Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions > 3D Printing
3D Printing A Forum to discuss 3D Printing

Old April 26th, 2017, 12:34 PM
Heroscapers Project Extraordinaire

White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death!
Re: Index of 3D Printed Stl Files

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForAiur View Post
What is CREO? If I can take away some of the work that I load on your shoulders because of my beggin I will do
CREO is the new name for ProEngineering 3D modelling program. There should be a free download for educational purposes (good enough to make .stl files), but it can't import files I made on CREO professional. Also, it has a pretty steep learning curve.

I could also have just stretched the parts in Blender. Blender is not as precise, but it's free and pretty easy to use.
Old April 26th, 2017, 02:28 PM

ForAiur is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

BLENDER! EASY!?!?!?! Haha, I taught myself WEEKS to use blender to do stuff for Tabletop Simulator, but after 1 year I know NOTHING! (You could say I'm the John Snow of Blender now).
Old April 26th, 2017, 04:14 PM

MementoMori rolls all skulls baby! MementoMori rolls all skulls baby! MementoMori rolls all skulls baby! MementoMori rolls all skulls baby!

Blender has a steep learning curve, but once you start getting a grip there's no limit to what can be done.
Old April 26th, 2017, 04:36 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForAiur View Post
I won't invest because even the 400 dollar Micro sucked at 3d printing so a machine that cheap really can't be precise / good. I learned from the Micro that fancy animated photos don't speak the truth. But I wish that you prove me wrong
I went in on a Micro also.
I haven't used my Micro in forever. It wasn't too bad for printing simple items but the more complex the item got the more problems I had with it. The biggest problems I had with it was the software that came with it didn't allow for precision scaling. You could grow or shrink the files before printing but it was random as to the scale. I was expecting a system where I could input the dimensions I wanted so I could print things in the proper scale for my miniature games. Printing something off just to find out it was too big or too small and then printing it again grew frustrating as it wasted too much plastic. I'm sure I'll return to using it again at some point, I just get easily distracted by other things.
Old April 26th, 2017, 05:02 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Good to know YK. I have actually never used mine but after reading reviews of it, I was not in a hurry to try it out.

Did you try printing Heroscape tiles with the Micro?

Maybe we could team up to figure out the proper scaling.
Old April 27th, 2017, 03:04 AM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

No, all the HS tile files were made available to me long after I had set it aside while cleaning up and I have not pulled it back out again since. I actually have not tried any of the files out in the index yet. I just pulled a bunch of files off thingverse and a few other sites.
Old April 27th, 2017, 08:25 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

I was able to snag a random early bird that came available on that new printer to get 50 bucks knocked off. I ended up getting the laser etcher and the cnc module too. That laser engraver is going to make some sweet custom dice.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old April 27th, 2017, 08:35 AM

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Could you link that TREX? Thanks.
Old April 27th, 2017, 10:45 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Quote:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...er/description

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old April 27th, 2017, 01:24 PM

Thanks! 20 hours to go. Drats, not much time to make a decision there.
I suppose I should not buy another 3D printer I will never use.
Old April 27th, 2017, 04:02 PM
Saving the world - one lonely Marro at a time

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
Quote:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...er/description
This looks so cool. I wonder if my wife would kill me outright or just maim me if I pledged.

My Customs HoSS HoSS Sortable Index
Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Tourney Record: 2-11 I4031
Old April 27th, 2017, 04:20 PM

Trying to convince my friend to go in again but he is gun shy from the M3D.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions > 3D Printing