Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's
Official Rules & FAQ's Compilation and discussion of official HeroScape Rules and Frequently Asked Questions. **Special attacks never receive any bonuses.**

Notices

Old March 22nd, 2017, 11:26 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth
Re: Question Dump: Post Your Questions Here.

The trades and sales subforum of this very forum. You'll do much better than eBay. Happy hunting!

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old March 22nd, 2017, 11:32 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

Sales and Trades thread here. Also BoardGameGeek marketplace has some (flagrant advertising but check my signature below for my sales). Cheapest place is Craigslist but you have to be lucky at the right time.
Old April 22nd, 2017, 10:31 PM

Lord Dragonix knows what's in an order marker Lord Dragonix knows what's in an order marker

Could someone help me out? I'm having trouble locating where in the rulebook or faq it specifically says that you must attack with the same common figure that you moved with.

It's been a while since I played, but I can only find places where it seems to be implied by the working of cards like the Zombies. However, that could be seen as just a reminder that you can attack with any 3 Zombies, not just those activated by the Horde Movement.

I'm looking for something that firmly states you must attack with the figures you moved. And, related to that, where it says that you can choose to move less that a full squad of figures and save your extra attacks for any figures that didn't move.
Old April 22nd, 2017, 11:38 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

You are correct about the rules. I don't care enough to dig out chapter and verse, but there is only a handful of people on earth who have run more tournaments than I.

If you are trying to persuade someone else, that may help. If you are trying to satisfy yourself, that's all I got for you in this thread.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old April 23rd, 2017, 11:10 AM

cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Dragonix View Post
Could someone help me out? I'm having trouble locating where in the rulebook or faq it specifically says that you must attack with the same common figure that you moved with.

It's been a while since I played, but I can only find places where it seems to be implied by the working of cards like the Zombies. However, that could be seen as just a reminder that you can attack with any 3 Zombies, not just those activated by the Horde Movement.

I'm looking for something that firmly states you must attack with the figures you moved. And, related to that, where it says that you can choose to move less that a full squad of figures and save your extra attacks for any figures that didn't move.
In the FAQ, the first paragraph under Movement:
Quote:
Movement
Does each individual member of the squad move and attack before the next one, or do they all move, then all attack in turn?
First you may move any or all Squad figures shown on your chosen Army Card (up to the figure limit on that Army Card), if you want to. Then after all desired movement, you may attack with those figures.
In the D & D Rulebook, in the glossary under Common Figures:
Quote:
Common Figures: Each Army may have any number of a Common
Army Card with the same name. If your Army has two or more of the
same Common Army Card, you do not have to keep these figures
separate (that is, keep track of which figures belong to which card).
For example, if you are using two Army Cards of Deepwyrm Drow
figures, each order marker placed on either Army Card activates
any three of them. See also: Army Card, Unique Figures, and
Uncommon Figures.
There is no specific definition of "activate", but the interpretation (by the game designer and the players) has been that even if you don't move all the "figures shown on your chosen Army Card" (the number of figures), you have still "activated" the full number. The rule about movement says that those you did move are potential attackers. But that, since you did not move all you could, you have a "floating" activation for each un-moved figure that can be used for attacking also.

~Z

The influence of a frozen beef pie
My map thread
Old April 23rd, 2017, 02:05 PM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth

Pos rep to you, cmgames. Those are the exact entries and resources I was reviewing in an effort to respond. Thank you for your efforts!!!!!

A must read for all 'Scapers!
Old April 23rd, 2017, 03:27 PM

Lord Dragonix knows what's in an order marker Lord Dragonix knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmgames View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Dragonix View Post

In the FAQ, the first paragraph under Movement:
Quote:
Movement
Does each individual member of the squad move and attack before the next one, or do they all move, then all attack in turn?
First you may move any or all Squad figures shown on your chosen Army Card (up to the figure limit on that Army Card), if you want to. Then after all desired movement, you may attack with those figures.
In the D & D Rulebook, in the glossary under Common Figures:
Quote:
Common Figures: Each Army may have any number of a Common
Army Card with the same name. If your Army has two or more of the
same Common Army Card, you do not have to keep these figures
separate (that is, keep track of which figures belong to which card).
For example, if you are using two Army Cards of Deepwyrm Drow
figures, each order marker placed on either Army Card activates
any three of them. See also: Army Card, Unique Figures, and
Uncommon Figures.
There is no specific definition of "activate", but the interpretation (by the game designer and the players) has been that even if you don't move all the "figures shown on your chosen Army Card" (the number of figures), you have still "activated" the full number. The rule about movement says that those you did move are potential attackers. But that, since you did not move all you could, you have a "floating" activation for each un-moved figure that can be used for attacking also.

~Z
Thank you for the references. I am attempting to teach my wife to play Heroscape and enjoy miniatures games in general, and I wanted to have a place to point her towards to explain how common squads function. Thanks again!

Thomas Edison: Religion is all bunk.
George Carlin: Religion is just mind control.
Thomas Jefferson: It does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods or no God.

Old April 23rd, 2017, 10:49 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

@Lord Dragonix

There's a tournement coming up on Saturday if you would like to come. Depending on where you are in Ohio, you could be as little as 30 minutes away from it.

https://www.heroscapers.com/communit...ad.php?t=53653

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old April 28th, 2017, 05:07 AM

ZeusEQ is surprisingly tart

Hi,

Does "figure you control" imply that the figure is still alive and on the battlefield? I want to give a custom unit a power that works while another unit controlled by the same player is alive and on the board, so could I say "While you control a (classname), this unit bla bla bla..."? And this would make clear that as long as that (classname) is not destroyed and is on the battlefield, the power takes effect, and when that figure is destroyed (or not part of the army at all), the power does NOT take effect?

Thanks, Zeus
Old April 28th, 2017, 09:36 AM
On vacation...

Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Yes, once a figure is destroyed it no longer counts for powers as a "figure you control".

Quote:
VALIANT ARMY DEFENSE BONUS
If every Army Card you control has a Valiant personality, each soldier in the 4th Massachusetts Line receives 1 additional defense die.

- VALIANT ARMY DEFENSE BONUS : Army With Valiant and Non-Valiant Units
If my non-Valiant figures are destroyed, and only Valiant figures are left on the battlefield, can the 4th Massachusetts Line use their Valiant Army Defense Bonus?
Yes. (Hasbro FAQ)

Repaints My Maps Online Maps Customs
Q3C Custom Contests
How can you tell which kid at the playground is going to grow up to be a trombone player?
Spoiler Alert!
CoN is FuN
Old April 28th, 2017, 04:28 PM

cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

The only power I can think of that is still in effect even after the figure is destroyed is Thanos' REJECTED BY DEATH.

~Z

The influence of a frozen beef pie
My map thread
Old April 28th, 2017, 05:28 PM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmgames View Post
The only power I can think of that is still in effect even after the figure is destroyed is Thanos' REJECTED BY DEATH.
There are more.

Parmenio's Disciplined Influence continues even after his death.
The Werewolf Lord's Lycanthropy continues even after his death.
Morsbane's Rod of Negation's negation affect lasts even after his death.
Thorgrim's Warriors Armor Spirit 1
Finn's Warriors Attack Spirit 1
Eldgrim's Swiftness Spirit

not as direct:
Mika Connour's Blend into Shadow leaves permanent shadow tiles on the board.
The Nakita Agent's Smoke Powder 13 would keep other figures that were adjacent to Nakitas when the power took affect from having visible hit zones for the remainder of the turn even if all Nakitas are destroyed.

From VC:

Ebon Armor's Eternal War
Arktos's Hunter's Aim Spirit
Myrddin's Mystic Sacrifice boost still takes place if Myrrdin dies.
Beorn Boltcutter's Upgrade will continue to boost the Soulborg after Beorn dies.
Manauvi's Warrior's Charging Spirit
Bahadur's Warrior's Melee Spirit

not as direct:
Zettian Deathwing's Detonation Special Attack destroys the Deathwing before the affected figures roll defense

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's