Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Heroes of Star Wars Scape > Battlefields of Star Wars Scape
Battlefields of Star Wars Scape HoSS Maps and Scenarios

Old May 1st, 2017, 02:31 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth
Re: The Design Holocron of Death Star Throne Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanieLoche View Post
IMO the first step would be to oficialize void space tiles and, to keep it simple, with the same rule set as the molten lava tiles. A 20 on the D20 could represent the figure hanging on a metal bar, like Luke discovering Vador's paternity.

Then if we want to balance a map, it is just needed to add or not battlement to prevent force throwing, or add a special map rule to prevent the specific hero's throwing balance issue.
Sending you a PM.
Old May 2nd, 2017, 10:25 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Is it safe to say that this one is the one we want for glyph locations. I was feeling really sick yesterday and didn't get anything done after going to work. I am going to update these tonight or tomorrow because it is my day off tomorrow. I'll update the OP with the new file and with the extra rules.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old May 2nd, 2017, 01:38 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

All that is needed for a vs file update would be the glyph locations then as I think I saved it with the other set up. I didn't say so before but I agree that was the better set up, it was the first way I had it before getting the alternate idea of having all the control points 5 spaces away from each other. I thought it might make for a fast and frantic game but I wasn't so sure about it so I posted both ideas up to see what others thought.
Old May 3rd, 2017, 02:46 PM
C3G Landlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
Here is my proposal for a slightly redesigned Throne Room (VS file link). I trimmed the triangle off the one end to hopefully make it a little easier to fit on a square or rectangular table. I used road tiles to offer a run around the 'healing chamber' and offer up some alternate avenues to flank an opponent with. I also switched out the steps for road tiles to make moving up or down the steps work rather quickly. That way should one team get up onto that HG area is won't be too difficult for the other team to get up to even ground and even the odds. I also found some tiles such that the front end of the raised platform is not sitting directly on tiles while the back end still uses the ladder trick. Moved some battlements around and fixed some that were facing the wrong way. Added spots to the blue SZ to make it match the red SZ. As for the control point locations I have two different proposals, each one is shown in the pics below. Let me know what you think.

A.

B.

The two glyphs that do not move on one end and look pretty close together are actually divided by the staircase, which means means most figures can't move from one to the other in one in one move but both sides can shoot down at the figures defending those control points from the throne area and steps. It should make for an exciting game where both sides are fighting over control of the throne and steps so they can try to take or defend the control points below. You could actually own one or both control glyph without actually owning the throne though.
This is the VS file I'll be using to build the map today. Will let you know soon how that goes. Need to formalize the void spaces rules. Some minor updates from the ones we issued when we released the Tractor Beam Scenario is what I believe we will be going with.
Old May 3rd, 2017, 03:22 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

If you guys want to help me out with a Bio here that would help. I can copy, paste it from here to my PSD file that I'm making.

Old May 3rd, 2017, 04:00 PM
C3G Landlord

Just finished building the map, minus putting in all the battlements, and mostly everything worked out just fine. It is still just a bit too big to sit on my table but I reorganized some of the tile locations on the base layer to make sure the overhang was supported. I'll post an updated file with the glyphs & a few tiles moved to their final positions soon.

@mac122 , I really like what the art does for the voids but it looks like it is just a bit undersized. Their is a chance I made a mistake when printing it out and it ended up getting scaled down on accident, but I made fairly wide cuts around the shapes in order to leave some edges for the tiles to hold down and I can see the white paper, beyond the thick black border, even now. I don't think it is far off in size, but a small increase would be welcome. Then I'd extend the thick black border around the voids out even farther just to make sure only black shows up should and edges not be perfectly lined up.
Old May 3rd, 2017, 04:01 PM
C3G Landlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
If you guys want to help me out with a Bio here that would help. I can copy, paste it from here to my PSD file that I'm making.
I'll see what I can do.
Old May 3rd, 2017, 04:14 PM
C3G Landlord

Here is the final VS file for the Throne Room. Really awesome looking map here TREX.
Old May 3rd, 2017, 04:16 PM
"like" happy

The PDF's are coming along nicely. I've had to adjust a couple things due to some of the fonts in Dan's PDF's being missing on my computer. Also had to do some custom work on some little things but overall good. When Jedi Temple of coruscant is done, the others should come along more quickly.

Old May 3rd, 2017, 04:31 PM
C3G Landlord

Bio - The Emperor prefers to take his meetings with subordinates and rivals alike while sitting upon a throne, from which he can look down on them. As such he has had many throne rooms built across the galaxy in civilian and military installations that he used when receiving reports and petitions. It was also rumored that they served as the location of the Emperor's own private safes in which he stored valuable artifacts and deeply guarded secret files. This made them a place where thieves, spies, rebels, and rivals all sought access to. To search, sabotage, or bug if the Emperor was not there, and to assassinate him if he was. The Emperor's Throne Room built on the 2nd Death Star was no different than the rest in that regard and served as the location of more that a few confrontations.
Old May 3rd, 2017, 08:07 PM
guy who got blown up over Yavin, The

Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth

Proofreading updates. @TREX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
Bio - The Emperor prefers to take his meetings with subordinates and rivals alike while sitting upon a throne, from which he can look down upon them. For this purpose he has built many throne rooms across the galaxy in civilian and military installations that he uses when receiving reports and petitions. It is also rumored that these throne rooms serve as the location of the Emperor's own private safes in which he stores valuable artifacts and deeply guarded secret files. Thieves, spies, rebels, and rivals all seek access to the Emperor's throne rooms to search, sabotage, or bug if the Emperor is not present, and to assassinate him if he is. The Emperor's Throne Room built on the Second Death Star was no different than the rest in that regard and served as the location of more than a few confrontations, including the confrontation between Luke Skywalker and Anakin Skywalker, which led to the Emperor's demise.
Old May 5th, 2017, 12:42 AM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth
Re: The Holocron of Death Star Throne Room

I'm going to have to try building this at some point. Such a damn cool use of that set of terrain.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Heroes of Star Wars Scape > Battlefields of Star Wars Scape