Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations
Comic Hero Custom Creations Any comic book customs and the discussions surrounding them

Old January 10th, 2014, 10:52 PM

ssnover95 knows what's in an order marker ssnover95 knows what's in an order marker ssnover95 knows what's in an order marker
ssnover95's Super Customs - V for Vendetta

I've been lurking around the super customs forum for quite some time now without making a single contribution. I've decided that I want to give something back, however I can. I'm sure this block of text will get glossed over by many, and so will the units since for now they're also blocks of text, but as long as I'm trying, maybe someone will take pity on me and actually read the text and not worry about the pictures so much

Since much of the units I use come from here and most of what's published here is 'mainstream' superheroes, I wanted to do something a little different and do characters that may not come up too often, but could stand right beside many superheroes and go blow for blow. I play or watch a lot of video games, so I'll be drawing a lot of inspiration from that. Some of them may not supers per se, but they're designed with supers in mind and may use the Super Strength symbol. Now with that too-long introduction out of the way, without further ado, the customs:

Codename V
Spoiler Alert!

Cole MacGrath - Hero
Spoiler Alert!

Cole MacGrath - Infamous
Spoiler Alert!

For those who haven't played inFamous, a major part of the game was the Karma system. It affected Cole's look, some of his powers, how the citizens perceived him, etc. I decided to portray that with two different units, mostly the same but slightly different. Only the special attack, class and personality were altered.

Last edited by ssnover95; January 28th, 2014 at 09:22 PM.
Old January 10th, 2014, 11:03 PM

ImJustSaiyan Woo who?
Re: ssnover95's Super Customs - Cole MacGrath, Good & Evil

Other then the point totals ( I haven't came up with point totals for customs so I cant say this with much experience), I feel you portrayed the character great. IMO the point total should be 180ish, but other then that, I like the cards. Possible idea to consider while developing your card is the abilities he has. I forgot how many there were but i think there were like 15-20 all together. Possibly make starting glyphs for him based on what powers you'd want him to use while you play as him!

If your working on video game customs, look into Action clix, more specifically:
Haloclix
Gears of war clix
Assasin Creed Clix
Bioshock clix
Streetfighter CLix

After I work on on my custom project, I planned on taking some down time to get my A+ cert but im more then happy to help spit out some ideas.
Old January 10th, 2014, 11:06 PM

ImJustSaiyan Woo who?

also consider he can get energy back from other people, possibly give him
1. glyphs powers that need a certain amount of markers to use
2. Glyphs that are one shot until he does damage to an opponents figure so he can get the power glyph back.
3. Marker abilities, and with the same damage marker recovery ability.
Old January 10th, 2014, 11:25 PM

ssnover95 knows what's in an order marker ssnover95 knows what's in an order marker ssnover95 knows what's in an order marker

Yeah I've seen many of the ActionClix lines. I actually have had a handful of Halo figures for years, and have toyed around with customs for the Master Chief and other characters. They aren't ready for this thread yet, but they'll get here eventually.

I had considered a sort of recharge for Cole, but I didn't want the card to get too cluttered when it gets made. A marker power tends to take up a lot of room on a card and with four powers (including Super Strength), I'm pretty much at the standard limit. I had toyed around with a Thunder Drop power as well but dropped it for the same reason.

A marker power also didn't really fit thematically for me because the only attacks he has available that in the game drained his power are the respective special attacks. Since at full power you could easily use both multiple times, or at least as many times as you needed in the time scale of a Heroscape battle, I figured I'd leave it alone.

I'm not at all set on a point cost yet, 200 is just a round-a-bout number I was aiming for. I'll do some more comparisons and see if I can narrow down what I've got a little better.

Thanks for the comments and criticisms!
Old January 28th, 2014, 09:23 PM

Re: ssnover95's Super Customs - V for Vendetta

Added Codename V from V For Vendetta.
Old February 11th, 2014, 12:07 AM

ImJustSaiyan Woo who?
Re: ssnover95's Super Customs - V for Vendetta

I need to re read the graphic novel on V's character. I like the destroy object power, I just feel like you could maybe do more for his mark. Then again I really cant judge because I haven't read up on his character in quite some time. Are you using a custom for his piece?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations