Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion
Competitive Armies Discussion Discuss, critique, and build ideas for tournament-caliber armies.

Old May 12th, 2008, 04:48 PM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Ulginesh - what's your army idea?

WooHoo! Ulgy at last!

Now that Truth has even more anticipatory juices pumping with his blog post revealing(confirming) Ulginesh's card ( http://www.heroscapers.com/community/blog.php?b=267 ) I'm eager to see everyone's ideas for 400-600 point armies involving him. I'll go first with a 500 point army:

Ulginesh 150
Morsbane 100
Arkmer 50
Kyntela Gwyn 20
Raelin SotM 120
Izumi Samurai 60

Arkmer and Morsbane using a single turn marker while defended by KG feels very solid vs. Uniques. The Izumi are great at running interference against commons and Raelin both boosts and mows down hordish units.

So what Ugly Ulgy thoughts have been percolating through YOUR mind?

~Aldin, finally

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old May 12th, 2008, 04:53 PM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth
Re: Ulginesh - what's your army idea?

Ulginesh 150
Arkmer 50
Jorhdawn 100
Kyntela Gwyn 20
Chardris ???
& Emirroon ???

total: 500ish

A must read for all 'Scapers!
Old May 12th, 2008, 04:59 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by R˙chean View Post
Ulginesh 150
Arkmer 50
Jorhdawn 100
Kyntela Gwyn 20
Chardris ???
& Emirroon ???

I hope it's not that simple. I do not want Wizards building armies for us.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old May 12th, 2008, 05:01 PM

Hero Hot Hatch knows what's in an order marker Hero Hot Hatch knows what's in an order marker

I'll wait for the other two elves to be revealed officially to post my complete Ulgy army.

So far I would prioritize having this 300 point base elf wizard army:
Ulgy 150
Arkmer 50
Jorhdawn 100

I don't care about choosing my army based on strategy. I choose an army based on coolness and personal appeal... even if it means that my units will die trying. Hail to the glory of HeroScape and bravery.
Old May 12th, 2008, 05:06 PM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroBlade View Post
Quote:
Ulginesh 150
Arkmer 50
Jorhdawn 100
Kyntela Gwyn 20
Chardris ???
& Emirroon ???

I don't see it as a bad thing. I doubt the points come up to an even 500. However, it is clear to me that this is the way the elves are going to be: interdependent. So if that is going to disappoint you, then you best prepare yourself to be disappointed.

A must read for all 'Scapers!
Old May 12th, 2008, 05:18 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Ulginesh 150
Arkmer 50
Jorhdawn 100
Kyntela Gwyn 20
Chardris ???
& Emirroon ???

I don't see it as a bad thing. I doubt the points come up to an even 500. However, it is clear to me that this is the way the elves are going to be: interdependent. So if that is going to disappoint you, then you best prepare yourself to be disappointed.
If they just build this one army for us, that might be OK. But the whole point of this game is to mix and match and come up with your own armies. It's no fun to just be handed an army without the vast options for customization. This conversation is going on in another thread, though, so I won't continue to post about it here.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old May 12th, 2008, 05:28 PM
Taking Suggestions...

Ty the Awasome rolls all skulls baby! Ty the Awasome rolls all skulls baby! Ty the Awasome rolls all skulls baby! Ty the Awasome rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Ulginesh 150
Arkmer 50
Jorhdawn 100
Kyntela Gwyn 20
Chardris ???
& Emirroon ???

If they just build this one army for us, that might be OK. But the whole point of this game is to mix and match and come up with your own armies. It's no fun to just be handed an army without the vast options for customization. This conversation is going on in another thread, though, so I won't continue to post about it here.
I agree. The best part about Heroscape is the fact that you can put dragons, robots, and vikings together and still win. I don't want to see everyone using a bunch of armies that Wizards makes just because they're the only competative armies.

Ty the Awasome is the S.A.S. Commando, Maj. Thompson
...in the LIBRARY...
Old May 12th, 2008, 05:46 PM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

*sheesh*

Anyone but me think we've seen enough wizards already to put together at least a few sweet Ulginesh armies?

~Aldin, loving that he's a fast ranged flier who can be counted upon to gain height

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham

Last edited by Aldin; May 12th, 2008 at 06:10 PM.
Old May 12th, 2008, 05:53 PM

Kaemon Awasome rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awasome rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awasome rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awasome rolls all skulls baby!

Ugly - 150
Jhordawn - 100
Morsbane - 100
Arkmer - 50
WoA x2 - 100

Pretty obvious, however, it will be the managing of this army that is the true test of skill. It is very mobile but it has to be. Precise order marker management and foresight will be absolutely necessary.

The early moves will be with the Wizards. Who you move will depend on what you're up against. Keep the WoA behind but close enough to engage in battle when necessary.
Old July 6th, 2009, 04:03 PM

gwydion9 Woo who?

I played an all elf-wizard army last night against an army of blade gruts, grimnak, tornak, and 10th regiment of foot. I had:

Ulginesh
Emiroon
Kyntela Gwyn
Arkmer
Chardris
Johrdawn
Otonashi

I seriously expected to get steamrolled, but they *dominated*. Emirroon and Ulginesh are key. I was able to use teleportation and mind link to deploy the entire army extremely quickly. When the orcs tried to close, Emirroon teleported away anyone who was engaged. I would send him across water or up slopes first and then have him teleport the rest of the army after him. He saved so many of the elves that he easily earned his point value. My opponent simply could not catch us, and even his 10th regiment couldn't move fast enough to box us in. I only lost because I settled on a defense glyph and was reluctant to leave it, which allowed him to close with me. His gruts then quickly swarmed me and cut the elves to ribbons.

The smaller the board, and the more LOS blocking features there are, the worse this army will do, I think. It's very much a snipe-from-range, hit-and-run creature.

Ulginesh's ability to essentially double your order marker value is very, very powerful. And he's an excellent unit in and of himself, his high move, flight, and long range make him almost impossible to catch. He was the last figure I was left with on the board.

I can't wait to try Kaemon's variant, adding in some warriors of ashra to give them more of a front line. But I probably won't drop emiroon...maybe Otonashi and Chardris.
Old July 6th, 2009, 04:33 PM

falls78 is surprisingly tart

the WoA work with this army beautifully but you MUST have emiroon. this allows you to place the WoA without ever putting a marker on them.

At 600 i like

Ulginesh
Emiroon
Arkmer
Chardris
Johrdawn
WoA
Raelin 1.0

with WoA and raelin you really add to the survivability of this army. 2 extra defense boosting all that life is amazing
Old July 6th, 2009, 08:45 PM

roostertail9000 is surprisingly tart

Resurecting this thread isn't needed.

Boise ID Scaper

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion