Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Fan Art & Fiction
Fan Art & Fiction Graphic & Literary works bound only by the imagination

Old May 27th, 2017, 12:50 AM

vvildeyedjoker knows what's in an order marker vvildeyedjoker knows what's in an order marker
Looking for writer for Campaign.

Hi all,

I am currently working on putting together a Campaign Scenario. I have the basic ideas planned out and am putting the maps together for it.

Unfortunately, my creative writing skills are.... sub-par.

I was hoping to find someone who is willing to collaborate with me on writing the story for the campaign to really immerse the players into the scenario. Turning my one line objectives and very rough plot into a Story driven campaign.

I wanted to keep the campaign private until completion. If you decide to help with this project it would have to be kept under wraps until it is posted. With that said when it is finally posted to the site you will be credited as the co-author of the campaign.

Anyone that would be interested in assisting please reply to this thread or PM me.
Old May 27th, 2017, 12:53 AM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: Looking for writer for Campaign.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvildeyedjoker View Post
Hi all,

I am currently working on putting together a Campaign Scenario. I have the basic ideas planned out and am putting the maps together for it.

I was hoping to find someone who is willing to collaborate with me on writing the story for the campaign to really immerse the players into the scenario. Turning my one line objectives and very rough plot into a Story driven campaign.

I wanted to keep the campaign private until completion. If you decide to help with this project it would have to be kept under wraps until it is posted. With that said when it is finally posted to the site you will be credited as the co-author of the campaign.

Anyone that would be interested in assisting please reply to this thread or PM me.
Well my first question would be the setting...is this more a classic scape setting? I only ask because I've been developing Campaigns for C3G (superheroes) and the creative writing part was the easier part for me. Getting all the maps and goals/objectives balanced was/is the hard part.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old May 27th, 2017, 01:04 AM

vvildeyedjoker knows what's in an order marker vvildeyedjoker knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by vvildeyedjoker View Post
Hi all,

Well my first question would be the setting...is this more a classic scape setting? I only ask because I've been developing Campaigns for C3G (superheroes) and the creative writing part was the easier part for me. Getting all the maps and goals/objectives balanced was/is the hard part.
The campaign is being created with classic Scape in mind however, any units can be used. I have a bi weekly game night group that i will be using for the testing. I already have the objectives and ideas for the maps (first one is built already.) I struggle with creating a flowing story.

What I'm looking for is someone who can take the maps with objectives and basic story and turn it in to something worth reading on its own but follows the game play of the campaign.
Old May 27th, 2017, 02:13 AM
Competitive Fan Fiction Champion & Grade A Meme CoNtributor

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I know @The Grim Reaper's Friend just wrapped production on his most recent story and expressed interest in doing a story related to a Campaign as well. He may be the author right up your alley.

If he's not available I'm still working on a story at the moment but depending on how big this Campaign is I might be able to help. When exactly were you planning on starting this Campaign with your friends? How long would the author have to write it?

~TAF

TAF was the Storyteller...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT

Old May 27th, 2017, 02:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAverageFan View Post
I know @The Grim Reaper's Friend just wrapped production on his most recent story and expressed interest in doing a story related to a Campaign as well. He may be the author right up your alley.

If he's not available I'm still working on a story at the moment but depending on how big this Campaign is I might be able to help. When exactly were you planning on starting this Campaign with your friends? How long would the author have to write it?

~TAF
I don't have "due date". My group would be helping me play test it in preparation of posting to this site for everyone to enjoy. The plan for the campaign is to have 5 different maps. Whoever decided to jump in and write would have as much time as they needed to complete the story.
Old May 27th, 2017, 08:49 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Sounds cool. Best of luck.

If you ever feel like diving into superheroes, we would love to have you in C3G land.
Old May 27th, 2017, 10:31 AM
He should definitely get that. (#4)

TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:

~TAF
I will be writing a story based on a campaign, but it has to be a campaign that I create. I cannot write a story (or at least not a good one) to a pre-set plot.

~TGRF.
Old May 27th, 2017, 05:11 PM

If I were to write the story out is there anyway I could get it proofread and edited?
Old May 27th, 2017, 05:58 PM

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Certainly. I may be able to help cowrite + proofread. 5 maps isn't too terribly long, and working with a preexisting plot doesn't sound so different from a very specific Contest Prompt.

~TAF

Old May 27th, 2017, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Certainly. I may be able to help cowrite + proofread. 5 maps isn't too terribly long, and working with a preexisting plot doesn't sound so different from a very specific Contest Prompt.

~TAF
Ok I'll put the basics together as soon as I can and get in touch with you and we can go from there?
Old May 27th, 2017, 07:13 PM

Sure, just shoot me a PM whenever. At the very least I can get started on the preproduction--see what sort of story I can work with and what sort of tone you're looking for, etc.

~TAF

Old May 27th, 2017, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Sure, just shoot me a PM whenever. At the very least I can get started on the preproduction--see what sort of story I can work with and what sort of tone you're looking for, etc.

~TAF
Ok. I have two of the maps built already as well (not tested) I am going to work on some of the others tonight. If you want I can share those as well so you can get a visual to go off of and an idea of the objectives. The enemies have guidelines as well for each map so you will know who is on the maps.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Fan Art & Fiction