Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Old March 4th, 2019, 01:31 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: Public Design Workshop

Notably only DCU Ares also takes over the underworld from Hades.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old March 4th, 2019, 06:56 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Some Brutality/Overkill ideas;

Quote:
PRESS THE ADVANTAGE - Soundwarp style
At the end of your player turn, if figures you control inflicted X or more Wounds this player turn, all figures you control add 1 to their attack for the rest of the round.
Quote:
PRESS THE ADVANGTAGE - Nobody style
Whenever Ares destroys a figure/Unique Hero, if he inflicted more wounds than were required to destroy that figure, you may place those wound markers in the Blood Pool next to this card. Before rolling for initiative, you may remove any number of wound markers from the Blood Pool. Add 1 to your initiative for each wound marker removed.
Quote:
INTIMIDATING OVERKILL
Whenever Ares destroy an adjacent Unique Hero, if he inflicted X or more wounds than were needed to destroy that figure, all figures engaged with Ares subtract 1 from their attack and defense for the rest of the round.
Quote:
BRUTAL FINISHER
At the end of your player turn, if figures you control inflicted X or more Wounds this player turn, you may immediately attack with Ares.
Old March 4th, 2019, 07:00 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

I like the idea of making overkill relevant, but I'm not certain I like the current implementations of that.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old March 4th, 2019, 07:01 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
I like the idea of making overkill relevant, but I'm not certain I like the current implementations of that.
Do you have ideas for other ways to implement it?
Old March 4th, 2019, 07:05 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Haven't exactly been thinking about this, but I'll give it some thought!
I know I've had this design sketched out for a while to eventually design a personal, mythological version of Ares - maybe there's something you can pull from there?
NOTE: I'm not proposing this as a C3G design - this is a personal design I intend to complete personally at some stage and wouldn't fit in the intended C3G canon anyway, I'm just posting it in case anyone finds it interesting and/or takes something as inspiration.

Ares

Olympian
Unique Hero
Warmonger
Merciless
Medium

8 Life
Move 6
Range 1
Attack 8
Defence 6

God of War

All other figures on the battlefield add one to their attack.

Delight in Slaughter

Once per round, after taking a turn with any other Army Card, if you destroyed at least three common or squad figures or at least one Unique or Event Hero this turn, you may take an immediate turn with Ares. You may not take any additional turns with other figures you control.

Bloodbath 18

After taking a turn with Ares, you may roll the D20, adding 1 if he destroyed an opponent’s figure this turn, adding an additional 2 if that figure was a Unique or Event Hero, and adding an additional 1 to your roll for each wound inflicted in excess of what was required to destroy the figure. On a roll of 18+, you may take an additional turn with Ares.

Olympian Fortitude

Whenever Ares would be destroyed or receives enough wounds to be destroyed in any way except by this special power, he instead receives two wounds.

Superstrength

380? Points

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old March 4th, 2019, 07:08 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Delight in Slaughter is fun.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old March 4th, 2019, 07:14 PM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth

I've been putting off reading this thread because so much was happening so fast that I could not keep up and frankly, I am not a fan of cards based on "that one time that this one character did this one thing that they are not normally known for, but I liked." So I avoided the Talia convo. But I do feel the need to interject with the Ares convo. I would hard argue that comics versions of Mythological characters are different. Cases in point:
Hercules/Heracles - In Marvel, Hercules is a long standing Hero and a longtime member of the world's pre-eminent super team the Avengers. While known as a party animal that occasionally goes overboard, he is generally seen as a good, fun-loving guy. On the flip side, Heracles (or Hercules as he is called sometimes) in DC is a complete skeez. One of his main story points is that he savagely "took" Hypolyta's maidenhood. He is the hero of legend, but he doesn't really live up to the legend.

Zeus/Zeus - While Zeus is only occasionally referenced in Marvel, he is known because of being Ares and Hercules father (as well as other God's). Contrary to Greek and Roman mythology, he is very hands off with humanity. Conversely, DC's Zeus is a sometimes Hero, sometimes Villain. Because Hera is the protector of the Amazons, he is often set in opposition to her (just like in Greek Mythology where they often are diametrically opposed). He is also occasionally the father of Diana (Wonder Woman) and/or Donna and Cassie (the Wonder Girls). So, Much more active.

Thor - I mean this one speaks for itself. Thor is a major Marvel character and yet cannot be licensed. Yet DC doesn't really have a version of him. And even when he does make the rare appearance, they usually can't settle on a look for him.

Lastly, Ares/Ares - So, for DC he has been known as Mars. Also, he overthrew his uncle, Hades, and became the Lord of the Realm of the Dead as well. Not to mention that he is definitively Greek looking without the helmet and has (to my knowledge) never appeared as a Hero, only a Villain. Compare that to Marvel's more generalized Soldier look that has short hair and almost compares more closely with the Spaniard Gladiator that Russell Crowe played in Gladiator (not to mention he has a a fair-haired son, Phobos). Couple that with his desire to present himself as a Hero when he can temper his blood-lust and I strongly disagree that they are the same character.

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

RIP George Perez

Last edited by Spidey'tilIDie; March 6th, 2019 at 05:17 PM.
Old March 4th, 2019, 07:23 PM
Just A Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
Haven't exactly been thinking about this, but I'll give it some thought!
I know I've had this design sketched out for a while to eventually design a personal, mythological version of Ares - maybe there's something you can pull from there?
NOTE: I'm not proposing this as a C3G design - this is a personal design I intend to complete personally at some stage and wouldn't fit in the intended C3G canon anyway, I'm just posting it in case anyone finds it interesting and/or takes something as inspiration.
I'm with Bats, I also like Delight In Slaughter. Could it be possible to adapt it to work with Iron Patriot somehow?
Old March 4th, 2019, 07:39 PM
C3G Super League MVP

Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

@MrNobody , as Ronin mentioned, I do have a write-up for Ares, that I maybe looking at running soon-ish.

Here's what I have, I went pretty straight forward bruiser.
Quote:
NAME = ARES

SPECIES = OLYMPIAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = CHAMPION
PERSONALITY = AGGRESSIVE
SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDUIM 5?

LIFE = 7
MOVE = 6
RANGE = 5
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 6
POINTS = 340?

GOD OF WAR

When Ares attacks an adjacent figure, add 3 to his attack. When Ares destroys a figure that is not a Unique or Event Hero, he may attack again. When Ares destroys a Unique or Event Hero, he may take an additional turn.

OLYMPIAN FORTITUDE
Whenever Ares would be destroyed, he instead receives two wounds.

SUPER STRENGTH

C3G: Books & Online Figure Request
---------------------------------------
Family: Classic Customs & Maps
--------------------------------
My SuperScape Maps
Old March 4th, 2019, 08:09 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Strong argument Spidey.
Old March 4th, 2019, 08:49 PM
Just A Head

@Zettian Juggernaut if you have plans for him I'll step back. He's not really at the top of my list unless there's a push for Dark Avengers stuff.

I'm not sure I dig Champion as a class. Warrior or Warlord seems like a better fit to me.

There's already a power called God Of War on DC Ares' card. I was kind of invested in the idea of reusing that power with different mechanics, but that was admittedly more of a "wouldn't it be cool if..." idea, not an idea that was particularly solid in execution.

Whatever happens I do think it would be nice to see him playing well with the currently existing Dark Avengers (Norman, Noh-Varr, maybe Ronin's Ms. Marvel draft) or having something that starts up a nice thematic link for that faction.
Old March 4th, 2019, 10:18 PM
Doesn't Drink the Kool-Aid (Eats the Catsup)

ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby! ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby! ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby! ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby! ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey'tilIDie View Post
I've been putting off reading this thread because so much was happening so fast that I could not keep up and frankly, I am not a fan of cards based on "that one time that this one character did this one thing that they are not normally known for, but I liked." So I avoided the Talia convo. But I do feel the need to interject with the Ares Convo. I would hard argue that comics versions of Mythological characters are different. Cases in point:
Hercules/Heracles - In Marvel, Hercules is a long standing Hero and a longtime member of the world's pre-eminent super team the Avengers. While known as a party animal that occasionally goes overboard, he is generally seen as a good, fun-loving guy. On the flip side, Heracles (or Hercules as he is called soemtimes) in DC is a complete skeez. One of his main story points is that he savagely "took" Hypolyta's maidenhood. He is the hero of legend, but he doesn't really live up to the legend.

Zeus/Zeus - While Zeus is only occassionaly referenced in Marvel, he is known because of being Ares and Hercules father (as well as other God's). Contrary to Greek and Roman mythology, he is very handsoff with humanity. Conversely, DC's Zeus is a sometimes Hero, sometimes Villain. Because Hera is the protector of the Amazons, he is often set in opposition to her (just like in Greek Mythology where they often are diametrically opposed). He is also occassionally the father of Diana (Wonder Woman) and/or Donna and Cassie (the WonderGirls). So, Much more active.

Thor - I mean this one speaks for itself. Thor is a major Marvel character and yet cannot be licensed. Yet DC doesn't really have a version of him. And even when he does make the rare appearance, they usually can't settle on a look for him.

Lastly, Ares/Ares - So, for DC he has been known as Mars. Also, he overthrew his uncle, Hades, and became the Lord of the Realm of the Dead as well. Not to mention that he is definitively Greek looking without the helmet and has (to my knowledge) never appeared as a Hero, only a Villain. Compare that to Marvel's more generalized Soldier look that has short hair and almost compares more closely with the Spaniard Gladiator that Russell Crowe played in Gladiator (not to mention he has a a fair-haired son, Phobos). Couple that with his desire to present himself as a Hero when he can temper his bloodlust and I strongly disagree that they are the same character.

He was kind of a good guy in Azarrelo's Wonder Woman run, after a fashion as I recall, and tried (emphasis on tried) to be a hero lately- but otherwise you are correct

What's up with claymation?

Personal workshop: https://www.heroscapers.com/communit...3&postcount=76

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy