Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old February 13th, 2019, 05:48 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Midnighter (Breathing Period)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordVenoc View Post
NAME = MIDNIGHTER
SECRET IDENTITY = ???
SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = VIGILANTE
PERSONALITY = VIOLENT

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 5

MOVE = 6
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 5
DEFENSE = 4

POINTS = 300

PREDICTIVE COMBAT
Before attacking with a normal attack against a figure without the Insane personality, you must first roll the 20-sided die, adding 4 to the roll if there is at least one revealed order marker on the card of the defending figure.
• If you roll 1-5, attack normally.
• If you roll 6-15, add one automatic skull to whatever is rolled.
• If you roll 16-20, add one automatic skull to whatever is rolled and subtract one shield from whatever is rolled by the defending figure.
If you roll 21 or higher, add one automatic skull to whatever is rolled and subtract one shield from whatever is rolled by the defending figure, and the targeted figure cannot use any special powers on its card for this attack.

COMPUTED RESPONSE
When rolling defense against a figure in clear sight of Midnighter without the Insane personality all blanks rolled count as additional shields and if Midnighter is adjacent to the attacking figure, all excess shields rolled count as unblockable hits on the attacking figure.

HEALING FACTOR
After taking a turn with Midnighter, remove 1 Wound Marker from this Army Card.
I believe the rules team said that any d20 die roll modified above 20 counts as 20 (except for initiative).

Old February 13th, 2019, 06:19 PM
Book Wyrm

LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

The miniature is definitely in the style of the DCYou/Rebirth era stuff. There aren't a lot of stark differences between classic and the newest era suit, so I think we'd be fine either way, but probably should shy slightly toward the more modern look.

If rules count everything above 20 as 20, it sounds like we will need to go subtractive to ensure that the big power can't be hit if it is untriggered, so that resolves that vote instantly, as far as I'm concerned.

As far as votes on the trigger, it looks we are at

A 2 votes
B 3 votes

Previous voters, if the knowledge that it is going to be subtracting from the roll if the trigger isn't met changes you vote, please chime in.
Old February 13th, 2019, 06:23 PM
Doesn't Drink the Kool-Aid (Eats the Catsup)

ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby! ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby! ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby! ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby! ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordVenoc View Post
The miniature is definitely in the style of the DCYou/Rebirth era stuff. There aren't a lot of stark differences between classic and the newest era suit, so I think we'd be fine either way, but probably should shy slightly toward the more modern look.

If rules count everything above 20 as 20, it sounds like we will need to go subtractive to ensure that the big power can't be hit if it is untriggered, so that resolves that vote instantly, as far as I'm concerned.

As far as votes on the trigger, it looks we are at

A 2 votes
B 3 votes

Previous voters, if the knowledge that it is going to be subtracting from the roll if the trigger isn't met changes you vote, please chime in.

How were you feeling on the images I posted?

What's up with claymation?
Old February 13th, 2019, 06:25 PM
Book Wyrm

LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

How necessary textless is would be my biggest factor. Several of those I was initially considering, but mentally shot down out of concern of how big the speech bubble was. I'm sure at least one of those will work, once art department weighs in on the bubble issue.
Old February 13th, 2019, 06:32 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Alight, no I don't have this mini after all. I was thinking of a different Wildstorm mini.
Old February 13th, 2019, 06:33 PM
Book Wyrm

I have it and can get the photos for it. Grabbed him and Apollo once I made the designs and there was interest in really seeing them move forward. Any particular things I should do to properly set up the photo?
Old February 13th, 2019, 06:36 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

I believe the mini depository still has tips for taking pics for cards there. Generally speaking though; all white background, natural sunlight, decently close up, and multiple angle pics should fit the bill.
Old February 13th, 2019, 06:39 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Yeah I wasn’t seeing the 21 or over part before. Definitely go for subtraction then, because powers that trigger on rolls over 21 are generally a no-no from what I understand.

My vote on the trigger still stands, I like to avoid memory mechanics whenever possible.
Old February 13th, 2019, 09:02 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

B/A for me.

I'd aim for something along the lines of Agent for class for synergy reasons, as mentioned... I see him more likely to hang out with Nick Fury than Robin and Alfred. Did we ever end up using Operative as a class? That might be a good fit here.
Old February 13th, 2019, 09:07 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post
B/A for me.

I'd aim for something along the lines of Agent for class for synergy reasons, as mentioned... I see him more likely to hang out with Nick Fury than Robin and Alfred. Did we ever end up using Operative as a class? That might be a good fit here.
We have it on Puck, with the intent to use on Alpha Flight units. Not sure Authority/Alpha Flight is a super-logical cross-synergy, but I do agree that Operative would be a great class for Authority characters, if you set Alpha Flight aside.

I guess there is kind of a vague connective tissue between Alpha Flight and the Authority in that they're... almost Agents, but they're working for organizations that are very specifically set up as super-groups rather than broader espionage agencies that happen to have a few metahumans on payroll.

EDIT: Also B, then no preference for me. Memory mechanic is more theme-accurate, Order Marker is more elegant.
Old February 13th, 2019, 09:25 PM
Book Wyrm

To those voting for B (boost) on the first, do realize that boost means that it will be possible for Midnighter to hit the top power on someone who hasn't triggered the ability, per rules as reminded by Taeblewalker. Hence the comment of it feeling "decided" as the prevailing concern was about how easy that would be to hit.

I know johnny and Ronin have voted boost, but I don't know if the issue of top power being on the table was clear to them at that point. Scapemage's post clarifying to LO seemed as if it had them flipped, as it described B as the penalty when A is the penalty. The direction prior to the rules clarification seemed predominantly toward boost. So I'll reclarify the poll, as it seems there is confusion because of the two versions of the power.

Regarding Predictive Combat, would you prefer:
A:
A penalty to the roll if power is untriggered. This would guarantee top defensive power is impossible without the trigger condition happening or D20 boosters.
B: A boost to the roll. With a boost in play, we would have to completely invert the die rolls to make the top boost impossible without the trigger.

Please do not take the powers as currently written into consideration with this, as that seems to have caused confusion.

To continue prior second poll as well:

And for the trigger, do you prefer it be:

A Revealed order marker based
B Based on moving or attacking.

Currently, second poll is:

A: 3
B: 4
No preference: 1

I think it is a pretty resounding No on the Vigilante thing. I will defer to the heroes on Operative vs Agent. I'm not super picky, but it will set the tone for the future of Stormwatch. If we do go Operative, I would have interest in a bit of Operative synergy being added somewhere (for Apollo synergy), but again, that isn't something I'll spend to much energy on if we feel like it is complicating the design.

EDIT: Also I promise my next like...7 designs won't come near this whole turn vs order marker thing again. I feel bad that its come up on two designs in a row.
Old February 13th, 2019, 09:32 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Yeah, still B for sure. If he was a villain, I could see maybe going A. Feel like expressing his powers in a negative way like that breaks with our aesthetics, though, and it sells him more as having a weakness against the cagey instead of a strength against people who show their hand.

Kind of a petty distinction to draw, but little stuff like that makes a difference in how you read a card. Spidey-Senses 9 would read a lot differently if it was Spidey-Senses 13 with a bonus of +4 against non-symbiotes.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library