Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion
Competitive Armies Discussion Discuss, critique, and build ideas for tournament-caliber armies.

Notices

Old November 23rd, 2018, 12:16 PM

wargamingaddict87 knows what's in an order marker wargamingaddict87 knows what's in an order marker
Are Gladiatrons one of the best sqauds or what?!

Hey Scapers
I bought a bunch of Gladiatrons recently and have been wrecking face with them! They've been an add on to a couple army lists that are hero centric (Agent Carr, Blastatrons, Gladiatrons & I tried the Dund+Gladiatron combo)

But what are some powerful Gladiatron lists.
I have 7 squads in my collection.

What army lists would you run using anything from the standard Heroscape Universe (no C3V; I dont own any of those). 400pt & 500pt.
Old November 23rd, 2018, 02:20 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!
Re: Are Gladiatrons one of the best sqauds or what?!

If you dont have a 24 hex army limit you cant go wrong with 3x glads and 3x blasts. There are counters to it such as omnicron repulsors and quasatch hunters but its still pretty top tier at tournaments. They work best with just the two army cards. Wasting points and order markers on anything else is a waste in this build.

Anytime Ive run them at tourneys Ive wrecked with them. I even pulled off a win against an omnicron build with repulsors snipers and omegacron. Fighting uphill no less.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old November 23rd, 2018, 02:38 PM

wargamingaddict87 knows what's in an order marker wargamingaddict87 knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
If you dont have a 24 hex army limit you cant go wrong with 3x glads and 3x blasts. There are counters to it such as omnicron repulsors and quasatch hunters but its still pretty top tier at tournaments. They work best with just the two army cards. Wasting points and order markers on anything else is a waste in this build.

Anytime Ive run them at tourneys Ive wrecked with them. I even pulled off a win against an omnicron build with repulsors snipers and omegacron. Fighting uphill no less.
oh nice! Ive usually played a standard 24hex start zone.
Any ideas for a 2x Gladiatrons + 2x blastatrons (400pt or 500pt)?
Old November 23rd, 2018, 03:13 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Honestly, Gladiatrons need Blastatrons to be effective - they're too vulnerable to range, expensive and lacking in punch otherwise.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old November 23rd, 2018, 04:41 PM
Baron of Beantown V

Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun

Blasts/Glads are one of the best squads in the game, yes (you need to run Blastatrons with them). They are dependent on hex/figure limit though, if you're in a format with only 16 or 18 figures to work with, they're not as strong, but still pretty great I'd say. But if you can run 5+ squads total of them (basically always having Blasts x2, Glads x2 as a base), they're top tier. Here are some very strong Tron armies for 500pt.:

Raelin RotV 80
Blasts x3 180
Glads x3 240

(for 520pt., go Blasts x2/Glads x4)

Raelin RotV 80
Blasts x2 120
Glads x3 240
Black Wyrmling x2 60

Laglor 110
Blasts x3 180
Glads x2 160
Marro Warriors 50

Laglor 110
Blasts x2 120
Glads x3 240
30pt. Filler(s)

I don't think the Deathwalker build is bad, I think it can be pretty good:

Deathwalker 9000 140
Blasts x2 120
Glads x3 240

Drop down to 4 squads total for trons and you can fit Laglor+Krav:

Laglor 110
Krav 100
Blasts x2 120
Glads x2 160
Ninja 10

Taelord's an option too:

Taelord 180
Blasts x3 240
Glads x1 80

^that one will be harder to play than the other ones. I don't think it's as strong, but if you get on a good map for it it can work well.

All Blastatrons is also an army type, but it's not as strong as mixing in Gladiatrons, and definitely harder to play.

For 400pt. it gets tougher for the Trons, tougher to squeeze enough in, but they're not exempt:

Blasts x2 120
Glads x3 240
40pt. of Filler(s)

^with this one, you keep the strong 5 squads base, but miss out on having a strong hero to help. Dropping to 4 squads total makes room for a strong hero:

Blasts x2 120
Glads x2 160
Kaemon/Hydra/Laglor+Ninja 120

You can also use Raelin with 4 squads but you then still have an awkward 40pt. to fill; I think having the 3rd squad of Glads is better but Raelin is never bad. Could go more ballsy and run Raelin/Blasts x1/Glads x3, too. But I'd worry about more matchups with that one.

I don't know how good dropping to 3 squads total for Trons is, but dok's done it before with success so it's not out of the realm of possibilities:

Raelin 80
Blasts x2 120
Glads x1 80
Kaemon Awa? 120, maybe Hydra 120

Could run Krav and 2 Glads instead:

Raelin 80
Blasts x1 60
Glads x2 160
Krav 100

Basically, I think Trons shine much more when you're playing 500pt.+ and have the room to run more than 4 squads total of them. But I don't think they're bad when playing in formats that restrict them to less than that, just not as strong.

But yeah, Trons are good

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion