Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion
Competitive Armies Discussion Discuss, critique, and build ideas for tournament-caliber armies.

Notices

Old February 7th, 2007, 11:10 PM

Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness
But what about Valguard?
Old February 7th, 2007, 11:15 PM
2-time GenCon Mindshackle and Main Event Champion

spider_poison wears ripped pants of awesomeness spider_poison wears ripped pants of awesomeness spider_poison wears ripped pants of awesomeness spider_poison wears ripped pants of awesomeness spider_poison wears ripped pants of awesomeness spider_poison wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarissimus
But what about Valguard?
Man, I've felt like I've given him a rating more than three times now....must be just slipping my brain . Okay, now he finally has one.
Old February 8th, 2007, 09:50 AM
BoV Judge Emeritus

UranusPChicago knows what's in an order marker UranusPChicago knows what's in an order marker UranusPChicago knows what's in an order marker
Awesome list, Spider_poison. Very impressive and very thorough. Again, it is a good thing anytime we can look inside the mind of someone who has such a solid grasp of the components of the game. Thank you for the resource.

UPC's Heroscape Strategy Blog (and whatever else the Muse sends my way...)

Old February 8th, 2007, 10:21 AM
Mintiest of the Minty

markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Now will you make us a list too, UPC?
Old February 8th, 2007, 10:24 AM
BoV Judge Emeritus

UranusPChicago knows what's in an order marker UranusPChicago knows what's in an order marker UranusPChicago knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by markwars
Now will you make us a list too, UPC?
Copy s_p's list and change the name up top to UPC and you pretty much have it...

UPC's Heroscape Strategy Blog (and whatever else the Muse sends my way...)

Old February 8th, 2007, 10:25 AM
Mintiest of the Minty

markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness
That's good to know too. :P
Old February 8th, 2007, 05:03 PM

MrBarkypants Woo who?
I agree with Crixus and Spartacus being too low. This was the first expansion set I bought and I used them a lot. Crixus with an "x" marker on Sparty can take down Charos in a couple of turns.

Sparty is way to costly on his own, but with Crixy the pair is worth it. Rety is not so good.

I'm Mr. Barkypants, and I'm a mix of ol schoo and new schoo....
Old February 8th, 2007, 05:37 PM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBarkypants
I agree with Crixus and Spartacus being too low. This was the first expansion set I bought and I used them a lot. Crixus with an "x" marker on Sparty can take down Charos in a couple of turns.

Sparty is way to costly on his own, but with Crixy the pair is worth it. Rety is not so good.
that is 290 points to take out 210 points..

sort of proves the point...

until something like a bonding gladiator squad comes out, "sparty" is just too expensive.

A must read for all 'Scapers!
Old February 8th, 2007, 05:59 PM
has been BANNED

Stealth Dodge is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Gladiators need some type of ranged squad more than bonding in my opinion. Their biggest weaknesses as far as I am concerned are:

1)Lack of Range
2)Lack of Attacks per turn

In general, the best pieces in Heroscape either: Attack from range or have multiple attacks themselves. The gladiators unfortunately have neither
Old February 8th, 2007, 05:59 PM

MrBarkypants Woo who?
[quote="R˙chean"]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBarkypants

that is 290 points to take out 210 points..

sort of proves the point...

quote]

That's not totally true since I would just be using Crixus to take out Charos and Sparty hasn't really entered the battle yet. He still has his stats to figure in. Besides, their gladiators man.

I'm Mr. Barkypants, and I'm a mix of ol schoo and new schoo....
Old February 8th, 2007, 06:46 PM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth
If you show up to a tournament with a 500 point army that has Crixus and Spartacus in it, you will lose repeatedly before the day is over.

Spider's assessments, for the most part, are spot on for competitive play.

A must read for all 'Scapers!
Old February 8th, 2007, 07:39 PM

Su-Bak-Na knows what's in an order marker Su-Bak-Na knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Su-Bak-Na
Cool except..... your missing my favorite kyrie, the Einar Imperium.
Okay I now rlise they have been on the list this whole time, the reson I couldn't find them is because I kept going the the 'e' section of the list. I have now relized that a uneeded 'The' was added in front of their name. I hate to be picky but that really threw me off when looking for them.

Otherwise great list.

Never negotiate the truth. - Serj Tankian

Trade List: Please contact with offers. http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ostcount=10010

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion