Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Card Games
Card Games Including 'collectable' card games.

Old March 26th, 2008, 01:40 AM

Location: Kansas City metro area (Grain Valley, Blue Springs)
paradox22 knows what's in an order marker paradox22 knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
But considering the Kneepad's not so subtle deeper meaning... wouldn't you expect to get away with anything while using them?

Accuracy does not equal broken.

LOL

Get your Kansas City Metro Scaping fix here: http://kcheroscapers.getphpbb.com/forum.html
Old March 26th, 2008, 08:27 AM
Sleeps with Monkeys

Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness
We all know what can happen when she is willing to go down on her knees.........

I gotta get this game, I can cheat in it, I am sold I tell you!

Heroscape - The Game I Have Waited My Whole Life For!
GenCon - a must for any true Scaper!
Old March 26th, 2008, 10:27 PM
Needs Reassurance

braveheart101 rolls all skulls baby! braveheart101 rolls all skulls baby! braveheart101 rolls all skulls baby! braveheart101 rolls all skulls baby! braveheart101 rolls all skulls baby! braveheart101 rolls all skulls baby!
Ah, Munchkin, the only game in the world that allows you to cheat. I like the way its a totla luck game, it makes the game play like riding a wild cougar

Bravey

Need miniatures painted?

People to trade with: sixthflagbearer

Callipygian girls make the world go 'round.
Old April 29th, 2008, 04:08 PM
Good is Dumb

Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Munchkin?

Munchkin is the only game that comes to mind that can be nearly as fun as Heroscape as long as you're playing with people who are comfortable with the rules. I went to a very small 'convention' with only about 20 people and we played Munchkin nonstop for three days.

Long live Munchkin.

Check out Gulp's Glyphs Not Worth Grabbing and Gulp's Abilities Not Worth Activating! Very Useful Thread: The Heroscape Library

"Heroscapers.com is not a charity site for the illiterate." -Gbob
Old April 29th, 2008, 06:55 PM

Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I kind of liked this game the first time I played it, but it can get way too long and out of control. I recommend Torches in Pitchforks, as it has the Munchkin style mechanics of fighting random monsters and such, but it will always be a shorter more fun game.
Old May 12th, 2008, 03:01 PM
LNoE Hero or Zombie?

ej knows what's in an order marker ej knows what's in an order marker ej knows what's in an order marker

Who here prefers to combine all the Munchkins and who here feels you gotta keep 'em separated?

My 2 shiny bits - keep 'em separated. I played a blended game twice and I'm not too gung-ho to do so again.

Also, who's looking forward to MunchkinQuest the Board Game?

Environmentalists make great compost.
Old May 12th, 2008, 03:11 PM
Good is Dumb

Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by ej View Post
Who here prefers to combine all the Munchkins and who here feels you gotta keep 'em separated?

My 2 shiny bits - keep 'em separated. I played a blended game twice and I'm not too gung-ho to do so again.

I've just bought my third expansion set: Need for Steed, and I already had Clerical Errors. That deck is getting pretty tall and the proper shuffling is taking longer and longer. I'll still probably by the Unnatural Axe one and the others fantasy based sets, blend them up, and just consider the randomness one of the more interesting aspects. And I found my old card shuffler from my weekly Texas Hold Em tournaments.

Check out Gulp's Glyphs Not Worth Grabbing and Gulp's Abilities Not Worth Activating! Very Useful Thread: The Heroscape Library

Old May 12th, 2008, 03:24 PM

aquaone is surprisingly tart

I've only played 2 or 3 games of Munchkin that completed in under an hour. Most have gone on for ~3 hours or people have lost interest in playing. I feel the game, especially with all the add-ons, grows ridiculously long unless some set of players rally to help someone win.

*insert witty catchphrase here*
Old May 12th, 2008, 03:34 PM
LNoE Hero or Zombie?

ej knows what's in an order marker ej knows what's in an order marker ej knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gulp View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ej View Post

I've just bought my third expansion set: Need for Steed, and I already had Clerical Errors. That deck is getting pretty tall and the proper shuffling is taking longer and longer. I'll still probably by the Unnatural Axe one and the others fantasy based sets, blend them up, and just consider the randomness one of the more interesting aspects. And I found my old card shuffler from my weekly Texas Hold Em tournaments.
The original Munchkin game vs. the other flavors is what I was referring to, specifically Star Munchkin, Munchkin Impossible, etc. I have Munchkins 2-5 myself and yes, the decks are quite large.

Environmentalists make great compost.
Old May 12th, 2008, 03:37 PM

Location: Kansas City metro area (Grain Valley, Blue Springs)
paradox22 knows what's in an order marker paradox22 knows what's in an order marker

Munchkin and all it's expansions are fine... but blending them into star-super hero-cthulu-cowboy-mission impossible- munchkin isn't my cup of tea... too many darn cards, and despite it's "relatively" simple mechanics... it can still get confusing.

I'll admit it, Im a munchkin purist... keep em seperate.

Get your Kansas City Metro Scaping fix here: http://kcheroscapers.getphpbb.com/forum.html
Old May 12th, 2008, 04:30 PM
Good is Dumb

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquaone View Post
I've only played 2 or 3 games of Munchkin that completed in under an hour. Most have gone on for ~3 hours or people have lost interest in playing. I feel the game, especially with all the add-ons, grows ridiculously long unless some set of players rally to help someone win.
I first played at a convention party, and we played a game with seven people and three expansions. THAT was a long game, maybe 5 hours. We drank a lot in the process, and before long we had developed the most vicious game ever. Cut-Throat Munchkin would have been an appropriate name. I wasn't the only person to say, 'I will join your fight,' and then the battle would begin and my partner would say, 'How many points are you worth.' 'Hmm...lemme see. 3 points." (when the monster was like Level 18.) We'd lose because he/she didn't take a moment to say, 'Before I agree to let you fight with me, how many points are you worth?'

I and the others don't normally play this underhandedly. It definitely introduced Trust as a new playing factor. Who could you trust not to sabotage the fight? Sometimes that was the only way to keep someone from winning.

I later found out that our vicious version is against the official rules. If you offer help, you have to be able to beat the monster. Throwing down a +10 Ancient card on your fight, and using your Lucky Dice card to get away while your co-fighter missed her run away roll is apparently still in the rules. (Unless someone knows that this too is incorrect.)

Old May 13th, 2008, 05:23 PM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!

As far as I know, agreeing to help, pumping up the monsters (or adding more monsters like with Wandering Monster or the ...in Black's) and then running away is perfectly fine. You just better hope someone doesn't have a Time Warp or something to cancel your Loaded Die...

I also like to keep the games separate. I have Munchkin Fu, Super Munchkin and Munchkin Impossible. I've blended them, but find it much more fun to keep them separate. Though, in a really big game, I could see the appeal of combining them all.

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Card Games