Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Contests and Forum Games
Contests and Forum Games Create, Participate, or Vote in a contest or Forum game here

Notices

View Poll Results: Vote for the map(s) that you think are the best
King in the North 14 46.67%
Slalom 8 26.67%
Preservation 11 36.67%
Odin Wept 10 33.33%
Nomanisan 12 40.00%
The Way is Wrong 6 20.00%
Contrast 5 16.67%
Phalanx 7 23.33%
Nightblood 18 60.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Old May 16th, 2022, 10:13 AM
was heroscaper2010. Now Beep, Beep, I'm a Sheep

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!
Re: Final Bracket ScapeCon ll Map Contest

Congratulations to both of you!
Old May 16th, 2022, 12:32 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Great stuff! 30 voters too...that's quite the turnout.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old May 16th, 2022, 02:31 PM

AndreThaGiant wears ripped pants of awesomeness AndreThaGiant wears ripped pants of awesomeness AndreThaGiant wears ripped pants of awesomeness AndreThaGiant wears ripped pants of awesomeness AndreThaGiant wears ripped pants of awesomeness AndreThaGiant wears ripped pants of awesomeness

A huge thanks to everyone involved in putting these contests together, and congrats to Flash on 1st place!!

I do want to express concern about the map reviews in these threads. Feedback is of course a necessary element of map-making, but I think it might be more productive to see map reviews post-contest. A review (whether good or bad) from a prominent member of the community carries a lot of weight and has an effect on a map's subsequent/potential votes. I think it could be beneficial to keep the voting candid and uninfluenced, at least until the end of the polling.

Once again- thank you to the hosts, and well done to all the participants!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Typhon2222

We're living in the golden age of 'Scape cartography.
Indeed we are.
Old May 16th, 2022, 03:26 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreThaGiant View Post
I do want to express concern about the map reviews in these threads. Feedback is of course a necessary element of map-making, but I think it might be more productive to see map reviews post-contest. A review (whether good or bad) from a prominent member of the community carries a lot of weight and has an effect on a map's subsequent/potential votes. I think it could be beneficial to keep the voting candid and uninfluenced, at least until the end of the polling.
I see where you're coming from on this. However, there are a few reasons why I won't be enforcing this in the future:

1. Feedback has traditionally been allowed (dating back to the GenCon map contests).

2. It would be almost impossible to police comments in public spaces such as here, Discord, and Facebook. I'm also not interested in policing comments.

3. There is a lot of feedback given pre-contest as well. If I was policing comments during the voting, I'd also really need to police pre-submission feedback. Again, this would be impossible to do.

4. If I was going that far, and if everyone would play by the rules, and if no one would share their maps or solicit feedback from others before submitting, then I'd have people send in their maps anonymously. This would be far more work on IS' end, and I just don't see it as necessary.

5. Most importantly, I think it's good for people to share thoughts. It creates more engagement, it increases overall map IQ, and it gives designers some pointers. This could happen after the contest, sure, but I'm not willing to restrict free discourse in this way.
Old May 16th, 2022, 04:45 PM

Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

On the notion of feedback, I definitely think it's important to have it before/during as well as after the contest.

I know I'd have been way less likely to submit a map without having access to feedback before the contest (and it's not like I came close to winning or anything either, lol).

Also, at least for me, these contests are way more about:
1) Getting new, good maps for ScapeCon & other competitions
2) Expanding the number of total map makers via targeting the ScapeCon audience

Now that may not be true for everyone who entered, I have no idea. But it is true for me at least, so I thought I'd share that.

Also, at least for me, I'm way more likely to make changes based on feedback before the contest rather than after, both because it gives me a definitive deadline and a reason to prioritize making those changes. So feedback during that time interval is just way more useful for me.

All of this is coming from someone who's relatively new at making maps though, for what that's worth.
Old May 16th, 2022, 08:56 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2019 & The Doom of Man

infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Congratulation to @Flash_19 and @AndreThaGiant I'll be in contact about the prizes.

Thank you to all who participated. So many amazing maps to try!
Old May 17th, 2022, 12:59 PM

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Reminder on when ScapeCon Map pool will be announced?

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old May 17th, 2022, 01:10 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Grats Flash.
So many great maps.

I believe there will be a C3G map making contest pretty soon if anyone is interested in delving into that.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old June 26th, 2022, 08:49 AM
That's right! He can be taught!

Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby! Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby! Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby! Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby! Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby!

Wait a second. I'm about 4 years behind the rest of y'all. Do people still actively play scape? Like tournaments and such?

In progress fan fic; Kaia Vendetta

Slink's story can be found here.
Old June 26th, 2022, 05:19 PM
now with morh frostrating pun-ishment

Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elven Lord View Post
Wait a second. I'm about 4 years behind the rest of y'all. Do people still actively play scape? Like tournaments and such?
Yes indeed!
Old June 26th, 2022, 07:37 PM

Quote:
We’re having a full convention for it. And if you’re still in Maryland, I believe there’s a local scene near you. @Dad_Scaper

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old June 26th, 2022, 08:08 PM
That's right! He can be taught!

Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby! Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby! Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby! Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby! Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post
Quote:
We’re having a full convention for it. And if you’re still in Maryland, I believe there’s a local scene near you. @Dad_Scaper
I sent him a message. Thanks!

In progress fan fic; Kaia Vendetta

Slink's story can be found here.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Contests and Forum Games