Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Notices

Old January 30th, 2020, 09:42 PM

Guillermo-Tell Woo who?
[Idea] MTG Creature Forge Overwhelming Swarm custom units?

Hi guys,
as you probably know, Arena of the Planeswalkers was the supposed to be the successor of Herosape. I was thinking about extending the unit count by adding the MTG Creature Forge Overwelming Swarm figures (28 in total).
If you don't know what I'm talking about, it was a mini collection released by WizKids based on the most remarkable tokens in MTG's history.
The minis' size is just perfect.
Has anyone thought about it yet? (for either game, doesn't matter)
Also, in a far future it would be possible to replicate WK's technique of 3D scanning with them, making the models widely available.
What do you think?
Thanks for your attention.

Just playing around...
Old January 30th, 2020, 09:59 PM

Skyver knows what's in an order marker Skyver knows what's in an order marker
Re: [Idea] MTG Creature Forge Overwhelming Swarm custom unit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guillermo-Tell View Post
Hi guys,
as you probably know, Arena of the Planeswalkers was the supposed to be the successor of Herosape. I was thinking about extending the unit count by adding the MTG Creature Forge Overwelming Swarm figures (28 in total).
If you don't know what I'm talking about, it was a mini collection released by WizKids based on the most remarkable tokens in MTG's history.
The minis' size is just perfect.
Has anyone thought about it yet? (for either game, doesn't matter)
Also, in a far future it would be possible to replicate WK's technique of 3D scanning with them, making the models widely available.
What do you think?
Thanks for your attention.
I've though about the same thing before, but the main problem is that AotP just doesn't get that much interest anymore, in part due to a lack of content and support by Wizards. Also, the MTG creature forge minis are sort of pricey, especially if you are considering using them as squads.

There are a slew of new minis under the "Guide to Ravnica" D&D collection that are both cheap and correctly sized for AotP or Heroscape. I attempted to convert a few of the Planeswalkers and figures (Azorius and Izzet) into units, but the playerbase for AotP at the moment is just too small to garner any significant interest. If you're interested in those, you can check them out in the AotP customs section of the Forums.

If you do end up making any unit cards, let me know! But I would recommend repurposing the miniatures for Heroscape rather than AotP if you want to reach a larger playerbase. It's up to you whether to maintain the original flavor or convert to the Heroscape mythos.

Last edited by Skyver; January 30th, 2020 at 10:16 PM.
Old February 1st, 2020, 08:53 AM

Guillermo-Tell Woo who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyver View Post
I've though about the same thing before, but the main problem is that AotP just doesn't get that much interest anymore, in part due to a lack of content and support by Wizards. Also, the MTG creature forge minis are sort of pricey, especially if you are considering using them as squads.

There are a slew of new minis under the "Guide to Ravnica" D&D collection that are both cheap and correctly sized for AotP or Heroscape. I attempted to convert a few of the Planeswalkers and figures (Azorius and Izzet) into units, but the playerbase for AotP at the moment is just too small to garner any significant interest. If you're interested in those, you can check them out in the AotP customs section of the Forums.

If you do end up making any unit cards, let me know! But I would recommend repurposing the miniatures for Heroscape rather than AotP if you want to reach a larger playerbase. It's up to you whether to maintain the original flavor or convert to the Heroscape mythos.
Hi,
I completely agree with you. I didn't know about the Guide to Ravnica minis but the designs look much more interesting. However, those are way more difficult to get outside the USA, especially the Niv-Mizzet figure, but I don't think it really fits Heroscape.

About the cards, I don't have the AotP yet, if I can find a good offer I'll go for it. My main idea was for Heroscape, but I've never tried making custom cards, I'll check the forum for inspiration.
Thank you.

Just playing around...
Old February 24th, 2022, 01:16 PM

HeroscapeMaster is surprisingly tart

Your right, the figures in creature forge aren't quite to scale but they are awesome for squads! I've bought a few boxes of Creature Forge and bought some of the others individually to creature squads of 2, 3, and 4 with them. Also, the Magic deep cut miniatures are amazing for expanding AOTP! I'd also like to mention, I've been able to adapt some of the Magic the Gathering rules into AOTP, like mana pools for instance. Yes, I have custom AOTP heros with abilities much like their cards with some changes obviously. I have a total of 16 Planeswalkers now, well balanced and play tested. Don't miss the train man!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards