Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old February 13th, 2019, 09:36 PM
Book Wyrm

LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: The Book of Midnighter (Breathing Period)

I'm fine with the boost. There just seemed to be a lot of wariness against it being able to be triggered against someone who hasn't moved/attacked yet. I just wanted it to be clear that given the actual rules regarding D20 rolls, with a boost we can't build it in that he can't trigger the top bonus against someone who hasn't moved or attacked.
Old February 13th, 2019, 09:39 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordVenoc View Post
I'm fine with the boost. There just seemed to be a lot of wariness against it being able to be triggered against someone who hasn't moved/attacked yet. I just wanted it to be clear that given the actual rules regarding D20 rolls, with a boost we can't build it in that he can't trigger the top bonus against someone who hasn't moved or attacked.
C3G's already deviated from that rule anyway, I think (Wildfire). Even if that weren't the case, I'd be fine with taking on that design/balance constraint to line up with our usual aesthetics.
Old February 13th, 2019, 10:25 PM
Book Wyrm

LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Alright. Did some digging on the whole 21 is 20 thing. According to this thread which was pulled from the old heroscape.com, 21 is not a 20. So we could format it as 21+ if heroes approve that stylistic choice, which they seem to be on board with at this point.
Old February 13th, 2019, 10:35 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Alright. Did some digging on the whole 21 is 20 thing. According to this thread which was pulled from the old heroscape.com, 21 is not a 20. So we could format it as 21+ if heroes approve that stylistic choice, which they seem to be on board with at this point.
Good find. I'm not sure where I read the rule I'm remembering, but I'm pretty sure I'm not imagining it. But that said, I withdraw my comment.

Old February 13th, 2019, 10:39 PM
Book Wyrm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taeblewalker View Post
Quote:
Good find. I'm not sure where I read the rule I'm remembering, but I'm pretty sure I'm not imagining it. But that said, I withdraw my comment.
It seemed right to me, but didn't fit with my memory of cards starting to say "20 or higher." So I had to dig to find it. Besides, as Ronin pointed out, Wildfire is a specific case of already breaking the 1-20 bounds, so setting a 21+ isn't unheard of. And it matches with the theme we have going.
Old February 14th, 2019, 12:05 AM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

I'd maybe make a post in one of the rules threads in the main forum just to double check.
Old February 14th, 2019, 12:22 AM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!

I lean more towards A and no preference. Also, I like Agent but would be ok with Operative.
Old February 14th, 2019, 08:44 PM
Book Wyrm

Okay, it looks like the general direction of the SP is good based on votes, save for the update to move or attack in the clause. And I think this pairs better with boost. Puts it on the player to remember their boost to get the good stuff, rather than the foe to remember the decrease to protect their stuff. I can understand some concerns on the memory mechanic. In a lot of situations, the Order markers are gonna give it away and are going to be who he is focused on anyway. This way, I feel really only creates a memory mechanic in situations where it would be a theme break otherwise (like the Professor X situation mentioned).

Red is the update to Predictive Combat. Blue are the things that seem to be in the air. Can the heroes weight in on if they are cool with Operative being in consideration for Stormwatch? We discussed making them more OM based synergy powers, rather than something strictly class/species/personality based. I'd like to know if it can be placed on the table for discussion. If they'd rather not overlap it, I'm perfectly happy with Agent.

Quote:
NAME = MIDNIGHTER
SECRET IDENTITY = ???
SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = VIGILANTE/AGENT/OPERATIVE
PERSONALITY = VIOLENT

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 5

MOVE = 6
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 5
DEFENSE = 4

POINTS = 300

PREDICTIVE COMBAT
Before attacking with a normal attack against a figure without the Insane personality, you must first roll the 20-sided die, adding 4 to the roll if the defending figure has moved or attacked this round.
• If you roll 1-5, attack normally.
• If you roll 6-15, add one automatic skull to whatever is rolled.
• If you roll 16-20, add one automatic skull to whatever is rolled and subtract one shield from whatever is rolled by the defending figure.
• If you roll 21 or higher, add one automatic skull to whatever is rolled and subtract one shield from whatever is rolled by the defending figure, and the targeted figure cannot use any special powers on its card for this attack.

COMPUTED RESPONSE
When rolling defense against a figure in clear sight of Midnighter without the Insane personality all blanks rolled count as additional shields and if Midnighter is adjacent to the attacking figure, all excess shields rolled count as unblockable hits on the attacking figure.

HEALING FACTOR
After taking a turn with Midnighter, remove 1 Wound Marker from this Army Card.

I could see Healing Factor going down and a life bump for some sort of synergy power. I don't know how I'd feel if we just scrapped it and upped the life though. Still mulling that prospect over. Were there any further considerations/concerns with the design besides the ones in blue?
Old February 15th, 2019, 09:57 AM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

I like Operative here and in the future, we can use Operative for "powered people employed by the government" as opposed to Agent, which is generally "normal person that works full-time with the government." With flexibility based on which armies we want them with obviously.
Old February 15th, 2019, 10:12 AM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

I’m all for Operative. Even if it doesn’t become a general tag, I think some crossplay between the (relatively) small factions of Alpha Flight and the Authority would be cool. Maybe it doesn’t make perfect thematic sense, but why should it have to?
Old February 15th, 2019, 11:52 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Would be cool if he offered some Operative synergy. Puck love!
Old February 15th, 2019, 02:10 PM
Doesn't Drink the Kool-Aid (Eats the Catsup)

ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby! ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby! ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby! ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby! ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby!

I think Operative makes more sense for characters that are government-adjacent or belong to superhero teams with a more miltaristic bent/organisational structure but who aren't really classically part of a "spy" agency so yeah Operative sounds good

What's up with claymation?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library