Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Old June 29th, 2009, 11:21 AM
"Blame it on me" (was #3...)

Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: What Board Game Are You Currently Playing?

Well, thanks to Hamma, those videos really helped me get a good grasp. I'm still waiting to play again though.

Sweetcurse is Sujoah...

in the
Perth Keep...
Old June 29th, 2009, 04:48 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2007, 2009, & 2012

MattserTruckRally rolls all skulls baby! MattserTruckRally rolls all skulls baby! MattserTruckRally rolls all skulls baby! MattserTruckRally rolls all skulls baby! MattserTruckRally rolls all skulls baby! MattserTruckRally rolls all skulls baby!

Well my younger brother managed to snag a copy of Dominion: Intrigue for me at Origins.

First impressions compared to the base set: The interactions are bit more tricky this time around and not always so obvious like the base set. There is a bit more text in the cards so for players newer to the cards there will be a little bit of A.P. to begin with. I highly recommend it for any fans of the existing game.

Grenade lobbyist
Old June 29th, 2009, 04:50 PM
has been BANNED

Devil's Advocate knows what's in an order marker Devil's Advocate knows what's in an order marker Devil's Advocate knows what's in an order marker

Currently playing Glory to Rome, 1 of the Best games released in a long time
Old June 29th, 2009, 05:19 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

I play Colossal Arena and Titan: The Arena often.

Old June 29th, 2009, 05:29 PM

Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Why do you play both?
Old June 29th, 2009, 07:14 PM

royaldoy has disabled reputation

I just got back from Origins and picked up the new reprint of Tales of Arabian Nights, Ubongo, A Castle for All Seasons, Traders of Carthage, Agricola, Warrior Knights, Innsmouth Horror, Dominion: Intrigue as well as many other games.

I can't wait to play Arabian Nights. It's been about two years since I had a chance to play the older version and I loved that.

I was the most surprised by Traders of Carthage. It's a small box but plays like a big game and the game is gorgeous. This happened to be one of the last games i played at the convention and had to pick up a copy fro myself after playing it.

I choose you...Isamu!
Old June 30th, 2009, 07:00 AM

ewabbie knows what's in an order marker ewabbie knows what's in an order marker

Played Tomb Saturday. We played a varient where I created a deck of
Treasures: 13
Monsters: 21
Traps: 8
and used this to randomly seed the crypts.

Worked out very well. To make the game harder add more monsters and remove Treasures.

Can't wait for the Crypmaster expansion

Old June 30th, 2009, 12:52 PM
Doesn't need a special title anymore

Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Bunjee and I have been on vacation on the Pacific coast for the past four days, three of which were spent playing boardgames with some of our old gaming friends from Seattle. Bunjee kept a list of the games we've played so I'll leave it to her to post that info. Needless to say, three days of non-stop gaming (well, we did go for a few beach walks and a swim in the pool) have been great!

Regarding Race for the Galaxy: Even after learning the rules and iconography it's taken me a while to master some of the strategies. Once I started using the Explore +5 action to look for specific cards I felt like I finally had a handle on the game.
Old June 30th, 2009, 01:08 PM

SlikkRikk knows what's in an order marker SlikkRikk knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by royaldoy View Post
I just got back from Origins and picked up the new reprint of Tales of Arabian Nights
Looking forward to hear your review on this one.

My Recent Plays:
Old June 30th, 2009, 01:45 PM

Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlikkRikk View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by royaldoy View Post
I just got back from Origins and picked up the new reprint of Tales of Arabian Nights
Looking forward to hear your review on this one.

I am keeping my eye on this one as well.
Old July 1st, 2009, 06:22 PM
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Firemaster rolls all skulls baby! Firemaster rolls all skulls baby! Firemaster rolls all skulls baby! Firemaster rolls all skulls baby! Firemaster rolls all skulls baby! Firemaster rolls all skulls baby!

Just finished a really nice game of Settlers of Catan with my brother and my mom.

It was sitting at 9 points for me (and if it had come around again, I would have had what I needed to win the game), 6 points for my Mom, and 7 points for my brother. My brother traded an Ore to my mom, then she built a city, then built 2 roads to take the Longest road card from my brother, and finally she revealed the market card she had bought the previous turn to give her 10 points and just barely snatch the victory out from under my nose.

It is a very fun game.

Old July 1st, 2009, 08:45 PM
Assuming the Missionary Position

Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firemaster View Post
Just finished a really nice game of Settlers of Catan with my brother and my mom.

It was sitting at 9 points for me (and if it had come around again, I would have had what I needed to win the game), 6 points for my Mom, and 7 points for my brother. My brother traded an Ore to my mom, then she built a city, then built 2 roads to take the Longest road card from my brother, and finally she revealed the market card she had bought the previous turn to give her 10 points and just barely snatch the victory out from under my nose.

It is a very fun game.
That is the WORST if you're not the victor. You are doing so well, then the person with the least amount of points swings in there and snatches the victory in one simple round. Fun stuff though.

Drumline3469 is Doc Brown...
aboard <<<Oblivion>>> ...

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games