Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Misc Customs Project Forum
Misc Customs Project Forum A subforum for all project based customs that generate numerous threads related to the same project.

Notices

Old March 12th, 2020, 04:15 PM

JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread

Apologies life got a little busy. Still chewing over the first power however for his defense. Maybe some help with wording

Human Shield
When John Wick is attacked by a by a non-adjacent figurr and has at least one opposing figure adjacent to him, before rolling defenae dice roll the 20-sided die. Add one to the roll for each opposing figure adjacent to John Wick. Ifnyou roll a 15 or higher, choose one of the adjacent opposing figures and it takes the wounds instead. The chosen figure rolls defemse dice normally.
Old March 13th, 2020, 03:32 AM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

How about:

Human Shield
When John Wick is attacked by a by a non-adjacent figure and has at least one opposing figure adjacent to him, before rolling defense dice roll the 20-sided die. Add one to the roll for each opposing figure adjacent to John Wick. If you roll a 15 or higher, choose one of the adjacent opposing figures to be the target of the attack instead of John Wick. The chosen figure rolls defense dice normally.

The original wording has the target taking wounds before defense dice are rolled.

You might also want to limit it to small and medium adjacent figures, or change the name of the power.

Last edited by Taeblewalker; March 13th, 2020 at 07:07 AM.
Old March 15th, 2020, 05:09 PM
Empty Fist Shaking Power Codex Architect

Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC McMinis View Post
Human Shield
When John Wick is attacked by a by a non-adjacent figurr and has at least one opposing figure adjacent to him, before rolling defenae dice roll the 20-sided die. Add one to the roll for each opposing figure adjacent to John Wick. Ifnyou roll a 15 or higher, choose one of the adjacent opposing figures and it takes the wounds instead. The chosen figure rolls defemse dice normally.
HUMAN SHIELD
When defending against an attack from a non-adjacent figure, if John Wick is engaged, roll the 20-sided die. Add 1 to the roll for each opponent's figure adjacent to John Wick. If you roll a 14 or lower, John Wick rolls defense dice normally. If you roll a 15 or higher, change the target of the attack to any opponent's figure adjacent to John Wick. The newly targeted figure can't use special powers when rolling defense dice for this attack.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taeblewalker
You might also want to limit it to small and medium adjacent figures, or change the name of the power.
Good point,
but another note is the complexity noise.

I think we should have a simple attack and a complex defense
or a complex attack and a simple defense.

Since it is John fricken Wick, I think the word capital should be spent on the attack power.

In my example, Stealth Dodge would still be as effective if he were engaged, but it also nods to his sneaky stealthy stalking states of play - which aren't covered with Human Shield.

EXAMPLE POWER
When rolling defense dice against a normal attack, if John Wick rolls at least one shield, he may have a medium adjacent figure take any damage for the attack.

> He remains effective in a scrum afterall, and it saves wording. He may even be more nasty when there are others around him.
> But wouldn't this potentially be a counter attack, sure he is John Wick afterall.
> He has honor, so no small. Large and Huge can't be manipulated around.
> This version also cares about normal vs. special attacks.
> Removing the 20-sided also gives it a more fluidity , to which John Wick is in his movements.

My Customs: Classic, RPG, Supers, Fiction, Space Hulk
Let's take your vision to pristine together.
Old March 24th, 2020, 07:02 PM

Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Let's keep this alive,

Last edited by Confred; March 24th, 2020 at 09:41 PM.
Old March 24th, 2020, 08:09 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Is the V3 needed? That reads terrible with it in there.
It is used in the first power but not the second, that is weird.
Old March 24th, 2020, 08:21 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

I say leave v3 out of the power names.

Old March 24th, 2020, 09:38 PM

@Taeblewalker @Tornado oh sorry y'all That's not meant to be John Wick movie 3 version, it's a naming mechanism to keep my files sorted. Final version won't have that. Edit: Use the General line for that, duh.

Wording edits:
HUMAN SHIELD
When rolling defense dice against a normal attack, if John Wick rolls at least one shield, he may have any adjacent medium figure take all damage for the attack.

Query
Give hive TRIPLE ATTACK and up his points to become more of a one-man army?

Old March 24th, 2020, 09:51 PM

With the simplifying of Human Shield wording, there may be room for a more complex attack power also:

Old March 24th, 2020, 09:59 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

The way that is worded you cannot hardly attack him hand to hand with a normal attack because he can make you attack yourself, if you are medium.
That is almost auto-victory against many figures.
You may want to make that against non-adjacent attacks.
Old March 24th, 2020, 11:51 PM

Variant
HUMAN SHIELD
If John Wick is adjacent to a medium figure, you may roll the 20-sided die each time he is attacked. If you roll a 7 or higher, add the figure's Defense value to the number of defense dice John Wick rolls. All excess shields count as unblockable hits on the adjacent figure.

I like it; it's more brutal, more carnal, and more of a struggle. John Wick is a badass, but he fights for every advantage.

Old March 25th, 2020, 11:45 AM

JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Apologies. With the Covid 19 thing life has been a little crazy. I work at a food manufacturing facility. Now I have joined the layoff majority so hopefully we can get him don't. I like this latest Human shield variant. I also still like my original Boogeyman thing where he gets multiple attacks can and attack at anytime during his move and gets a bonus on figures he is moving though
Old March 25th, 2020, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC McMinis View Post
I also still like my original Boogeyman thing where he gets multiple attacks can and attack at anytime during his move and gets a bonus on figures he is moving though
I was thinking about this also. How about the ability to move through, but not Disengage. John Wick doesn't kite. He gets tangled and fights his way out.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Misc Customs Project Forum