Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old February 13th, 2019, 12:25 PM
Book Wyrm

LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
The Book of Midnighter

The Book of Midnighter

C3G WILDSTORM PUBLIC EXCLUSIVE COLLECTION 20
FUTURE VISION

Comic PDF

Mini PDF

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the The Flash set.
Its model number and name are #049 / Midnighter.

Character Bio - Midnighter, alongside his future husband Apollo, was part of a top secret StormWatch team created by the first Weatherman, Henry Bendix. Nobody but Bendix himself knew of the team's existence. Bendix built them as superhuman and, when they donned their costumes and spoke their codenames, their previous identities ceased to exist.
Midnighter and Apollo eventually joined Stormwatch and retired following its destruction. Jenny Sparks eventually convinced them to end their retirement to join her newly founded team, The Authority.

Midnighter is very open about his sexuality, as well as his love of violence and killing. While the Wildstorm universe was merged with the mainstream DC universe, Midnighter was an operative of The Garden, working actively against other spy agencies such as Spyral. He was occasionally a foe of Agent Grayson, but eventually teamed with him to take down Spyral. Midnighter has literally gone to Hell and back to save his (at the time) boyfriend Apollo.

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • N/A

-Combinations and Synergies-

Incoming Synergy:Outgoing Synergy:Immunities, Benefits, and Weaknesses:

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
  • N/A
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-

Last edited by Splash; August 5th, 2022 at 09:46 PM. Reason: png
Old February 13th, 2019, 12:26 PM
Book Wyrm

LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: The Book of Midnighter (Breathing Period)

NAME = MIDNIGHTER
SECRET IDENTITY = LUCAS TRENT
SPECIES = METAHUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = OPERATIVE
PERSONALITY = VIOLENT

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 6

MOVE = 6
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 5
DEFENSE = 4

POINTS = 280

PREDICTIVE COMBAT
When Midnighter targets a figure that is not Insane for an adjacent normal attack, you must roll the 20-sided die, adding 4 to the roll if the targeted figure has moved or attacked this round.
• If you roll 5 or lower, attack normally.
• If you roll 6 or higher, add one automatic skull to Midnighter's attack roll and
• If you also roll 16 or higher, subtract one shield from the targeted figure's defense roll and
• If you also roll 21 or higher, the targeted figure cannot use any special powers on its Army Card when defending against this attack.

COMPUTED RESPONSE
When defending against an attack from a figure within clear sight of Midnighter that is not Insane, count all blanks rolled as additional shields. When defending against an adjacent attack that targeted Midnighter, all excess shields count as unblockable hits on the attacking figure.

BRUTALITY BOOST
While Midnighter is engaged, all other Operatives you control add 1 to their Move numbers and, if you control Andrew Pulaski, he adds 1 to his Attack number.

Last edited by LordVenoc; April 20th, 2019 at 11:40 AM. Reason: Edited per final editing.
Old February 13th, 2019, 12:29 PM
Book Wyrm

Comic Art Options

Spoiler Alert!

Background Art

Spoiler Alert!

Mini Pics
Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by LordVenoc; April 22nd, 2019 at 03:13 PM.
Old February 13th, 2019, 12:38 PM
Book Wyrm

@japes , @johnny139 , @Karat , @Ronin , @Scapemage

And we're live with Midnighter. People seemed fairly happy with the general direction back in Public Design. Here is the one change I know I want to make:

Quote:
PREDICTIVE COMBAT
Before attacking with a normal attack against a figure without the Insane personality, you must first roll the 20-sided die, subtracting 5 from the roll if the defending figure has not moved or attacked this round.
• If you roll 5 or less, attack normally.
• If you roll 6 or higher, add one automatic skull to whatever is rolled and
• If you roll 10 or higher, subtract one shield from whatever is rolled by the defending figure and
• If you roll 16 or higher, the targeted figure cannot use any special powers on its card for this attack.
Tried to make it a sequential build for saving some space. I'm not sure I quite adjusted the numbers quite right for swapping from a boost to the dice roll to a reduction. That change to the trigger comes post Freddy Krueger, as I hadn't seen a mechanic based solely off moving or attacking rather than specifically tied to Order Markers, so this version is more accurate to his power.
Old February 13th, 2019, 12:52 PM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!

I'm worried about how powerful that will make him with D-20 boosters. Definitely something we will want CRB input on.
Old February 13th, 2019, 01:00 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

I like the streamline to Predictive Combat but prefer the OM boost to the current negative - I think it'll just be a lot easier to remember.

He's definitely potent and will need a close eye. Healing Factor would be the first thing to tweak, down to just Healing off of Gamora or just a base higher Life. I think he qualifies as a Metahuman, too?

One question I have is how much, if any, synergy we'd want between him and Apollo. They're a pretty iconic duo in my mind, even if I haven't read much if any of their original series.
Old February 13th, 2019, 01:02 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

I like that approach, but I might tweak the rolls up a hair. Mainly the high end negation one, I wouldn't want that coming out too often.

Would something in the vein of Agent work better for him than Vigilante? I know he's a Batman pastiche in a lot of ways, but I feel like he's usually working for some kind of government agency or organization like the Authority when I see him pop up.
Old February 13th, 2019, 01:04 PM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

This guy seems like a great fit in a Zatanna II / Constantine / Batman III build, particularly with the power in the SP as it stands. With a 21+ threshold, I don't think I would ever take him without a D20 booster.

EDIT: LV, if you could take some time to find comic art and background options sooner rather than later, it would be a great help for the future.

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old February 13th, 2019, 01:06 PM
Book Wyrm

I'm perfectly fine with changing the range. I do realize now that I inadvertently upped the range of the last power. Here is that new version again with math done properly compared to the original:

Quote:
PREDICTIVE COMBAT
Before attacking with a normal attack against a figure without the Insane personality, you must first roll the 20-sided die, subtracting 5 from the roll if the defending figure has not moved or attacked this round.
• If you roll 5 or less, attack normally.
• If you roll 6 or higher, add one automatic skull to whatever is rolled and
• If you roll 12 or higher, subtract one shield from whatever is rolled by the defending figure and
• If you roll 17 or higher, the targeted figure cannot use any special powers on its card for this attack.
So that version keeps the die roll range provided from the original power on the top 2, but keeps what I had for the bottom two. Original version had only a 5% chance of failure if boost was triggered, this has a big wider a range at 20%. So ignoring my math failure:

New version in order of powers, chance of triggering:
If foe moved or attacked:
  • 25%
  • 30%
  • 25%
  • 20%

If foe hasn't moved or attacked:
  • 50%
  • 30%
  • 20%
  • 0%

Compared to original where the stats were:
If OM revealed
  • 5%
  • 50%
  • 25%
  • 20%

If unrevealed
  • 25%
  • 50%
  • 25%
  • 0%

Obviously, ranges and percents for powers can be tweaked. The subtraction version obviously inhibits him most when attacking foes where his power doesn't trigger. I'm not super keen on keeping it OM-less, but that's not a war I'd wage for long.

Last edited by LordVenoc; February 13th, 2019 at 01:51 PM. Reason: Power mistakenly said subtracting 10 instead of 5
Old February 13th, 2019, 01:13 PM
Book Wyrm

Woah. More responses while I was doing the maths. Let's see about things not somewhat responded to with all the math...

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post
He's definitely potent and will need a close eye. Healing Factor would be the first thing to tweak, down to just Healing off of Gamora or just a base higher Life. I think he qualifies as a Metahuman, too?

One question I have is how much, if any, synergy we'd want between him and Apollo. They're a pretty iconic duo in my mind, even if I haven't read much if any of their original series.
He has a fairly solid healing factor. He was more artificially built/modified than mutated, so I wasn't sure that metahuman fit. Definitely not opposed to it if we feel Midnighter fits the definition we've been using here.

My current plan is to put the synergy on Apollo but having him have a specific callout to Midnighter. Found here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
Would something in the vein of Agent work better for him than Vigilante? I know he's a Batman pastiche in a lot of ways, but I feel like he's usually working for some kind of government agency or organization like the Authority when I see him pop up.
He is an agent at times. Not really a very good one, in that he's prone to go a tad rogue. So Vigilante was a bit of a nod to some of the shifts seen in bringing him to DC. Agent would probably be a tad more appropriate if we wanted him more pure Wildstorm era.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scapemage View Post
This guy seems like a great fit in a Zatanna II / Constantine / Batman III build, particularly with the power in the SP as it stands. With a 21+ threshold, I don't think I would ever take him without a D20 booster.

EDIT: LV, if you could take some time to find comic art and background options sooner rather than later, it would be a great help for the future.
The idea is that he shouldn't be hitting that top level power if the opponent hasn't made the first move. No matter what decision is made with Predictive Combat, that is probably the one hill I'll die on fighting for.

Will do! I know I took way to long on that with Pete. Looking to be a bit smoother in round 2!
Old February 13th, 2019, 01:25 PM
Book Wyrm

Comic art possibilities

A:

B:

C:

D:
Old February 13th, 2019, 01:48 PM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

A works nicely and it the largest (therefore clearest) image for the cards.

I'm on board with a large enough penalty to prevent the best option unless the opponent moves first.

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library