Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Old February 13th, 2019, 10:50 AM
Doesn't Drink the Kool-Aid (Eats the Catsup)

ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby! ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby! ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby! ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby! ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Out-there Heaven (Movie, TV, and Video Game Characters)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALEXAN2507 View Post
There is a Part 3 version of Joseph Joestar where he becomes one of the protag group rather than being /the/ JoJo of that part where it wouldn't necessarily make sense for Caesar to receive bonding on account of Caesar being dead by that point in the series so yah
I wouldn't sweat that kind of thing at all. If you take a gander at the Vigilante synergy web, for instance, you can pretty easily put some funky bonding pairs together. None of the Robins demand they key into the specific Bat-folks they actually work with, and you get weirdos like Punisher and Venom in that synergy.

Even Catwoman II will get some weird bonding partners if we dig into Elseworlds stuff.

I'd just have him shout out Joseph Joestar, if the version you're trying to cut out is just 'a version he would likely team up with if he had the chance, but didn't'. Not worth the extra text to shut that down.

Quote:

NAME = ESIDISI

SPECIES = PILLAR MAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = ???
PERSONALITY = TRICKY

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 7

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 5
DEFENSE = 6

FLAME MODE

Start the game with a red Boiling Blood Marker. Once per round, at the start of your turn, you may place the Boiling Blood Marker on this card.

500 DEGREES
At the start of each turn, if the Boiling Blood Marker is on this card, you must roll one combat die for each figure adjacent to Esidisi, one at a time, or two dice for a common figure. If at least 1 skull is rolled, the figure receives 1 wound. Figures with the Lava Resistant special power are not affected by 500 Degrees.

ERRATIC BLAZE KING MODE

Before attacking with Esidisi, you may remove the Boiling Blood Marker from this card. If you do, until the end of this turn, increase Esidisi’s Range by 3, Esidisi may attack two additional times this turn, and any figure who receives wound markers from an attack by Esidisi receives one automatic wound.

MALLEABLE BODY

When rolling defence dice, Esidisi may re-roll up to 2 dice.

SUPER STRENGTH
Gonna be pushing 400 points with that powerset. Is that what you're shooting for?

The Pillar Men were pretty much the strongest non-Stand users of the entire franchise so 400 would seem like a minimum really

What's up with claymation?
Old February 13th, 2019, 11:07 AM

ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby! ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby! ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby! ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby! ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby!

Is the design all good as is for a higher point character?

Old February 15th, 2019, 01:30 AM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Here's my attempt at editing the Toa Mata a bit.
Quote:

NAME = TAHU
SECRET IDENTITY =

SPECIES = CYBORG
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = TOA
PERSONALITY = BRASH

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 5

MOVE = 6
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 5
DEFENSE = 6

POINTS = ???

IMPULSIVE TOA LEADERSHIP
After revealing an Order Marker on any other Toa card you control and before taking a turn with that Toa, you may roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 2 or lower, you must take a turn with Tahu instead of that Toa. If you roll 3-14, you may take a turn with Tahu before taking a turn with that Toa. If you roll 15 or higher, you may take a turn with a different Toa you control before taking a turn with that Toa.

LEAD FROM THE FRONT
If Tahu is engaged, he rolls 2 fewer defense dice against attacks from non-adjacent figures, and all Toa you control add 1 to their Move and Attack numbers.

LAVA RESISTANT
Tahu never rolls for molten lava damage or lava field damage and does not have to stop in molten lava spaces.

Quote:

NAME = KOPAKA
SECRET IDENTITY =

SPECIES = CYBORG
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = TOA
PERSONALITY = COLD

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 5

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 5
DEFENSE = 6

POINTS = ???

COLD SNAP SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 4. Attack 5.
Start the game with 1 white Ice Marker on this card. Figures with the Ice Resistance special power cannot be targeted for this special attack, and figures occupying water spaces roll 1 fewer defense die against this special attack. Once per round, if Kopaka inflicts a wound on a figure with this special attack, you may place the Ice Marker on that figure's card. An enemy figure with your Ice Marker on its card cannot move or be moved by any special power. At the end of the round, place the Ice Marker on this card.

ANALYTICAL APPROACH
After revealing an Order Marker on this card and before taking a turn with Kopaka, you may either look at the power side of any one Glyph that is Symbol Side up or, once per round, move an Order Marker from any card in your army to any other card in your army.

ICE RESISTANCE
Slippery Ice and Heavy Snow only count as 1 space when moving. Add 1 to Kopaka's defense while on an ice or snow space.

Quote:

NAME = GALI
SECRET IDENTITY =

SPECIES = CYBORG
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = TOA
PERSONALITY = BENEVOLENT

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 5

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 3
DEFENSE = 4

POINTS = ???

WATER STRENGTH 1
Gali does not stop her movement when entering a water space. Add 1 die to Gali's attack and defense while she is on a water space.

DOUBLE ATTACK
When Gali attacks, she may attack one additional time.

WATER CONTROL
When any player begins to take a turn, you may choose one of the following for the remainder of that player's turn:
-all spaces within 3 spaces of Gali are considered water spaces instead of their normal terrain type.
-all water spaces within 3 spaces of Gali are considered sand spaces instead of water spaces.
-figures within 3 spaces of Gali cannot roll for leaving engagement attacks.
Each option may only be chosen once per round.

Quote:

NAME = LEWA
SECRET IDENTITY =

SPECIES = CYBORG
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = TOA
PERSONALITY = MISCHIEVOUS

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 5

MOVE = 6
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 4

POINTS = ???

VINE SWING 3
At any point before, during, or after moving Lewa, if he is adjacent to an Evergreen Tree or Jungle Piece, you may place Lewa on any unoccupied space adjacent to that Evergreen Tree or Jungle Piece. When Lewa moves with Vine Swing, he will not take any leaving engagement attacks. Lewa cannot use Vine Swing more than 3 times in a single turn.

WIND CONTROL
If there is a revealed Order Marker on this card, figures within 3 spaces of Lewa cannot use the Flying special power, and no figure can use any special power to pass over a space within 3 spaces of Lewa.

WIND BLAST SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 3. Attack 4.
After a figure defends against this special attack, you may place it on an empty space exactly X spaces away from its current placement. X is the number of blanks you rolled for this attack. Figures moved by this special attack will not take leaving engagement attacks, but will take any falling damage that may apply.

Quote:

NAME = POHATU
SECRET IDENTITY =

SPECIES = CYBORG
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = TOA
PERSONALITY = JOCULAR

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 6

MOVE = 4
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 5
DEFENSE = 4

POINTS = ???

BOULDER CREATION
Start the game with a Small Boulder Destructible Object on this card. Before attacking with Pohatu, you may place the Small Boulder Destructible Object on an empty space adjacent to Pohatu. When a Small Boulder Destructible Object would be destroyed, you may instead place it on this card.

SUPER SPEED
Pohatu may move through all figures, never takes leaving engagement attacks, and does not have to stop his movement when entering water spaces. After taking a turn with Pohatu, if he did not use his Power Kick special power this turn, he may move up to an additional 4 spaces.

POWER KICK
Instead of attacking with Pohatu, you may choose a small or medium figure adjacent to Pohatu and roll the 20-sided die, adding 13 to the roll if the chosen figure is a Destructible Object. If you roll a 14 or higher, place the figure on any empty space within 5 clear sight spaces of Pohatu and roll an unblockable attack die against the placed figure.

Quote:
NAME = SMALL BOULDER

SIZE/HEIGHT = SMALL 3

LIFE = 2
DEFENSE = 5

STONE DEBRIS

When this Small Boulder receives a wound or is destroyed, roll an unblockable attack die for each figure adjacent to this Small Boulder, one at a time. If you roll a skull, the figure receives a wound. Figures with the Boulder Creation special power are not affected by Stone Debris.

Quote:

NAME = ONUA
SECRET IDENTITY =

SPECIES = CYBORG
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = TOA
PERSONALITY = WISE

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 6

MOVE = 4
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 6
DEFENSE = 6

POINTS = ???

STRATEGIC PATIENCE
When rolling for initiative, you may subtract 4 from your roll. When you lose initiative, all figures you control add 1 to their Defense numbers until the first time you reveal an Order Marker.

UNDERGROUND MOVEMENT
Instead of moving normally with an Onua, you may immediately place him on any empty non-water space that is within 4 spaces of Onua and is no higher than 1 level above Onua's height or 3 levels below Onua's base. If Onua is engaged when he starts his Underground Movement, he will take any leaving engagement attacks.

EARTHQUAKE SPECIAL ATTACK
Range Special. Attack 3.
All non-flying figures within 4 spaces of Onua are affected by Earthquake Special Attack. Roll attack dice once for all affected figures. Each figure rolls defense dice separately. Figures without the Super Strength special power roll 1 fewer defense die when defending against Onua's Earthquake Special Attack.

SUPER STRENGTH
Old February 18th, 2019, 07:07 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:

NAME = WINSTON

SPECIES = SIMIAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = SCIENTIST
PERSONALITY = BRILLIANT

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 6
MOVE = 5
RANGE = 4
ATTACK = 4

DEFENSE = 4

POINTS = ???

BARRIER PROJECTOR
Start the game with a Glyph of Barrier Projector on this card. After moving with Winston, you may place the Glyph of Barrier Projector on any empty space Winston occupied this turn. At the end of the round, instead of removing this Glyph of Barrier Projector from the game, place it on this card.

ROCKET LEAP
Instead of moving and attacking, Winston may Rocket Leap. Rocket Leap has a move of 10. When counting spaces for Winston's Rocket Leap movement, ignore elevations. Winston may leap over water without stopping, leap over figures without becoming engaged, and leap over obstacles such as ruins. Winston may not leap more than 50 levels up or down in a single leap. When moving with Rocket Leap, Winston will take any leaving engagement attacks. After moving Winston with Rocket Leap, roll an unblockable attack die against every figure adjacent to Winston.

PRIMAL RAGE
If there are 4 or more wounds on this card, add 3 to his attack and his range is 1.
Quote:
NAME = GLYPH OF BARRIER PROJECTOR
SUBTITLE = PROJECTILE DEFENSE

PERMANENT GLYPH

All figures on or within 1 space of this glyph add 1 automatic shield to whatever is rolled when defending against a non-adjacent attack, even while this glyph is unoccupied. At the end of the round, if the Glyph of Barrier Projector is on the battlefield, remove it from the game.
Here's a second take on Winston, trying to bring him closer to the game counterpart with suggestions from Quaz and Johnny.
Old February 19th, 2019, 09:45 AM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Looks fun - don't play the game, but that just looks fun.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old February 19th, 2019, 09:07 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Quote:
Right now I would say there isn't all that much tension between his two modes. Is that something you're comfortable with? I think he's pretty much gonna want to do the Blaze King thing all the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
Looks fun - don't play the game, but that just looks fun.
Agreed.

Side note, do I remember correctly that you wanted Winston to be able to drop the glyph mid-leap? Because you could effectively do that by specifying an empty space "Winston occupied or passed over this turn" in the first power.
Old February 19th, 2019, 09:18 PM
Just A Head

Yeah that's what I'm looking for, thanks Ronin.

I think Winston might actually be one of the more viable ones in this thread. The mini that the C3V used for Zaeus looks pretty similar, and I bet a bunch of Scapers already own it.

Old February 19th, 2019, 09:28 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

New round of Toa commentary!

Group as a whole
How do you feel about Toa as a class? Kinda sparked by discussion of something else in-Sanctum, do you think it would be better to go for a more general class to keep them a little more integrated with the game? I could see them working as Guardians or something. (And Tahu's leadership powers could key off Cyborg Guardians so you're not teaming him up with the heavies in that class)

Tahu, Kopaka and Onua
Seems like we're pretty much on the same page here. Dig the digging power on Onua.

Pohatu
I think the boulder should probably be down to 1 Life. Dig the slow Speedster approach and Power Kick, though.

Gali
Not sure about Double Attack here. It gives her an extra little mechanical wrinkle, but I'm not sure it's really essential to the character. I was thinking that if she picked up anything extra, it would be something to represent her peacemaker role - something that could help out with team cohesion a little bit.

Lewa
I like Vine Swing for him, but I think it's a real shame to skip his levitation powers in any form, and I still have some reservations about the exact wind powers I gave him. I'd be tempted to scrap everything but Vine Swing here and re-do the wind/levitation stuff.
Old February 19th, 2019, 09:39 PM
Just A Head

I think Cyborg Warrior could be really cool, it kinda captures the high-tech vs. primitive dichotomy. I could see them getting along well with Wonder Woman and the like. There was talk of Robotman being a Guardian, and that would be a slightly weird (although not unwelcome) team-up. I also don't mind Toa as a class either.

I like the idea of a peacemaker ability for Gali. My thinking for Double Attack basically just went as deep as "She has two hooks" so I'm not too attached to it. I do think it would be nice for them all to have 3 powers for symmetry's sake.

I'd be down for a rework of Lewa, but I don't really dislike the SA. Pushing people around feels mischievous, which is what I want to see out of him.

Other than that, I pretty much agree with what you're saying. I'm kinda bummed these guys probably won't happen.
Old February 19th, 2019, 09:48 PM
Symbiotic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNobody View Post
Other than that, I pretty much agree with what you're saying. I'm kinda bummed these guys probably won't happen.
Yeah, I really wish there was anything even close to feasible mini options. The Bionicle Universe could be a really rich vein to tap for designs.

Don't think you can really do much for minis without getting into the 3-D scanning/printing game, though.

(I don't know a lot about that, but I'm assuming it's possible to scale models with the right editing software - in which case, you could scan the actual lego set itself and scale it down to get a printable model. No idea about a lot of the practicalities there, though.)
Old February 19th, 2019, 10:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
Quote:
Right now I would say there isn't all that much tension between his two modes. Is that something you're comfortable with? I think he's pretty much gonna want to do the Blaze King thing all the time.
Blaze King mode is his ultimate form essentially, so that was the intent- I just figured it'd work nicer if he was only able to unleash it once a round

Old February 19th, 2019, 10:38 PM
Symbiotic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNobody View Post
I think Cyborg Warrior could be really cool, it kinda captures the high-tech vs. primitive dichotomy. I could see them getting along well with Wonder Woman and the like. There was talk of Robotman being a Guardian, and that would be a slightly weird (although not unwelcome) team-up. I also don't mind Toa as a class either.
Yeah, Warrior could also work. My first thought was more toward the Protector/Guardian side since they're more meant to protect the Matoran than they are to war on anyone. Champion could also work?

Didn't occur to me before, but you could technically also go Matoran for species, since Toa are mainly souped-up Matoran. It's muddied a little bit with the original Toa, though, since they were never Matoran. I do think you could justify a schema where the regular Matoran are Citizens, the Toa are Champions/Warriors/Guardians, and the Turaga are Leaders/Elders, though, and they all get the Matoran species to stay under one banner.

Obviously that route requires skipping Toa as a class. Worth considering if we're looking at a different class anyway, though.

Quote:
I like the idea of a peacemaker ability for Gali. My thinking for Double Attack basically just went as deep as "She has two hooks" so I'm not too attached to it. I do think it would be nice for them all to have 3 powers for symmetry's sake.
Hmm. Fair point on symmetry. The main reason I don't have a peacemaker thing there already is that I... have no idea what that looks like? Let me know if you have any brainstorms on that front.

Quote:
I'd be down for a rework of Lewa, but I don't really dislike the SA. Pushing people around feels mischievous, which is what I want to see out of him.
That's fair. I could see keeping the SA and dropping the Wind Control to try and do something that feels a little more Lewa-y.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy