Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion
Competitive Armies Discussion Discuss, critique, and build ideas for tournament-caliber armies.

Old May 29th, 2013, 08:58 AM

IronHobbit is surprisingly tart
First Ever Army Lists- Romans/Knights

Hey, guys, I just joined today, so forgive me if this isn't where this thread belongs- everything seems to be Islandscape!

Okay, so I used to play as kid, and I thought Heroscape was completely done, until I found this site. Here's two lists I just put together after looking through all of the profiles and power rankings and stuff:

Marcus Decimus Gallus 100
Eldgrim the Viking Champion 130
Isamu 140
Roman Legionnaires x3 290
4th Massachusetts Line x3 500

Sir Gilbert 105
Eldgrim the Viking Champion 135
Knights of Weston x2 275
4th Massachusetts Line x3 485

Any suggestions or criticisms would be very helpful. Thanks, guys.
Old May 29th, 2013, 09:27 AM
Last :-(

Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: First Ever Army Lists- Romans/Knights

4th + Romans = not a fantastic army. You really need all valiant figures in your army in order to make the 4th a powerful choice. Otherwise they are just too easy to bring down.
Old May 29th, 2013, 09:30 AM

Maybe I should drop Eldgrim and the 4th x3 and add the 10th x3?

Something like this:

Isamu 110
Roman Legionnaires x3 260
10th Regiment of Foot x3 485

I am Iron Man.
Except when it comes to Heroscape...
Old May 29th, 2013, 09:56 AM

elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby! elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby! elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby! elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby! elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby! elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronHobbit View Post
Maybe I should drop Eldgrim and the 4th x3 and add the 10th x3?

Something like this:

Isamu 110
Roman Legionnaires x3 260
That seems like a solid army. If you have a few spare points, I'd draft Me-Burq-Sa at 50 points to add in another decent bonding option for the Legionaries. MBS can be good for targeting high priority figures with his Paralyzing Stare.

In the disciplined army involving Gallus, the 10th are a great all-around choice. However, to squeeze in Marcus and Isamu you'd have to drop a couple of squad figures if you're trying to fit into a 24 hex starting zone.
Old May 29th, 2013, 10:03 AM

Oh yeah, you're right! I completely forgot about the 24-hex limit! Sorry, I just kinda got back into it the other day.

Okay, dropping a Legionnaire would probably fix it...

Isamu 110
Me-Burq-Sa 160
Roman Legionnaires x2 260

Thanks for all your help, guys! It looks pretty decent to me.

I am Iron Man.
Old May 29th, 2013, 10:21 AM
...Something unique

Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death!

It looks good, and welcome to the site. There is a thread that you can go where people judge your army ideas, it's called the Army Advice and Feedback thread. Good luck.
~NS
Old May 29th, 2013, 10:32 AM

Okay, thanks Ninja! I'll make sure to post there next time.

I am Iron Man.
Old May 29th, 2013, 11:16 AM
Heroscapers Project Extraordinaire

White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronHobbit View Post
Oh yeah, you're right! I completely forgot about the 24-hex limit! Sorry, I just kinda got back into it the other day.

Okay, dropping a Legionnaire would probably fix it...

Isamu 110
Me-Burq-Sa 160
Roman Legionnaires x2 260

Thanks for all your help, guys! It looks pretty decent to me.
I prefer:

Roman Legionnaires x2 300
10th Regiment of Foot x4 (-1) 500

The -1 for the 10th is to fit into the 24 hex limit. It's a pretty solid army that I use in playtesting all the time.
Old May 29th, 2013, 11:41 AM

Oh, so you can drop models from units that you've already paid for to keep the hex limit? Okay... I should probably break out the rules booklet.

It looks pretty solid, actually. Thanks for the tip. I'll look into that.

I am Iron Man.
Old May 29th, 2013, 03:03 PM
Baron of Beantown V

Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smithy Winfred View Post
4th + Romans = not a fantastic army. You really need all valiant figures in your army in order to make the 4th a powerful choice. Otherwise they are just too easy to bring down.
It's still good, just not as good as 10th Reg + Romans. Non-valiant 4th Mass is way better than a lot of stuff, it's just not played nearly as much since the 10th Reg came out. And there isn't really a need to play it unless you can't afford that extra 10pt.-20pt. for the 10th Reg.

IronHobbit,
You can also consider the Airborne Elite for a ranged squad to pair with the Romans.

Airborne Elite 110
Marcus 100
Ne-Gok-Sa 90
Romans x4 200

is a sweet army.

Welcome to the site.

Last edited by Cleon; May 29th, 2013 at 03:13 PM.
Old May 29th, 2013, 11:06 PM
No good deed goes unpunished

greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Take Ne-Gok-Sa out and get Me-Burq-Sa+filler. Romans with MBS is so much better than Romans with anything else.

Tournament Armies Played - C3VRP - Customs - Trades

I'm Krug in the Paradox Keep and Augamo on the Sacred Tundra.
Old May 29th, 2013, 11:17 PM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun

Well met!

Quote:
Originally Posted by greygnarl View Post
Take Ne-Gok-Sa out and get Me-Burq-Sa+filler. Romans with MBS is so much better than Romans with anything else.
Better to just replace one of the Roman squads with Me-Burq-Sa.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion