Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Fan Art & Fiction
Fan Art & Fiction Graphic & Literary works bound only by the imagination

View Poll Results: Which Fan Fiction would you like to see next?
Code 4114 (LBV rewrite) 0 0%
Origin Story 7 87.50%
Sequel 0 0%
Other (Specify) 1 12.50%
Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

Old March 14th, 2017, 05:28 PM
Competitive Fan Fiction Champion & Grade A Meme CoNtributor

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Preferences for New Fan Fiction

I assume you'll start posting once 18/18 Chapters are complete.

~TAF, gauging how long of a wait it'll be

TAF was the Storyteller...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT

Old March 14th, 2017, 06:40 PM
He should definitely get that. (#4)

TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAverageFan View Post
I assume you'll start posting once 18/18 Chapters are complete.

~TAF, gauging how long of a wait it'll be
Yes. At the moment I'm doing about 1.5 chapters a day. Once it's written I need to get it proofread and finalized, and then I can post it. I'd say anywhere from next week to the end of the month, depending on how much I get done over the weekend.

~TGRF.

UPDATE: Chapter 4/18 complete. Things should start moving now.
UPDATE: Chapter 5/18 complete.
UPDATE: Chapter 7/20 complete.
UPDATE: Chapter 8/20 complete.
UPDATE: Chapter 9/21 complete.
UPDATE: Chapter 10/21 complete.
UPDATE: Chapter 11/21 complete.
UPDATE: Chapter 12/21 complete.
UPDATE: Chapter 13/21 complete.
UPDATE: Chapter 14/22 complete.
UPDATE: Chapter 15/22 complete.
UPDATE: Chapter 15/22 extended and completed.
UPDATE: Chapter 16/22 complete.
UPDATE: Chapter 17/22 complete.
UPDATE: Chapter 18/22 complete.
UPDATE: Chapter 19/22 complete.
UPDATE: Chapter 20/22 complete.
UPDATE: Chapter 21/23 complete.
UPDATE: Chapter 22/23 complete.
UPDATE: Chapter 23/24 complete.
UPDATE: Chapter 24/25 complete.
UPDATE: Chapter 25/26 complete.
UPDATE: Chapter 26/26 complete.
UPDATE: Epilogue complete.

Word Count: 36,625

Last edited by TGRF; April 4th, 2017 at 02:54 PM.
Old April 4th, 2017, 02:56 PM

TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

The fan fiction is finished. I got distracted with my novel for a little while there, but I powered through the last third of the fan fiction in these last two days, and now I'm finally done.

I want to go back through it and fix it up, but I'm guessing that shouldn't take too long (~ a week or so). After that, Bigga has agreed once again to proofread it, and then it's off to posting!

~TGRF.
Old April 4th, 2017, 03:32 PM

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Not competition!

You're a fast writer. That's a lot of chapters. How long is this particular story?

~TAF

Old April 4th, 2017, 04:37 PM

Re: Not competition!

Quote:
You're a fast writer. That's a lot of chapters. How long is this particular story?

~TAF
36.5K words or so. Not particularly long. There are several short chapters in there; I just stopped where it fit. This was my experiment on writing with twists, so we'll see how it goes.

~TGRF.

UPDATE: Edited chapter 1/26 (chance to re-edit: high)
UPDATE: Edited chapter 2/26 & 3/26 (chance to re-edit: high)
UPDATE: Edited chapter 4/26 (chance to re-edit: low)
UPDATE: Edited chapter 5/26 (chance to re-edit: low)
UPDATE: Edited chapter 6/26 (chance to re-edit: medium)
UPDATE: Edited chapter 7/26 (chance to re-edit: medium)
UPDATE: Edited chapter 8/26 (chance to re-edit: low)
UPDATE: Edited chapter 9/26 (chance to re-edit: medium)
UPDATE: Edited chapter 10/26 (chance to re-edit: medium)
UPDATE: Edited chapter 11/26 (chance to re-edit: medium)
UPDATE: Edited chapter 12/26 (chance to re-edit: low)
UPDATE: Edited chapter 13/26 (chance to re-edit: medium)
UPDATE: Edited chapter 14/16 (chance to re-edit: low)
UPDATE: Re-edited chapter 13/26 (chance to re-edit: low)
UPDATE: Edited chapter 15/26 (chance to re-edit: low)
UPDATE: Edited chapter 16/26 (chance to re-edit: low)
UPDATE: Edited chapter 17/26 (chance to re-edit: medium)
UPDATE: Edited chapter 18/26 (chance to re-edit: low)
UPDATE: Edited chapter 19/26 (chance to re-edit: low)
Coming down the home stretch now.
UPDATE: Edited chapter 20/26 (chance to re-edit: low)
UPDATE: Edited chapter 21/26 (chance to re-edit: low)
UPDATE: Edited chapter 22/26 (chance to re-edit: low)
UPDATE: Edited chapter 23/26 (chance to re-edit: low)
UPDATE: Edited chapter 24/26 (chance to re-edit: low)
UPDATE: Edited chapter 25/26 (chance to re-edit: low)
UPDATE: Edited chapter 26/26 (chance to re-edit: low)
UPDATE: Edited the epilogue (chance to re-edit: low)
UPDATE: Wrote the Author's Note.

Word count: 37,972

Personal Notes: 1-rID.rNE.rNT_2-r_3-r_4-f.cE.cW.cD_5-f.cE.cT_6-ct.rNE(middle-end).cW_7-cT(residual).cE.cW.rC_8-fcID.cE.cT.cC_9-rID(science).cE.cW.cT_10-rD.rT.cC.cE.cW_11-rID.rE.rT.cC_12-rID.rT.rE.cW_13-f.cID.cW.cT.cE.ccC_14.f.cE.cT.cC_15-f.cID.cT.cE.cC.cW_16-f.cE.cT.cW_17-rE.rT.cC_18-rE.cT(residual-question).cC.cW_19-f.cE.cT.cC_20-f.cE.cT.cC_21-f.cE.cT(residual?)_22-f.cE.cT.cC_23-f.cE.cT.cC_24-f.cE(unnecessary until the end).cT_25-f.cE(lack, but focused elsewhere).cT.cC.cD_26-f.cE(same as last, until end).cT_E-f.

Now to clean up...

17.04.14.14.01: rID.rE.rT -- fID.fE.fT(relying on carry from past; hold in magic and goal to light. Ends strong.)
17.04.14.14.02: r-A -- cT(unknown).cE
17.04.14.14.03: r-A -- cT(not really there, relying on residual; should be fine).cE
17.04.17.14.06: cE
17.04.17.14.07: cC
17.04.17.14.09: cID
17.04.17.14.10: cD.cT. (Didn't see anything)
17.04.17.14.11: cID(still there but I think it works).cT(questions).cE
17.04.17.14.12: cID.cT.cE(not really, but it's fine)
17.04.17.14.17:cE(letting the reader create it).cT(in the question of progress?)
17.04.17.14.18:cE(letting the adverbs dictate)

Last edited by TGRF; April 17th, 2017 at 08:32 PM. Reason: Final Pass: 4/14 2:57 PM
Old April 17th, 2017, 08:33 PM

And the editing is DONE! I'll be spellchecking and sending it off to Bigga tonight!

~TGRF.
Old April 17th, 2017, 08:50 PM

How long do you think it'll be before you start uploading chapters? Also didja ever come up with a title for it? Where's the teaser trailer?

~TAF, stoked

Old April 17th, 2017, 11:26 PM

Quote:
How long do you think it'll be before you start uploading chapters? Also didja ever come up with a title for it? Where's the teaser trailer?

~TAF, stoked
I finished it and decided I had better name it, so after some thought I came up with: A Chance of Success.

It usually takes Bigga a few days to proofread, so I'd imagine I can start uploading around this weekend, Saturday or Sunday, depending how long Bigga takes, and how long it takes to implement any changes due to his proofreading.

~TGRF.
Old April 18th, 2017, 01:39 AM

Tomorrow. Submitting it tomorrow. I realized a few characters had miraculously healed of their injuries and ran out of time to fix it.

~TGRF.
Old April 18th, 2017, 05:11 PM

It is away! Now we wait for Bigga.

~TGRF.
Old April 23rd, 2017, 02:01 AM

UPDATE: One problem found - might take some work to resolve...
UPDATE: Remedies identified, now I just have to implement them... there's one big one which will be difficult to work out, but it shouldn't take too long...
UPDATE: This could be it... dealing with the final - and largest - problem, and I think I've found a way to fix it...
UPDATE: Waiting on a reply from the admins about a possible way to post...

Proofreading complete...
~TGRF.

Last edited by TGRF; April 26th, 2017 at 02:40 PM.
Old May 12th, 2017, 02:41 PM

@TheAverageFan @William099

I found in my files an unfinished tale about Vervalsing, told from the PoV of his Icarians. It's only 2.1 chapters long, and the chapters are short, but I was wondering if you would be interested in seeing it. There's no ending, just like the 4114 snippet I posted.

~TGRF.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Fan Art & Fiction