Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games
Other Games Board, Card, Video, etc.

Old February 12th, 2019, 11:32 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: Superhero RPG play by forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
Lana looks good, D_S!

For HP I think I will do what I usually do for D&D. Roll HP + Con bonus each level. Use the highest total. So for 5th level with a Con bonus of +2, you'd roll 1d6+2, 2d6+4, 3d6+6, 4d6+8, and 5d6+10. Whichever roll is the highest is your HP.

And from this example, don't waste your time rolling 1d6+2 or 2d6+4.
How do you want us to handle HP for equipment?
Just one roll. You never know how durable that equipment is until you use it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old February 12th, 2019, 11:52 PM

Louisan is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Cool backstory, and thanks for the welcomes!
Old February 13th, 2019, 04:14 AM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth

I have two thoughts:
1) a courier for FHI who wakes up one day with super speed with no idea why. Unfortunately for him, he won't take the time to find out Why?
or
2) a recent Gulf veteran, lost his arms to an IED and is set to be the newest incarnation of an American Hero, Tom Turbine, the Atomic Man. He'd have bionic arms and PTSD to an extent. Part agent, part idealist, all hero.

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.
RIP George Perez
Old February 13th, 2019, 07:23 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Right on, Granite! Apologies if I forget a lot of stuff from the past. I was pretty much high through the entire 90s, know what I mean?

Speaking up, anybody up for a bump?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey'tilIDie View Post
I have two thoughts:
1) a courier for FHI who wakes up one day with super speed with no idea why. Unfortunately for him, he won't take the time to find out Why?
or
2) a recent Gulf veteran, lost his arms to an IED and is set to be the newest incarnation of an American Hero, Tom Turbine, the Atomic Man. He'd have bionic arms and PTSD to an extent. Part agent, part idealist, all hero.
(I'd combo the mysterious super speed courier with the PTSD/lost arms/bionic arms. That'll really give you dimension and texture. Not sure whether the Tom Turbine stuff fits the super speed courier, but maybe!)

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old February 13th, 2019, 11:16 AM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I'm finally reading through this and such cool stuff. Definitely using FHI as the hook for everyone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old February 13th, 2019, 12:21 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Any idea of a deadline timeframe for signing up? Still mulling this over.
If I did sign up but found I wasn't enjoying it, would there be any hard feelings over me ditching it part way? I hate to ask, but I've literally never tried anything like this before.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old February 13th, 2019, 12:22 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Nah, we'll give you a glorious death. Everybody knows that superhero deaths make the story "grittier".

Old February 13th, 2019, 12:30 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
I'm finally reading through this and such cool stuff. Definitely using FHI as the hook for everyone!
Thanks, Q. I know you guys are much more familiar with the genre than I am, so I'm really pleased that it's getting such a warm reception.

Mr. Fairweather would be very pleased.

Q, I'd be interested in knowing the timeline, also. I think having a deadline would probably help everyone involved, both in managing expectations and in motivating decisions like LO's.

Does nobody recognize the picture??? Sigh.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old February 13th, 2019, 01:55 PM

Honestly, honey, my Rockstar powers of perception have shrunk over the years, baby, - maybe it's all that blow, or the kids ....

Could anybody else go for a giant pile of marshmallows right now?

Old February 13th, 2019, 03:40 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Nah, we'll give you a glorious death. Everybody knows that superhero deaths make the story "grittier".

Yup, it's usually pretty easy to write someone out of a game and pretty epic. quozl will just make sure your character's backstory isn't initially central to the story arc.
Old February 13th, 2019, 03:45 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Right on, Granite! Apologies if I forget a lot of stuff from the past. I was pretty much high through the entire 90s, know what I mean?

Speaking up, anybody up for a bump?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey'tilIDie View Post
I have two thoughts:
or
(I'd combo the mysterious super speed courier with the PTSD/lost arms/bionic arms. That'll really give you dimension and texture. Not sure whether the Tom Turbine stuff fits the super speed courier, but maybe!)

Was thinking about roles within the team and where my character might best fit in. I can go a couple of different ways, just need to figure out what we have and what we need. Like we should have someone who can fly, someone with super strength, someone with a strong ranged attack, someone with a good melee attacks, a healer, etc. How would you feel about giving your personal assistant a medical background, like she was responsible for reviving you when you ODed or something. That way we have someone who can patch us up if we need that.
Old February 13th, 2019, 03:57 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

On the Pathfinder forums, there's a protocol for posting. Formatting is used to express different things. Regular text is a narration; bold is what your character says; italics is what the character thinks. Blue (if I remember correctly) is "out of character" stuff. Hence this part being in blue.

We don't have to adopt that kind of protocol, but I think it helps, when composing and reading posts. Just a proposal, amplified with this post as an example.

Lana looks over Jaeger's shoulder, eyeing his large van. One of the rear gate doors is open, and she's fairly certain she sees an undershirt and a pair of boxers drying on a line strung from the back of the cargo bay toward the front. Is he living in that van? He sure smells like he might be. He looks so familiar from something, too; I'm trying to remember. . .

I think I know you. Did you used to juggle torches in Washington Square Park?

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =

Last edited by Dad_Scaper; February 13th, 2019 at 04:12 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games