Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Closed Thread

Old December 23rd, 2009, 10:52 PM
pretty princess pony precious power!

J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Ask the Design Team thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Minivann View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by J4Jandar View Post
Quote:
I do my best to forget about pirates.
I would love to see pirates now that I think of it. So much a part of history as colonial troops, WW 2, and Samurai. You can pair them with skeletons too. Pirate skeletons.
This is one of those times I'm grateful for lawyers. ^2
I just have the need for yo ho-ing in heroscape. Yo-ho, Yo-ho, it's the battle of all time for me.

Please Santa, I've been good all year.
Old December 23rd, 2009, 10:55 PM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Q. The D&D Master Set figures were chosen by WotC. Were you given any choice in what figures would comprise Waves 11 and 12? Or in other words, are we going to get some figures that are D&D regulars that the Heroscape community has wanted for a long time?

Minotaurs, skeletons, etc.
The wave 11 and 12 include figures from a list that WOTC and we worked on together. Colby scoured the D&D line for figures he felt were good for use in Heroscape. The waves include many of my personal favorite D&D minis figures. I didn't have to contribute much because the choices were all good. They chose good figures.

“Heroscapers is too old for that crap.”
~IamBatman

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell
Old December 23rd, 2009, 10:58 PM
Caster of Crying

Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grungebob View Post
Quote:
Q. The D&D Master Set figures were chosen by WotC. Were you given any choice in what figures would comprise Waves 11 and 12? Or in other words, are we going to get some figures that are D&D regulars that the Heroscape community has wanted for a long time?

The wave 11 and 12 include figures from a list that WOTC and we worked on together. Colby scoured the D&D line for figures he felt were good for use in Heroscape. The waves include many of my personal favorite D&D minis figures. I didn't have to contribute much because the choices were all good. They chose good figures.
How would you say they stack up compared to the MS3 figs? About the same, better/worse?
Old December 23rd, 2009, 11:00 PM

tannergx rolls all skulls baby! tannergx rolls all skulls baby! tannergx rolls all skulls baby! tannergx rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
We had freedom, but at the same time, each unit is checked by WOTC. There were times when they wanted us to re-do some of the units because our interpretation was not in line with how the units behave in D&D. In all cases, these challenges lead to better units. We really wanted to hit the nail on these and show what the Heroscape engine can do. By the same token, we were also allowed the creative freedom to re-interpret D&D units that we felt were not good Heroscape units, so that they would work better in our game system.
Thanks Grungebob. Really appreciate the insight into the relationship with WOTC. D&D is their baby, so it makes sense that they would weigh in. But I'm happy to hear they didn't have you on really short leashes.

You guys did a really good job making the Granite Guardians and Quasatch Hunters interesting units. As repaints, I was initially less than enthused. And the same goes for MS3... it feels fresh. I upped my pre-order to 5 sets after the preview.

Looking forward to see what you came up with in Waves 11 & 12.
Old December 23rd, 2009, 11:02 PM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!

Quote:
Quote:

Awesome! Thanks!
Old December 23rd, 2009, 11:20 PM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitestuff View Post
I'm excited about this release. It looks like fun.

Q. When you read some of ridiculous comments from people with an over-developed sense of entitlement about something that you've worked so hard to achieve, does it anger you?
Not as long as it is in the spirit of friendly discourse. If it is just some blowhard spouting stuff just to jerk their ego off, I'm not havin' it.

~IamBatman

~Clancampbell
Old December 23rd, 2009, 11:38 PM
no baby bump - false alarm!

spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun

Then for what its worth, I just proxied everything for the first time, and the team did a hell of a job on this set. The new stuff is great. Even Erevan, who is getting a bad reputation before he has even been released, is a great drow-killing design.

Seriously, good work all around. You've got me really psyched for the next wave.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grungebob
If it is just some blowhard spouting stuff just to jerk their ego off
Why'd you look at me when you said that??
Old December 23rd, 2009, 11:41 PM
Mighty Mouse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiteofthedice View Post
Then for what its worth, I just proxied everything for the first time, and the team did a hell of a job on this set. The new stuff is great. Even Erevan, who is getting a bad reputation before he has even been released, is a great drow-killing design.

Seriously, good work all around. You've got me really psyched for the next wave.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grungebob
If it is just some blowhard spouting stuff just to jerk their ego off
Why'd you look at me when you said that??
I've never been disappointed in Erevan.

~IamBatman

~Clancampbell
Old December 23rd, 2009, 11:42 PM
no baby bump - false alarm!

spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun

Well, he's 1 for 1 by me, so it's looking good.

Thanks for the great work, Team.
Old December 24th, 2009, 02:34 AM

Thorgrim has disabled reputation

What method is used when the design team point values a character? Do you have a mathematical equation to figure out a figures worth by their stats, or is it a field test to see how much of such and such they can kill?
Old December 24th, 2009, 03:56 AM

someguy has disabled reputation

Q. Will we see character bios for the MS3 figures?

(And Waves 9 and 10?)

Please?
Old December 24th, 2009, 08:39 AM
Is The Skullmaster

Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorgrim View Post
What method is used when the design team point values a character? Do you have a mathematical equation to figure out a figures worth by their stats, or is it a field test to see how much of such and such they can kill?
I think this is the most we will ever know about that.
HSCODEX #11 Read the article that begins on page 32.
Closed Thread

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion