Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Notices

Old September 15th, 2018, 06:47 AM
Night of the Living Plastic

Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Leaf_It's customs. [UPDATED: 9.14.18]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astroking112 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf_It View Post
Now in regards to the Drow, Their heros don't actually help them at all. Pelloth just kills them, and if you're going for that strategy you want all the drow you can get, so you have more targets to blow up. Estivara has a neat special, but she only helps spiders, and does nothing for the other Drow. These spiders do almost nothing for the Drow, except for Estivara, and she does nothing for the rest of the Drow. You say that this won't make then tournament worthy, but I'm just confused as to why you think this will effect the rest of the Drow at all?
A build can be both non-competitive and fun. Throwing squads of spiders in with Drow could be an interesting and thematic dungeon room, players may want to still try the combo even if it doesn't work too well (such as when Roman Archers and Legionnaires are in the same army), or anything in-between. I do not believe that these units will really help the rest of the Drow, but I do believe that they will lead them to be played more.
Okay, that makes more sense. I could see these played together with the Drow in a dungeon crawl. It would be pretty thematic. Sorry for the confusion.
Old September 15th, 2018, 12:32 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astroking112 View Post
A build can be both non-competitive and fun. Throwing squads of spiders in with Drow could be an interesting and thematic dungeon room, players may want to still try the combo even if it doesn't work too well (such as when Roman Archers and Legionnaires are in the same army), or anything in-between. I do not believe that these units will really help the rest of the Drow, but I do believe that they will lead them to be played more.
Okay, that makes more sense. I could see these played together with the Drow in a dungeon crawl. It would be pretty thematic. Sorry for the confusion.
No problem. I think I definitely could've worded it better in the first place, so I understand the confusion.
Old September 16th, 2018, 04:57 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Hey Leaf It, let's take a look at your latest creations.

Lolth Spiders:
This is an interesting take on the drow aligned spider design. Although they are a 40 point 2/1 melee squad, they make up for poor stats with an easily acquired +1 attack from Estivara and 7 move. This makes them play similarly to Nagrubs. While in a 'grubs build the bonded hero generally does the heavy lifting while the little guys poke and prod (and get eaten). These guys do the heavy lifting while Estivara and other Arachnomancers do small things. I suspect they won't be strong if a player takes them past 3x squads... unless other Arachnomancers are eventually created. As unlikely as that may be.

Their limited competitive use does mean these units will have to also be good in the thematic landscape. They do look good there, but I'm not too sure about the webbing. Classing 'Scape Spiders remove OM's with theirs, which I understand if you don't want to go that route. How does DnD handle webbing?

Vulcanmech Striker:
I'm not sure how I feel about uncommon soulborg heroes. This is where the SoV should chime in their thoughts. Everything makes sense for the mini, from the kicking normal attack to the pulse guns. Redirecting stats is also a rather unique idea. Even if you find you can't use the concept this time, it could come in handy later on.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old September 16th, 2018, 06:27 PM

Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameslayer93 View Post
Hey Leaf It, let's take a look at your latest creations.
Thank you for the feedback.
Quote:
Lolth Spiders:
This is an interesting take on the drow aligned spider design. Although they are a 40 point 2/1 melee squad, they make up for poor stats with an easily acquired +1 attack from Estivara and 7 move. This makes them play similarly to Nagrubs. While in a 'grubs build the bonded hero generally does the heavy lifting while the little guys poke and prod (and get eaten). These guys do the heavy lifting while Estivara and other Arachnomancers do small things. I suspect they won't be strong if a player takes them past 3x squads... unless other Arachnomancers are eventually created. As unlikely as that may be.
Generally I take 4x - 5x spiders with Estivara, (which is only 240 - 280 points) and then pack 2 - 3 high price heros for either cleanup, or shock. I also have a Drider design that I come up with, which would be classed as an Arachnomancer, but the Drider figures that exist are all expensive, and lack enough quantity, so I don't think it'll ever see the light of day in the SoV.
Quote:
Their limited competitive use does mean these units will have to also be good in the thematic landscape. They do look good there, but I'm not too sure about the webbing. Classing 'Scape Spiders remove OM's with theirs, which I understand if you don't want to go that route. How does DnD handle webbing?
I like the idea behind entangling web; a figure caught in the web might not be able to do anything anymore, but I always thought that a power similar to cyberclaw made more sense. For example a wizard might get caught in the giant web, and be unable to move, be he's still going to cast fireball, or chain lightning from where he stands. The two abilities are different implementations of a similar idea. I also don't like the powerful effect that removing order markers has in a game. I think The Varja is one of the single most annoying things to play against, because you don't get to play. I want the sense of being caught, while still allowing the player to play, and be able to do something about their situation.

As for how D&D handles it, I don't know, I didn't really base the webbing power on D&D, just on the theme of a spider web.
Quote:
Vulcanmech Striker:
I'm not sure how I feel about uncommon soulborg heroes. This is where the SoV should chime in their thoughts. Everything makes sense for the mini, from the kicking normal attack to the pulse guns. Redirecting stats is also a rather unique idea. Even if you find you can't use the concept this time, it could come in handy later on.
I'm not set on Uncommon, I just want the Valkrill soulborgs to feel like they have a presence. Every other Soulborge faction has a variety of options, and a single unique hero didn't feel like it would help this as much as an uncommon. While the design's idea started as unique, with the quantity I found, I thought that uncommon could be justified. I wish the redirecting stats theme was more apparent in the power set, but I can use it again sometime if the opportunity presents itself.

I also have made some changes to Hotaru the Valkrill ninja.
Spoiler Alert!

Cursed Weapons' upside, and blood thirst in general didn't activate very often, and they didn't always feel like they were really doing anything as a result, so they have been reworked. I think Blood thirst is more thematic now anyway. He still dies quickly when focused, but he'll be a little more interesting now.
Old September 16th, 2018, 07:55 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

I really like where Hotaru is at. I think a solid 40-45points seems reasonable. He'll be best when attacking heroes while bonding with Kantono Daishi and that might push his price up...but 4 life and 2 def can go pretty quick like you said. He seems a lot like Siiv to me...so that point range seems about right.

EDIT: I also love the spiders. I think they're great as is and just need to be playtested!

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old September 17th, 2018, 07:27 PM
Usurper of Shenanigans (but only 10 points under)

BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun

Some quick thoughts:

I'm not sold on a Vulcanmech Striker kicking for 8 dice at all. It doesn't compare well for any other figures who can roll 8 attack (Jotun, Krug, I guess Anubians but their supernatural frenzy sells it). I may be the only one, but just throwing it out there.

Spiders look cool, and I really like the webbing ability. I also liked the defensive ability you had on them before you edited the post; it was a cool, sleek way to up their survivability. I've never been a fan of arachnomancer bonding in general, though I'm likely in the minority. I don't think it's needed at all. Estivara has a great aura (6 spaces) and as a cheerleader she doesn't need to move around a bunch. And Pelloth likes to play with kill Drow, so him bonding with spiders isn't doing a ton.

Monthly Utah Tournaments in SLC!!
Maps | Customs | Battle Reports
10 Points Under Videos

"I'll save myself some time and say I pretty much 100% agree with Bigga" ~Flash_19
Old September 21st, 2018, 08:20 PM

I have further updated several designs.

Notable changes include:
FAYLIA LYSARIS: Reworked Her bonding, and gave her Evasive 2.
VULCANMECH STRIKER: Lowered life down to 4 from 6. Increased move from 6 to 7. Increased range from 4 to 5.
SPIDERS OF LOLTH: Arachnomancer bonding now requires 2 spiders to be engaged, just like War Cry.
Old October 1st, 2018, 05:23 PM

They haven't been focused on as much, but around the same time I found the figures for the Specters of Aldorn, I also found some Hellhound figures. I've been toying with them for just as long, though I was never satisfied with anything until recently.

NAME = HOUNDS OF PERDITION
GENERAL = VALKRILL
PLANET = TORIL? VALHALLA? FEYLUND?
SPECIES = HELLHOUNDS
UNIQUENESS = COMMON SQUAD
CLASS = HUNTERS
PERSONALITY = RELENTLESS
SIZE/HEIGHT = SMALL 3

1 LIFE (2 figures)
7 MOVE
1 RANGE
4 ATTACK
4 DEFENSE
60 - 90 POINTS

Veil of Moribund:
Hounds of Perdition do not have any visible hitzones when targeted by a figure that does not have any wound markers on it's card.

Unyielding Bite
If a Hound of Perdition is enagaed to only 1 figure, and that figure is not Huge, that figure cannot move. Figures affected by Unyielding Bite cannot be moved by any special power, on any army card or glyph.

BOUND 15
Instead of their normal move, Hounds of Perdition may use Bound. Bound has a move of 4. When counting spaces for Bound, ignore elevations. A Hound of Perdition may bound over water without stopping, pass over figures without becoming engaged, and over obstacles such as ruins. A Hound of Perdition may not bound more than 15 levels up or down in a single bound. If a Hound of Perdition is engaged when he starts to bound, he will receive any leaving engagement attacks.

Theme/Explanation: I'm still not sure where I want them to be from. Toril seems like the obvious choice, but I didn't really design them to be D&D Hellhounds. They have similar aspects, but that was more by coincidence. Moribund means to be near death. In real world mythology hellhounds are invisible hunters that drag people down to hell, and can only be seen by those that are either near death, have made a contract with the devil for their soul, or are about to be attacked by a Hellhound. (which would probably mean you are near death) If you are engaged with a Hellhound, your life is in danger, so you can see it. If you are injured, then your life is in danger, so you can see them. Otherwise, they are invisible, and thus have no hitzone. Hellhounds are large dogs who's Unyielding Bite, like most large real life dogs, is nearly impossible to loosen. Once it has decided to bite you, you would need to either Kill it, or force it to direct it's attention elsewhere, to be able to be freed from it's jaws. The ability is relatively easy to get around as long you have multiple figures. Only one figure is forced to keep still, and as long as 2 or more figures are engaged, all engaged figures are free to move around. Originally I wanted to give them Pounce, but a Hellhound dying after jumping on something just because it didn't roll enough skull didn't feel right. Bound is the solution here. It gives the mobility of Pounce, but relies on the high normal attack to deal it's damage. Morgoloth is a fun inclusion to the army, because Swarming Vermnin finally has a Valkrill target.

I have attached some images to show the size of these puppies (pun intended) next to the Wolves of Badru, and the Darkprowl Thrall. They are just a bit bigger than the Badru.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20181001_145300.jpg (126.8 KB, 317 views)
File Type: jpg 20181001_145442.jpg (109.2 KB, 304 views)
Old October 4th, 2018, 06:55 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth
Re: Leaf_It's customs. [UPDATED: OCT. 1, 2018]

Congrads @Leaf_It on SoV nomination for Maltis Tez! The SoV card looks like different figure than one in OP; is one just the promo version paintjob of Angelfire Longstrider Ranger (#22 vs #DDC24)?
Old October 4th, 2018, 07:00 PM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefton4ya View Post
Congrads @Leaf_It on SoV nomination for Maltis Tez! The SoV card looks like different figure than one in OP; is one just the promo version paintjob of Angelfire Longstrider Ranger (#22 vs #DDC24)?
More to do with my crappy camera and the ensuing color adjustment, probably. Not to mention natural differences in figure colors.
Old October 4th, 2018, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scytale View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by lefton4ya View Post
More to do with my crappy camera and the ensuing color adjustment, probably. Not to mention natural differences in figure colors.
Thanks.

There are two different paint jobs, so that could be part of it, same for the camera, and color adjustments. It is definitely the same figure though.
Old October 4th, 2018, 10:41 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Quote:
They haven't been focused on as much, but around the same time I found the figures for the Specters of Aldorn, I also found some Hellhound figures. I've been toying with them for just as long, though I was never satisfied with anything until recently.

NAME = HOUNDS OF PERDITION
GENERAL = VALKRILL
PLANET = TORIL? VALHALLA? FEYLUND?
SPECIES = HELLHOUNDS
UNIQUENESS = COMMON SQUAD
CLASS = HUNTERS
PERSONALITY = RELENTLESS
SIZE/HEIGHT = SMALL 3

1 LIFE (2 figures)
7 MOVE
1 RANGE
4 ATTACK
4 DEFENSE
60 - 90 POINTS

Veil of Moribund:
Hounds of Perdition do not have any visible hitzones when targeted by a figure that does not have any wound markers on it's card.

Unyielding Bite
If a Hound of Perdition is enagaed to only 1 figure, and that figure is not Huge, that figure cannot move. Figures affected by Unyielding Bite cannot be moved by any special power, on any army card or glyph.

BOUND 15
Instead of their normal move, Hounds of Perdition may use Bound. Bound has a move of 4. When counting spaces for Bound, ignore elevations. A Hound of Perdition may bound over water without stopping, pass over figures without becoming engaged, and over obstacles such as ruins. A Hound of Perdition may not bound more than 15 levels up or down in a single bound. If a Hound of Perdition is engaged when he starts to bound, he will receive any leaving engagement attacks.

Theme/Explanation: I'm still not sure where I want them to be from. Toril seems like the obvious choice, but I didn't really design them to be D&D Hellhounds. They have similar aspects, but that was more by coincidence. Moribund means to be near death. In real world mythology hellhounds are invisible hunters that drag people down to hell, and can only be seen by those that are either near death, have made a contract with the devil for their soul, or are about to be attacked by a Hellhound. (which would probably mean you are near death) If you are engaged with a Hellhound, your life is in danger, so you can see it. If you are injured, then your life is in danger, so you can see them. Otherwise, they are invisible, and thus have no hitzone. Hellhounds are large dogs who's Unyielding Bite, like most large real life dogs, is nearly impossible to loosen. Once it has decided to bite you, you would need to either Kill it, or force it to direct it's attention elsewhere, to be able to be freed from it's jaws. The ability is relatively easy to get around as long you have multiple figures. Only one figure is forced to keep still, and as long as 2 or more figures are engaged, all engaged figures are free to move around. Originally I wanted to give them Pounce, but a Hellhound dying after jumping on something just because it didn't roll enough skull didn't feel right. Bound is the solution here. It gives the mobility of Pounce, but relies on the high normal attack to deal it's damage. Morgoloth is a fun inclusion to the army, because Swarming Vermnin finally has a Valkrill target.

I have attached some images to show the size of these puppies (pun intended) next to the Wolves of Badru, and the Darkprowl Thrall. They are just a bit bigger than the Badru.
I would just specify that they cannot be targeted by a non adjacent figures that are not wounded to keep it from being confusing. I only realized that you already were doing it that way from reading the explanation. I really like the whole bit otherwise. Its very thematic and cool. Also congrats on your SOV victory. Well deserved with all your work you put in to it.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards