Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games
Other Games Board, Card, Video, etc.

Old February 12th, 2019, 08:52 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth
Re: Superhero RPG play by forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
Good questions!

I'm looking for people to post 2-3 times a week. And possible followups depend on how this goes!
I was thinking this was gonna be a lot more time intensive than that, but that, I can sure as heck commit to. Super interested in this now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey'tilIDie View Post
Just purchased it. I hope to read through tonight and begin character creation tonight too.
Same!

I wouldn't be surprised if it ended up being more, but I could be wrong.
Old February 12th, 2019, 09:19 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Behold Francis Herbert Fairweather III, scion and only heir to the Fairweather hotel chain. Perhaps you have heard of it. It is, after all, the largest regional hotel chain in the northeastern United States!

Fairweather was a born romantic. Wealthy, but also infatuated with comic books and stories of derring-do. Some of the super-wealthy purchased football or basketball teams, but Fairweather, who wasn't that super-wealthy anyway, had other ideas about how to extend his fortune into a beloved hobby.

Fairweather took his family fortune - or, at least, the part that could be spared from operating 30 hotels in New York, New Jersey, and New England, with one also, curiously, in Santa Fe - and started a new venture for FHI: employing superheroes.

The business model is pretty much a straightforward government contractor situation. Local, state, or federal governments can contact FHI, or Fairweather Hospitality Industries (the name didn't change), for "super" help. FHI will then, through its agents, reach out to qualified, interested heroes. They, in turn, would solve the government problem, in exchange for a cut of whatever had been paid to FHI.

FHI, however, is struggling. There simply isn't much money in this line of work, in that there are qualified police and fire personnel to handle ordinary jobs, and they're already paid. And the big shot superheroes already have sponsorships of one type or another, and they are generally the ones who swoop in (literally) and take care of the world-breaking threats.

So FHI is a lot like a temp agency now. The types of heroes it contracts with fall into a few categories, none of them particularly grand. Some of them are college students, looking to make a few bucks for their education. Some of them are retired from one career or another - one of them even a former rock star - looking to hustle their way, job by job, through their golden years. Some of them have ordinary, if irregular, day jobs, and just want to pad their paychecks, and some of them are just trying to do the right thing, a little bit at a time.

The main point of this is, though, that if you have a problem, FHI can solve it. Heroically.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old February 12th, 2019, 09:35 PM
Setting the Table for Super

Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Whoa @Dad_Scaper that's pretty awesome!
Old February 12th, 2019, 09:39 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
Lana looks good, D_S!

For HP I think I will do what I usually do for D&D. Roll HP + Con bonus each level. Use the highest total. So for 5th level with a Con bonus of +2, you'd roll 1d6+2, 2d6+4, 3d6+6, 4d6+8, and 5d6+10. Whichever roll is the highest is your HP.

And from this example, don't waste your time rolling 1d6+2 or 2d6+4.
How do you want us to handle HP for equipment?
Old February 12th, 2019, 09:45 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ericth74
Whoa Dad_Scaper that's pretty awesome!
Aw, thanks.

You wouldn’t believe the overhead, for such a relatively small business. Fairweather takes care of his people, though. Christmas bonuses and all that.

= =

Last edited by Dad_Scaper; February 12th, 2019 at 10:00 PM.
Old February 12th, 2019, 10:36 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Sounds like a chill dude. I can dig it. And I'm not too proud to say I need a payday, know what I mean?

Let's rock this biznatch!

(Adam West Batman voice: I just hope he's not a ... fair weather fan!).

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old February 12th, 2019, 10:41 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

Oh, don't worry about Mr. Fairweather. He's seen a thing or two. If you look closely, you might recognize him as a man who's been in touch with some ghostly powers himself.

= =
Old February 12th, 2019, 10:41 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Man, so long as the money's flowin', I try not to look too close, know what I mean?

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old February 12th, 2019, 10:47 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

I like it! Not sure it works for that character I created a backstory for but that's fine, I can think of something for a guy who is looking for temp work. Started to realize that I should be trying to start earlier in the characters career/story instead of mid-career, which an inter-galactic bounty hunter would be. Not sure I'll have the points to spend on a bunch of high tech equipment. Better to start with not much and let quozl let me acquire cool new stuff along the way. I've got some time until my hard copy of the rules shows up so I'll think on it a bit more. I've always like Catpeople so maybe Tigra's brother. PETA shut down the circus I worked at and now I need a new line of work.
Old February 12th, 2019, 11:01 PM
Setting the Table for Super

Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Okay here is the direction I am going with.

My character, Granite used to be a Roadie for Bats character Johnny B. Here’s the background, stats/powers in a day or two.

Granite
Grant Davis
Unemployed former Roadie of Johnny B Jaeger

“Johnny? Johnny B, is that you? Wow man, it is you! How long has it been? Must be 15 years! Great to see you man. Johnny? Johnny?”

“You talking to me kid, no autographs today?”

“It’s me Grant...Grant? Your roadie for like 10 freaking years!”

“Hmm doesn’t ring a bell, hey do me a favor, get me another drink or beat it. You’re ruining my vibe, see that red head over there? I’m getting ready to make my move.”

“Wait, what? It’s me Grant! You know, Granite!”

“Granite...granite...hmmm...oh Granite the dude from Detroit? Sick drummer, thought he was dead?”

“No Granite from the road man, you know the guy who used to grab the girls for you, carry your crap, punch the crazy dudes. You know generally try to keep you outta trouble!”

“Oh yeah! Granite. Hey, what’s up man? You look like garbage. What have you been doing?”

“Well it’s a long story...”

“Never mind, I’ll pass.”

“Okay here’s the short version. Once the band split I went broke. I needed cash fast and a met a dude who was kinda shady but said he knew a guy, who knew a guy, who knew another doing under the table medical testing and was paying cash. And cash I needed. Everything was going great for a while, they’d stick me with something, I’d get paid and report back. Rinse and repeat. Then one day I show up and there is this new doc there talking about trying something stronger, the money was better so I say, why not. Turns out this stuff started making people crazy, but somehow, not me. I got stronger, but angrier, all this rage. I couldn’t keep down a job, kept beating on the bosses. Then one day I could start to control it. Not so angry all the time. Still had a short fuse but I wasn’t ready to kill a dude if they looked at me wrong.”

“Whoa dude. What did the doc say?”

“Funny that, the next time I went back, the place was gone. Not a trace. Couldn’t tell that anything was ever there.
So now I’m broke and talking to you. Any thoughts on getting the band back together? I could use a job.”

“Well my friend, you are in luck, because I just might know a guy. Hey Hilda, we gotta roll. So, you ever hear of FHI...”
Old February 12th, 2019, 11:03 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
I like it! Not sure it works for that character I created a backstory for but that's fine, I can think of something for a guy who is looking for temp work. Started to realize that I should be trying to start earlier in the characters career/story instead of mid-career, which an inter-galactic bounty hunter would be. Not sure I'll have the points to spend on a bunch of high tech equipment. Better to start with not much and let quozl let me acquire cool new stuff along the way. I've got some time until my hard copy of the rules shows up so I'll think on it a bit more. I've always like Catpeople so maybe Tigra's brother. PETA shut down the circus I worked at and now I need a new line of work.
Oh, I thought of your character. I should have been more explicit.

You see, a person who doesn't really *need* the money, but is a competent superhero without a major league connection already, might wish to sign up with FHI just for the opportunity to be pointed at some wrongs that need righting. Otherwise, how does he even know where to go to protect Earth? That's how I read your character.

Hence my little line about how "some of them are just trying to do the right thing, a little bit at a time." That was for you! As I see it, no need to change anything. But, of course, it's your character and do as you please.

= =
Old February 12th, 2019, 11:05 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

I love it, Eric. Looks like he'll fit in perfectly.

= =

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games