don't like the proportions. The extremely misproportioned bodies and heads/hands was something that was pretty prevalent years ago. Easier to get more detail in smaller parts if you enlarge them to cartoonish degrees. New technology can handle ludicrously minute details.

That said, if they're fairly cheap and easy to build, I don't mind them for our purposes. I'm just not excited to shell out cash for those personally.
Old November 19th, 2020, 01:01 PM

GamerHusband rolls all skulls baby! GamerHusband rolls all skulls baby! GamerHusband rolls all skulls baby! GamerHusband rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordVenoc View Post
C3G Figure Repaints/Modifications Survey

Quote:
  1. How do you generally feel about figure repaints or figure mods in C3G?

They are ok. Repainting is not that difficult. What kind of turns me off is that some units require 2 and even 3 figures to complete. It just takes more time finding all required figures. I'm also not a fan modding figures that are non Heroclix minis. They are just more difficult to locate.

2. How many figure repaints and/or modifications have you personally completed/had someone complete for you?
    1. 0
    2. 1-2
    3. 3-5
    4. 6-10
    5. 10+

3. When it comes to repainted or modified figures for your own collection, do you:
    1. Happily partake in any and all of them.
    2. Enjoy making the ones I want, skip ones I don't care about.
    3. I like making my own, more detailed versions
    4. Don’t enjoy feeling I have to do that level of work.
    5. I like one (repaints/mods) but generally shy away from the other unless really interested.
    6. I don’t really mind either.
    7. I don’t tend to do them because I will usually just proxy stuff.
    8. I actively avoid repaints
    9. I actively avoid mods
    10. I actively avoid all mods and repaints.
    11. I'm not interested/lack the time to develop the skills to make the mods.
    12. I don’t actually buy figures at all.
    13. Other:

4. When it comes to repainted or modified figures for C3G do you feel that:
    1. I have enjoyed the rate of released repaints and mods.
    2. I wish there were more repaints.
    3. I wish there were more mods.
    4. I like repaints and mods, but have felt a little overwhelmed with how many have come out.
    5. I am okay with repaints and mods, but have felt like there were a lot to keep up with.
    6. I don't like/do repaints or mods.
    7. Other:
Here my 2 cents. Mods are ok so far. I've tackled a few, but I do feel a little overwhelmed. I've almost got all the Mortal Combat characters and are planning to do them all at the same time as a huge project. It really boils down to how much I want the unit. The Valiant units for example I am less eager to mod, simply because my friends and I know zero about the franchise.

Proud to be a C3G Ally!!

Gamerhusband's customs comics thread
Old November 19th, 2020, 01:30 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

We're on the same page, GH. Except I also don't paint.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old November 19th, 2020, 01:38 PM
C3G Con Champ 2021 and 2022!

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!

Just wanna chime in and say it makes me quite warm and fuzzy inside to see people taking on the MK and Slashers mods. They were fun to figure out and translate into the game. So thanks for that. Knowing others were happy with them as well makes me want to tackle some more.

Not counting the ones I've modded for my own LDs, before I started designing I did: Spawn, Conan, The Mask, Sentinels, Master Mold, Beyonder, and The Crow. I found myself just excited to get a character I liked, regardless of having to paint/mod them.

The only designs that bummed me out, were the ones with super pricey figures as the only option(Galactus, Starro, Beast Boy T-Rex etc.), and no alternative/mod given.
Old November 19th, 2020, 04:06 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I fully endorse those more talented than I to create mods for those you listed and I'm sure we can get folks on board with creating alt cards for them and posting them in the OPs of those threads.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old November 19th, 2020, 08:23 PM
Book Wyrm

LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Here's another one for some more feedback!

Quote:
Official Figure Usage Questionnaire
  1. What is your preference regarding the "official mini" on cards you use?
    1. I insist on buying the pictured mini.
    2. I buy whatever mini is cheapest.
    3. I will usually get whatever mini I think looks coolest.
    4. I just get the first one I can find.
    5. I add to or modify my figures to make them look even cooler.
    6. Other:
  2. When it comes to characters with multiple designs (such as Batman I and II)...
    1. I always buy a separate mini for the separate design.
    2. I buy one and use it for everything.
    3. I may end up buying another if a new mini comes along that I like.
    4. I just refuse to use VII's of designs.
    5. Other:
Old November 20th, 2020, 10:17 AM

CzarChasm knows what's in an order marker CzarChasm knows what's in an order marker CzarChasm knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordVenoc View Post
Quote:

I generally want the actual figure but there have been occasions when I have found a cooler figure (eg Blue Beetle) or significantly cheaper ones (eg John Constantine) and I am happy to use them instead.

2. When it comes to characters with multiple designs (such as Batman I and II)...
    1. I buy one and use it for everything.

If I have a figure I am happy with then I will use the same figure for all iterations.
Money is probably the biggest factor when deciding.
Old November 20th, 2020, 10:55 AM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

I basically do the same thing as Czar. I buy dupes if I like both carded figures, or if they are co-draftable.
Old November 22nd, 2020, 04:09 AM

Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
    2. I buy whatever mini is cheapest.
    3. I will usually get whatever mini I think looks coolest.
    4. I just get the first one I can find.
    5. I add to or modify my figures to make them look even cooler.
    6. Other:
    1. I always buy a separate mini for the separate design.
    2. I buy one and use it for everything.
    3. I may end up buying another if a new mini comes along that I like.
    4. I just refuse to use VII's of designs.
    5. Other:
I carefully go over every clix option and get the one I like the absolute most, about 80% of the time its the carded one anyway though, so not a huge deal. Also for squads that reuse the same figure I have different figures and I also use different figures when doubling down on uncommons. (I was using the Bullock officer repaint as the 2nd Bad Cop, gonna have to find another now lol)

It's the same with cards, I go with the iteration of the character I prefer. There are a few cases where I just can't decide and print both cards.

And of course like earlier, if I can't decide which sculpt I like best I use multiple, I've got t-shirt, yellow, and brown Wolverine and maybe a Future Past or Old Man kicking around somewhere. Also modern and classic Power Man and Iron Fist figures and a few others.
Old November 22nd, 2020, 09:12 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

You only print one card per character for ones that have multiple versions like Batman?
Would be curious to know which ones you picked and what you will do if a version III or IV comes out you like better.
Old November 22nd, 2020, 09:40 AM

Bullock turned good on you!

Yeah, I've got classic and modern Luke Cage too. Holding out hope someone does a Power Man card down the line (and he was cheap, as I recall).

Old November 22nd, 2020, 04:46 PM

Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I tend to go for whichever one feels like the more definitive version of the character, but also works as more standalone not too dependent on a certain army/other hero. So I don't use the JLA/Avengers markers cards, it's hard enough sorting through my marker bag anyway :P, although I do commend the efforts on those designs, I'm sure they make for some unstoppable armies.
Batman is one of the few where I changed my mind, I went from the 200 to the V2 cause I realized I was gonna have to get those utility glyphs as I got more of the Batfamily, plus Nightwing is at 200 so.
My favorite sculpt is one I used to have back in the day, it's the Batman Origin one with the cape all up in the wind lookin all batlike.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy