Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions > 3D Printing
3D Printing A Forum to discuss 3D Printing

Old April 24th, 2017, 03:54 PM

ForAiur is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Re: Index of 3D Printed Stl Files

Hello, I'm new here and want to print some of these tiles on my pretty mediocre 3d printer. The files that are not (in mm) look VERY small. What is the problem with them? How much % do I have to enlarge them to be mm size? And could someone please relink the water tile? The link is dead.
Old April 24th, 2017, 04:27 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

I'll send Mementomori a PM about the broken link as it looks like he moved the file somewhere.
Old April 24th, 2017, 10:16 PM
Heroscapers Project Extraordinaire

White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForAiur View Post
Hello, I'm new here and want to print some of these tiles on my pretty mediocre 3d printer. The files that are not (in mm) look VERY small. What is the problem with them? How much % do I have to enlarge them to be mm size? And could someone please relink the water tile? The link is dead.
DELETED (see Thingiverse)

Most of my files are in inches, but Repetier and other programs think they are in mm. So I have to scale them by 25.4.

Hopefully that will work. If it doesn't, if you let me know which files, I can try them myself and see what the scaling should be.

Last edited by White Knight; October 27th, 2022 at 12:27 PM.
Old April 25th, 2017, 12:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Knight View Post
Quote:
Water tile (mine, not Mementomori's)

Most of my files are in inches, but Repetier and other programs think they are in mm. So I have to scale them by 25.4.

Hopefully that will work. If it doesn't, if you let me know which files, I can try them myself and see what the scaling should be.
Thnx for your help! I printed a standard tile in mm tonight. It works "ok", but my printer has a problem with the rough rocky surface. Did anyone ever do a heroscape hex with a completely flat top?
Old April 25th, 2017, 12:25 AM

White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death!

All in inches. Might need to scale by 25.4

Old April 25th, 2017, 10:03 AM

Wow. Thanks for your fast help!

I have a FINAL wish

I want to use this for Battletech too, and a Battletech hill would be 4 or 5 Heroscape hexes on top of each other. Could someone just enlengthen the trunk of the hex with no top to a certain length? I would have to check once my first real Heroscape hexes arive in the mail to get a perfect size.
Old April 25th, 2017, 10:05 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Welcome to the boards @ForAiur , I have to know that your name is definitely StarCraft related right?

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old April 25th, 2017, 10:07 AM
guy who got blown up over Yavin, The

Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth

Cool name @ForAiur . Do you long for combat?

Edit: Doh! TREX
Old April 25th, 2017, 10:08 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkins View Post
Cool name @ForAiur. Do you long for combat?

Hahahaha. Everyone longs for combat a little bit. That makes me want to finish making my custom protoss zealot figures that I started a while back.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old April 25th, 2017, 10:15 AM

It is. But since one of my friends takes Star Craft II like a job I tend to play the lighter games more in multiplayer (like Heroes of the Storm and sometimes Overwatch).
Old April 25th, 2017, 10:37 AM
guy who got blown up over Yavin, The

Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkins View Post
Cool name @ForAiur. Do you long for combat?

Hahahaha. Everyone longs for combat a little bit. That makes me want to finish making my custom protoss zealot figures that I started a while back.
Right, because you need more custom figure projects, eh?
Old April 25th, 2017, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Wow. Thanks for your fast help!

I have a FINAL wish

I want to use this for Battletech too, and a Battletech hill would be 4 or 5 Heroscape hexes on top of each other. Could someone just enlengthen the trunk of the hex with no top to a certain length? I would have to check once my first real Heroscape hexes arive in the mail to get a perfect size.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions > 3D Printing