Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's
Official Rules & FAQ's Compilation and discussion of official HeroScape Rules and Frequently Asked Questions. **Special attacks never receive any bonuses.**

Old May 8th, 2020, 01:08 AM
...Something unique

Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death!
Re: Question Dump: Post Your Questions Here.

I think you'd be better off taking Raelin instead of Gruts.
2 squads of Deathreavers could be fun too, gives you a nice screen.
Old May 9th, 2020, 07:01 AM

Oman1666 knows what's in an order marker Oman1666 knows what's in an order marker Oman1666 knows what's in an order marker

Hi All

I'm looking to have a go at playing with some of the tournament maps from the 'Battlefields of Valhalla' thread. Some of this these maps say to use glyphs, placed 'face down' so you don't know which one it is, whilst others specify exactly what glyph to place and where.

How do you guys generally approach this? Is there a list of glyphs that are considered more balanced and better for these maps, or do I just draw from a hat at random each time? If I want to do a 'fair tournament' on one of these maps, should I use the same glyphs every time or draw new ones?

The only Heroscaper in England.*
Prove me wrong.

*(Except for Lazy Orang)
Old May 9th, 2020, 07:57 AM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth

I feel like Wannok, Lodin, and... whatever the move +2 glyph is called are the standard ‘can put them on any map’ glyphs?

Range +4, and the give everyone immunity to ranged attack ones are probably the most broken ones you don’t want to use.

I don’t know enough about treasure glyphs to recommend options there.

My Repaints and Mods: Updated 1-13
My Custom Cards: Updated 4-15
My Custom Superheroes: Updated 1-13
My figure images for online games:
Alliance figures, Utgar figures
My Etsy Store
Old May 9th, 2020, 08:04 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

I believe it will be noted if you use Treasure Glyphs and there will be a Trap as well.
Those are usually pretty good as only Unique Heroes(I believe) can use them.
Old May 9th, 2020, 11:41 AM
Frank Lloyd Wright of Scape

Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oman1666 View Post
Hi All

I'm looking to have a go at playing with some of the tournament maps from the 'Battlefields of Valhalla' thread. Some of this these maps say to use glyphs, placed 'face down' so you don't know which one it is, whilst others specify exactly what glyph to place and where.

How do you guys generally approach this? Is there a list of glyphs that are considered more balanced and better for these maps, or do I just draw from a hat at random each time? If I want to do a 'fair tournament' on one of these maps, should I use the same glyphs every time or draw new ones?

There are glyphs that are much more balanced for tournament play. In the Utah Tournaments, our glyph pool usually consists of the following:
Dagmar = Initiative +8
Valda = Move +2
Ulvania = Unique Attack +1
Wannok = Wound Glyph
Kelda = Healer
Lodin = D-20 +1

Every now and then Gerda (+1 defense) will be thrown in, but that glyph seems to be map dependent. For example if there's a map that has a glyph in the center, you might be more likely to see that glyph.

Other glyphs tend to be imbalanced in tournament play (some very much so - Jalguard anyone?) unless there's some sort of extenuating circumstance about the map or the format of the tournament.

Lastly, if you put Kelda in your pool, make sure that after armies are placed, you turn the glyphs so that they are power side up (you can see what the glyph is) because squad figures are not allowed to step onto Kelda. Honestly I think this is best practice even if Kelda is not in the pool.

Maps | OHS Maps | Customs
"I think you're absolutely correct in your logic and reasoning and couldn't agree more." ~BiggaBullfrog

Last edited by Dysole; May 12th, 2020 at 09:20 AM.
Old May 27th, 2020, 02:32 AM

Piratebunny is surprisingly tart

How bad is it if you found a whole wave that you don't have for cheap at a garage sale NIB and you open them all?
Old May 27th, 2020, 05:04 AM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

The exact opposite of bad. NIB scape deserves the love of battle.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old May 27th, 2020, 09:50 AM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

@Piratebunny Even better as there is no chance of the 'Rona on NIB figures. Glad people are still doing garage sales and you found and are playing with in these times.
Old May 27th, 2020, 11:06 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piratebunny View Post
How bad is it if you found a whole wave that you don't have for cheap at a garage sale NIB and you open them all?
You lucky duck!

How much was it? What wave?

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old May 27th, 2020, 11:24 AM

Piratebunny is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
Quote:
You lucky duck!

How much was it? What wave?
wave 8. 20 bucks
@flameslayer93 I loved that answer. "ON TO BATTLE!"
@lefton4ya Yeah things are getting pretty close to normal around me now. Rona or no rona I think people want to get out of the house and interact with people again.
Old May 27th, 2020, 11:31 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Damn!

That's some fine booty for a hard working pirate!

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old May 27th, 2020, 04:33 PM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!

Quote:
That is so bad! As in 80s bad = good.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's