Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Battle Reports
Battle Reports Reports of your Heroscape Battles

Notices

Old May 27th, 2020, 03:14 PM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Army Naming

If you must know, the name changes but I think it's usually some variant of pain armies (because they are a pain to play) or "have fun playing this" armies or "what is this crap?" armies. It kinda fluctuates around. For this particular build I asked the other organizers to pick a unit for me and dok suggested Banshees. I knew Banshees worked well with Rae due to low defense, and I knew Brontos worked well with Raelin and was a can opener. So that left me with 60 points and I debated Zeta and Izumi but decided Izumi. It has more figures and makes it harder to play but mostly it was a "screw it I know this army has no range but everything is fast" army.

~Dysole, who had a lot of fun with the build
Old May 27th, 2020, 03:44 PM

Knight of Scape wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knight of Scape wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knight of Scape wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knight of Scape wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knight of Scape wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knight of Scape wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knight of Scape wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: 10 Points Under - Heroscape Casting Videos

The part that hurt me this game was seeing poor Raelin sitting by herself on the hill while Brontos and the Banshees and the Samurai all went and fought outside of her aura. Dysole really did a brilliant job of protecting Zetacron and using him to force superfrog to come to her (which meant her Raelin never even had to move!)

BTW, you guys were pondering why superfrog didn't bring in an Izumi with Brontos in the second round. I assume that the reason is that if he abducted an Izumi he couldn't attack Raelin (unlike with Carry, if you abduct a figure, you must attack them if possible).

~KoS, who lost to that Banshee/Brontos/Raelin army a few rounds later
Old May 27th, 2020, 05:27 PM
Usurper of Shenanigans (but only 10 points under)

BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysole View Post
If you must know, the name changes but I think it's usually some variant of pain armies (because they are a pain to play) or "have fun playing this" armies or "what is this crap?" armies. It kinda fluctuates around. For this particular build I asked the other organizers to pick a unit for me and dok suggested Banshees. I knew Banshees worked well with Rae due to low defense, and I knew Brontos worked well with Raelin and was a can opener. So that left me with 60 points and I debated Zeta and Izumi but decided Izumi. It has more figures and makes it harder to play but mostly it was a "screw it I know this army has no range but everything is fast" army.

~Dysole, who had a lot of fun with the build
Haha, these will now be technical jargon I use with army building. Especially "screw it I know this army has no range but everything is fast."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight of Scape View Post
BTW, you guys were pondering why superfrog didn't bring in an Izumi with Brontos in the second round. I assume that the reason is that if he abducted an Izumi he couldn't attack Raelin (unlike with Carry, if you abduct a figure, you must attack them if possible).
Gah, I knew I was missing something obvious! Thanks for pointing that out! Like I said, I'm liking Brontos, but his card is really busy and I'm not quite the expert on him yet.

Monthly Utah Tournaments in SLC!!
Maps | Customs | Battle Reports
10 Points Under Videos

"I'll save myself some time and say I pretty much 100% agree with Bigga" ~Flash_19
Old May 28th, 2020, 05:46 PM
13 Time OHS Champion

kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth

Are signups still closed for co-casters? I've been looking every week or so and the message that you've got plenty backlogged is still up.
Old May 28th, 2020, 06:52 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevindola View Post
Are signups still closed for co-casters? I've been looking every week or so and the message that you've got plenty backlogged is still up.
To hear the voice of KD....

Oo, that gave me chills

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old May 28th, 2020, 09:11 PM

BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
I've actually been wanting to PM you...

That first bout with signups worked way better than I expected, haha. It got me almost completely through the Reverse Draft season, so I was hitting up a couple people individually to finish it off and then was planning on doing another round of signups when I finish those. I'm hoping to finish the last couple of recordings next week, and then would do general signups again starting probably the week after that.

Good news is that with how many recordings I have built up to cast, there's still a good amount to work with and I'm planning to start doing occasional Saturday videos too (on week when I can make the time to edit another video, which should be soon as the current busy stage I've been going through is wrapping up).

10 Points Under Videos

"I'll save myself some time and say I pretty much 100% agree with Bigga" ~Flash_19
Old May 28th, 2020, 09:17 PM
13 Time OHS Champion

kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post
Quote:
To hear the voice of KD....

Oo, that gave me chills
Think Banshees of Durgeth
Old June 3rd, 2020, 09:48 AM

This next installment of the Reverse Draft Tournament is a really cool matchup between a couple of strong players: @vegietarian18 and @Chris Perkins ! vegietarian18 is playing an army of Death Knights, which aren't the strongest figures, while Chris's army has a lot of individually strong figures -- but he (Chris) is playing 190 points under! Which army ends up able to claw its way to victory? Joining in on this game is @TalesOfValhallaOfficial , stop-motion Heroscape video creator extraordinaire!

Also, for those interested, I wasn't super duper happy with the in-game explanations I was giving of the Reverse Draft process, so I made a video to help explain how that works (because it's a cool format), so hopefully a visual explanation helps you understand what's happening behind the scenes in these games. (And it's the draft for this vegie v CP game, so that's a cool plus.)

10 Points Under Videos

Old June 3rd, 2020, 02:04 PM

Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Thanks for the explanation video! The visual is helpful. Different formats are a bit of a barrier to me because of lack of experience. This makes me more apt to try it in the future.
Old June 3rd, 2020, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiftrex View Post
Thanks for the explanation video! The visual is helpful. Different formats are a bit of a barrier to me because of lack of experience. This makes me more apt to try it in the future.
I'm glad it was helpful! This is definitely one of those formats that's tough to grasp at first conceptually (I was pretty fuzzy on it until I saw it in action) but once you've got the hang of it it's got a lot of cool potential.

10 Points Under Videos

Old June 10th, 2020, 12:49 PM

We've made it to the semifinals of the Reverse Draft tournament! @Dysole and @kevindola played incredibly well in previous rounds to make it here, but only one will move on. And to win this game, they're going to have to play on a really intense map. Good thing that casting this game with me is none other than @Flash_19 , map-maker extraordinaire, back to offer his great insights to the game and the map as all the action unfolds!

Also, a PSA: sadly, my laptop is no longer of this world. Or at least the hard drive isn't. I'll need to replace it, and as it's the computer I record with, that might put a delay on finishing the videos for this season (right when I was getting things set up with the co-casters too!). I do have an extra video ready that I was going to post on a Saturday, so I'll probably end up posting that next Wednesday instead during the transition.

In the bad news bears department of this, losing the data on the hard drive means I've lost the videos that were on it. In the good news department, Google Drive is my friend, so I have the remaining games of the Reverse Draft still saved, along with a couple of games from the VCheese event. Back in bad news bears land, I literally mean a couple (BodaciousBlood v kevindola and Dysole v coachmuskie), so I lost about 4 more games from that event. I also lost the games from the live online event back in April and the Heat of Battle games I'd recorded so far. I had a lot ready to go, and was looking forward to starting to schedule a bunch of casting sessions again, which was also going to be when I started loading them all to Google Drive. It's definitely on me for not seeing this load of irony just begging to drop.

I'm really sorry for losing so many great games ready to go, and I'm definitely kicking myself for letting myself become so lax in backing up videos online. Hopefully this doesn't turn into too much of a setback in overall content, and I'm definitely planning on recording a bunch of games once I get a new computer (and constantly backing them up!) so I can get to scheduling casting sessions.

10 Points Under Videos

Old June 10th, 2020, 03:22 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Oh man, you lost video from those two games where I played badly and lost? Bummer.

Seriously though, sorry to hear that, it really is a bummer.

Thanks again for all your work on these videos. I thought this one was especially good.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Battle Reports