Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's
Official Rules & FAQ's Compilation and discussion of official HeroScape Rules and Frequently Asked Questions. **Special attacks never receive any bonuses.**

Notices

Old February 3rd, 2017, 10:49 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Dice Validity/Etiquette

My dad and I have used the following rules for a long time now.

Keep it simple:

1. Dice rolled must land inside the dice tray- any that bounce out are rerolled.
2. If I roll too many dice, you can either keep my result or have me reroll.
Old February 5th, 2017, 12:44 AM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by rym View Post
For us, if we roll two many dice, we reroll them all with the following caveat. Let's say I rolled 4 dice instead of 3 and got 2 skulls. When I reroll the correct number, I cannot do better than the 2 skulls, regardless of what the dice came up. Gives us a chance to do worse, but not better, than what we previously misrolled.

It works for us and we've done it that way for years.
I think I like this best. Simplest, and no choices involved that could game the system. I had previously done it Dad_scaper's way.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old February 5th, 2017, 02:37 PM

Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby! Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby! Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby! Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby! Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby! Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby!

I recommend using a dice rolling app. This speeds up the game considerably and eliminates all dice issues. HSaholic on the apple App Store is a great app for heroscape. There is also one on the play store too.
Old February 6th, 2017, 02:40 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrcElfArmyOne View Post

Keep it simple:

1. Dice rolled must land inside the dice tray- any that bounce out are rerolled.
Using a dice tray really does simplify the issue. I should acquire or make one. . .

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old February 6th, 2017, 03:40 PM

bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Thanks all. A lot of good suggestions and opinions here. I agree with @OrcElfArmyOne about keeping it simple and with @Sir_Heroscape about being consistent. Then mostly it's about keeping it fun. It's no fun for anyone to be punished for a moment of forgetfulness.

It seems common to re-roll only bad dice, keeping any valid dice on the table as they lay. I'm glad to hear this, as this seems obvious to me. I was surprised to have a friend argue against it.

If too many dice are rolled, I do like the suggestions of having your opponent choose to have you re-roll all of those dice or take them as they are. If it was a bad roll of dice anyway, no reason to redo it. Simple solution.
Old February 6th, 2017, 07:19 PM

nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness

1) In the RotV rulebook, there is a clear "You-snooze-you-lose" rule in regard to forgotten dice/bonuses.
2) Reroll the offending die/dice.
3) The player that rolled too many rerolls all their dice.

Those have always been our game night rules for dice, for RISK, Heroscape and everything else!

WORST. PALADIN. EVER.

Overall Tourney Record: ....I don't even remember anymore!
Old February 6th, 2017, 07:32 PM

Oman1666 knows what's in an order marker Oman1666 knows what's in an order marker Oman1666 knows what's in an order marker

There's a slight problem with the "You-snooze-you-lose" rule, and it's called Deathstalkers. with them, rolling less dice is actually an advantage because you're more likely to get nothing but skulls and activate their special ability.

If I'm on height, next to Finn and control the attack glyph, I might be tempted to roll only my normal attack dice and say 'oops I forgot. Well I guess you snooze you loose!" therefore the ruling now is that you HAVE to roll the full amount of dice in all situations.

Then again. this lands in 'stinger denial' territory because this is not something a player who enjoys heroscape would ever actually do...

The only Heroscaper in England.*
Prove me wrong.

*(Except for Lazy Orang)
Old February 7th, 2017, 05:07 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrcElfArmyOne View Post

Keep it simple:

Using a dice tray really does simplify the issue. I should acquire or make one. . .
Haha, we use very cheap to make ones- we used to use the fronts of HeroScape packs cut out and taped, and now we use felted Summoner Wars starter set boxes. Both are very quick, easy, and cheap to make, and while they don't look the best, they do the trick.
Old February 7th, 2017, 05:14 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Yeah, I've played against people using those many times.

I currently carry my army around in a leather pouch that CVN signed. I don't have room in it, and I can't imagine using anything else. But that's a terrible excuse, because I do, in fact, have two hands, either one of which is capable of carrying a pouch and a tray. So maybe I'll do something about it.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old February 7th, 2017, 05:38 PM
Super Smurfy

Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
Yeah, I've played against people using those many times.

I currently carry my army around in a leather pouch that CVN signed. I don't have room in it, and I can't imagine using anything else. But that's a terrible excuse, because I do, in fact, have two hands, either one of which is capable of carrying a pouch and a tray. So maybe I'll do something about it.
How big of a pouch? I've seen these sorts of trays used and they work fine: The corner snaps come undone and it goes completely flat. Would that fit?

I imagine some styles of these roll up too if necessary.

There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. --MLK
Old February 8th, 2017, 12:17 AM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xorlof View Post
How big of a pouch? I've seen these sorts of trays used and they work fine: The corner snaps come undone and it goes completely flat. Would that fit?

Where does one acquire these?

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old February 8th, 2017, 07:32 AM
Friendly Neighborhood Librarian

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xorlof View Post

Where does one acquire these?
Based on the currency I see: Dominican Republic, European union, Australia or canada. looks like about 10 bucks in change.

wriggz's custom Figures, Terrain and Glyphs

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's