Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Old February 10th, 2024, 08:16 AM
Friendly Neighborhood Librarian

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth
Re: Soldiers of Valhalla - nominations and discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post
on a different note...I'm coming with a somewhat un-friendly reminder that our friend Rujin is 4months away from his 4th birthday. I can't remember any other design that has sat for this obscene amount of time in the SoV.

I've tried to be understanding, but this is getting ridiculous...

And while Shadow Wraith did - admittedly - just recently get a review...it's also been 3.5years and no final decision has been made.
Also yes votes are harder than no votes, and with the expanding figure count we wouldn't want to make op mistakes. Agrith for example had lots of competition for the acolytes and we wouldn't want to completely out class existing options like sir Derick did with kow.

Despite the caliber of judges no one wants either an op or sub optimal unit added to the game. To date no SoV unit has failed a unified fan review, and I won't let it happen on my watch.

2020-2021 was also a tough time for lots of people for reasons. Many people are still feeling the lasting impacts. Veggie has made an honorable choice to make room for new blood, but that is not an easy choice to make when you love this game as we all do.

But yeah 4 years is a long time.

wriggz's custom Figures, Terrain and Glyphs
Old February 10th, 2024, 12:22 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by wriggz View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post
on a different note...I'm coming with a somewhat un-friendly reminder that our friend Rujin is 4months away from his 4th birthday. I can't remember any other design that has sat for this obscene amount of time in the SoV.

I've tried to be understanding, but this is getting ridiculous...

And while Shadow Wraith did - admittedly - just recently get a review...it's also been 3.5years and no final decision has been made.
Also yes votes are harder than no votes, and with the expanding figure count we wouldn't want to make op mistakes. Agrith for example had lots of competition for the acolytes and we wouldn't want to completely out class existing options like sir Derick did with kow.

Despite the caliber of judges no one wants either an op or sub optimal unit added to the game. To date no SoV unit has failed a unified fan review, and I won't let it happen on my watch.

2020-2021 was also a tough time for lots of people for reasons. Many people are still feeling the lasting impacts. Veggie has made an honorable choice to make room for new blood, but that is not an easy choice to make when you love this game as we all do.

But yeah 4 years is a long time.
I agree, and I've said as much publicly and privately. I understand all of that, but again...to your latter point...4 years is too long.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old February 10th, 2024, 02:21 PM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun

Well met!

I'm wondering how many reviews of how many nominated figures a judge is required to do. With only 5-6 judges, it's a wonder that as many units get reviewed as it is, let alone released.

My experience with the process that produced Kha has been very positive - however long it took. As far as I am concerned, Kha, and any future unit I may present for consideration by the SoV, is the result of a collaboration. In my case, I strive for the result to be a work of art within the parameters of SoV. I received a lot of help from many on this site, to whom I now regularly reach out via PM. I am extremely grateful.

Old February 10th, 2024, 02:59 PM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by kolakoski View Post
I'm wondering how many reviews of how many nominated figures a judge is required to do. With only 5-6 judges, it's a wonder that as many units get reviewed as it is, let alone released.
Required? There is no requirement, but we do expect the members to post reviews from time to time.
Old February 10th, 2024, 03:30 PM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun

Well met!

"I'm wondering how many reviews of how many nominated figures a judge is required to do. With only 5-6 judges, it's a wonder that as many units get reviewed as it is, let alone released."

"Required? There is no requirement, but we do expect the members to post reviews from time to time."

Sorry, I should have said "expected." I think I get it. Quality over quantity in reviews - and judges.

Old February 13th, 2024, 04:00 AM
Night of the Living Plastic

Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun

I meant to submit this back around 4 months ago, but life got in the way.
I would like to submit @Pumpkin_King 's Jedidiah Mulroney.

Card text:
Spoiler Alert!

Known Synergies:
Cal the Smuggler
Garrett Burns
Josie Whistletop
Ornak
Tombstone Gunslinger

Balance/Playability: Jedidiah is the underhanded leader of the Outlaws, executing devious strategies to surprise and outwit his opponents... or at least that's what he says. The other Outlaws are only sticking around because the money has been good so far. Jedidiah fills a role in the Outlaw faction, more smoothly tying the Common Gunslingers to the unique Outlaw heros, while also allowing the Unique Outlaws to work decently together, even if they don't have the Gunslingers around. He carries the deadly Black Bullet, a tempting option for a big target, but is it worth loosing out on the bonding opportunity of Outlaw Ambush? At 2 defense, he's not going last long against a focused assault, but with 7 range, and careful positioning, he can be hard to pin down.

Figure used is Heroclix Justice League Unlimited 013 Jonah Hex

Availability:
10 from https://www.coolstuffinc.com/p/297956
8 from https://popscultureshoppe.com/herocl...onahhex-26233/
1 from https://www.teamboardgame.com/product/dclu-2048/
And 75+ on ebay from multiple sellers, not including the above stores some of which also sell on ebay.
Old February 13th, 2024, 12:19 PM
A Happy Extradimensional Horror

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!

It’s been wonderful to see LI’s work on Jed. I’m very pleased.
Old February 13th, 2024, 05:48 PM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

There's a lot I like about Jedidiah Mulroney. Most of the card in fact. But ultimately the play style is "hide behind a wall until you run out of other Outlaws." There is (a little) room in the game for figures that sit quietly in the back of the starting zone, and the mini does give off a "mastermind on the hill overlooking the fight" sort of vibe, but hiding in a corner doesn't feel right. You might rush out for an assassination shot, but that's as dynamic as the unit gets until the end (if you need him). I can easily think of ways to make the unit more dynamic and more rewarding, so I can't help but think this just isn't the best version of the design.

to review Jedidiah Mulroney
Old February 13th, 2024, 07:42 PM

Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scytale View Post
There is (a little) room in the game for figures that sit quietly in the back of the starting zone, and the mini does give off a "mastermind on the hill overlooking the fight" sort of vibe, but hiding in a corner doesn't feel right.
Is this same concern shared by the rest of the judges?
I've reached out to PK on a few directions I can take to address this, but it is their design, so I am not going to change it if they don't think it needs to be changed, or if they don't like the changes.
Old February 13th, 2024, 08:15 PM

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth

Seeing another mid priced medium unique hero to be added to an existing faction, is becoming less exciting. I'll be happy to not seeing another monk, rogue, lawman or ninja fo a while. As a faction expands it becomes less likely a new unit will add enough to make the feel 'needed'.

At first glance nothing felt wrong with Jedidiah, but it did not feel right either. Looking closer to what he brings: 1/3 bonding, a one time strong attack (which really is only 4 skulls with height, and a decent ranged attack. Black bullet is only 3 wounds on raelin with height and 2.3 without. The tombstone gunslinger encourages getting outlaws up the board, but as scytal points out Jedidiah wants to sit back, which is a contradiction in play. Additionally with the way the gunslinger build works your unique heroes are already competing for clean up which means you will be marching them one by one untile all but Jedidiah are left.

I'm going to have to go with no to review.

Old February 13th, 2024, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wriggz View Post
Seeing another mid priced medium unique hero to be added to an existing faction, is becoming less exciting. I'll be happy to not seeing another monk, rogue, lawman or ninja fo a while. As a faction expands it becomes less likely a new unit will add enough to make the feel 'needed'.

At first glance nothing felt wrong with Jedidiah, but it did not feel right either. Looking closer to what he brings: 1/3 bonding, a one time strong attack (which really is only 4 skulls with height, and a decent ranged attack. Black bullet is only 3 wounds on raelin with height and 2.3 without. The tombstone gunslinger encourages getting outlaws up the board, but as scytal points out Jedidiah wants to sit back, which is a contradiction in play. Additionally with the way the gunslinger build works your unique heroes are already competing for clean up which means you will be marching them one by one untile all but Jedidiah are left.

I'm going to have to go with no to review.
Black Bullet is 4 additional attack dice. So 7 attack dice, or 8 from height. Or am I misunderstanding what you're saying? Are you talking about the average skulls?
It was originally +6, but that received a ton of push back in pre-SoV for being too swingy, so it was lowered to +4.
Old February 13th, 2024, 08:29 PM

I did the math on 8 attack vs 3 defense and 7 on 4 defense (more likely given raelin can fly). Considering I'd likely be using ambush to develop more consistent attackers like Josie or Cal while protecting Jeb, I think black bullet might be a red herring

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs