Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Notices

Old June 24th, 2008, 04:38 PM
no baby bump - false alarm!

spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun
The Book of 10th Regiment of Foot

The Book of 10th Regiment of Foot

Defenders of Kinsland - Collection 8 - Soldiers and Wolves

If you cannot see the Army Card graphic, check Hasbro's Unit Page for stats and special powers, plus "character biography" and other non-game unit info.

Character Bio:The crackling ring of musket fire breaks against the hillside. Men fall screaming all around me. A cannon bellows out a rumbling cry in the distance.

This is our third assault on the rebels at Breed's Hill. The field is littered with our dead.
The steady gun fire is dying, becoming sporadic. Ammunitions run low on both sides. The drum beats out a command to charge. We claw our way up the hill and collide with the rebels. They have no bayonets. We quickly overwhelm them and they break into retreat.

I turn to speak to a fellow soldier on my right, thinking the rebels have dispersed. I look over just in time to see a musket ball rip through the soldier's chest. The shot comes as a sudden shock, stunned I turn, searching for its origin. I catch a glimpse of a man in a brown coat and then the butt of his musket crashes across my vision and sends me into darkness.

I reawaken in another world. Many of my injured comrades of the 10th Regiment have joined me here. Madam Durnipia has healed many from grievous wound that surely should have killed them.

(Photos courtesy of Truth )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Confred View Post
WAIT THEN FIRE
If none of the 10th Regiment of Foot move this turn, add 1 die to their attack.

MELEE DEFENSE 1
When rolling defense dice against a normal attack from an adjacent figure, a soldier in the 10th Regiment of Foot adds 1 to his defense dice.

BAYONET ATTACK 1
When rolling attack dice against an adjacent figure, a soldier in the 10th Regiment of Foot adds 1 to his attack dice. A soldier in the 10th Regiment of Foot can only use Bayonet Attack if he moved at least one space this turn.

-Rulings and Clarifications-
- WAIT THEN FIRE : Stacking Per Turn
Does Wait then Fire stack each turn I use it?
No, Wait then Fire does not stack. (Hasbro FAQ)

- WAIT THEN FIRE : Piecemeal
If I only move 2 members of my 10th Regiment Squad, may the 2 that do not move take advantage of Wait Then Fire?
No. The wording on the card states, "If none of the 10th Regiment of Foot move this turn . . ." If you move even one member of the squad, none of the 10th Regiment receive the Wait Then Fire bonus this turn. (Spiteofthedice)

- BAYONET ATTACK 1 : Modification
Is Bayonet Attack 1 subject to modification, such as by height or Taelord's Attack Aura?
Yes. Bayonet Attack 1 is itself a modifier of the 10th Regiment's normal Attack, and so it is subject to further modification. (Spiteofthedice)

-Combinations and Synergies-

Synergy Benefits Received
- MARCUS DECIMUS GALLUS : Soldier Leadership
As soldiers, the 10th Regiment of Foot can benefit from Marcus Decimus Gallus’ SOLDIER LEADERSHIP movement bonus.

- MARCUS DECIMUS GALLUS : Soldier Attack Enhancement
As soldiers, the 10th Regiment of Foot may benefit from Marcus Decimus Gallus’ SOLDIER ATTACK ENHANCEMENT Attack bonus.
Synergy Benefits Offered
- SACRED BAND : Disciplined Army Defense Bonus
Having a Disciplined personality, the 10th Regiment of Foot may aid the Sacred Band with their DISCIPLINED ARMY DEFENSE BONUS.
C3V and SoV Custom Synergies
Spoiler Alert!
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-

Power Rankings

Jexik: 10th Regiment of Foot- They're no 4th Mass, but who is? The Redcoats get better the more people play melee units. A-

OEAO: 10th Regiment of Foot- Almost as good as 4th Mass when you add Raelin. Marcus synergy is a nice way to consistently (yet predictably) get 4x4s. Vulnerable to range if they don't have Raelin... which they will. A

Cleon: Tier 9 (18/208)

dok (VC-inclusive): A

Master Index
Unit Debate #2 -- Minutemen Vs. Militia
4th>10th
10th Regiment of Foot- What's your Army Idea?

Unit Strategy Review-
  • TBA

Last edited by superfrog; March 5th, 2019 at 11:45 AM. Reason: vc added
Old June 30th, 2008, 02:00 AM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of 10th Regiment

Today I thought of a good name for Bayonet Charge. On most turns, I decided whether I wished to Wait then Fire, or Stick and Move.

I think they're a lot of fun to play. I played a couple games with these guys, Marcus, MBS, and some Romans on a map with Jungle and had a good time. I have always liked the melee do-si-do, so it's fun to have a ranged squad that can do that, as well as the WTF option.

I still think they're inferior to Valiant 4th Mass though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)
Old June 30th, 2008, 02:05 AM

Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I played these guys today. Armies:

Mine
Sujoah 185
Zelrig 370
Fyorlags (x2) 450
10th Reg (x2) 600

Opponent

Sir Denrick 100
Sir Gilbert 205
Major Q9 385
Isamu 395
Knights of Weston (x2) 535
Zetacron 595

Sujoah handled Q9, Zelrig did nothing (again), and the 10th Reg really held their own against the Knights/Champs. They work really well against melee, and their Bayonet Attack really makes them flexible. I had a lot of fun using them, as well. Me likey!
Old June 30th, 2008, 08:30 AM
no baby bump - false alarm!

spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul Shackle View Post
Sujoah handled Q9, Zelrig did nothing (again)
Don't you hate that? We just fielded Wo-Sa-Ga for the first time last game with the same result. Poor Marrworm never got the chance to do anything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul Shackle View Post
the 10th Reg really held their own against the Knights/Champs. They work really well against melee, and their Bayonet Attack really makes them flexible. I had a lot of fun using them, as well. Me likey!
Yeah, the 10th Reg were in our game too, and while they didn't hold up well against my Gurei, they were very good at dispatching a couple squads of my spiders (although the spiders aren't bad at killing them, either).

------

I love the cyclical nature of the 10th Reg, the way they fall into a sort of rhythm: Melee Attack boost, Melee Defense boost, Ranged Attack boost, Move, Melee Attack boost, Melee Defense boost . . . It plays very well and it mimics perfectly the sort of incremental advances that the colonial "soliders" would have made.

Last edited by MegaSilver; May 27th, 2012 at 09:09 PM. Reason: Added dashes to show important/neat information near end. :)
Old June 30th, 2008, 09:06 AM
Our Invaluable & Highly Esteemed Resident Chaplain

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth

I've been playing the 10th Reg. a lot lately, too; especially comparing it, mentally, to the 4th Mass. While the two squads seem very similar, they do play quite differently. The 10th really shines when it gets into the rhythm of which spiteofthedice speaks. In addition, being able to bayonet charge a couple of the squad while being also able to shoot from a distance (albeit at a mere two dice) with the other members of the squad makes for some very interesting tactics.

I like them quite a bit.

Last edited by Revdyer; June 30th, 2008 at 10:04 AM. Reason: stupidly mistyped spiteofthedice's name as spiceofthedice.
Old June 30th, 2008, 10:20 AM

Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun

So, reading the card, it looks like the 10th can run in circles around an enemy and still receive the bayonet bonus. Am I reading it correctly? Because they seemed to have avoided issues with powers like these (Valguard and Templars) It seems that it should work, but I'm having some pretty hilarious mental images of a bunch of redcoats stabbing a dragon, then running a lap around it, and stabbing it again.

Jugger

It's like football with swords or LARPing without the geeky stuff. In other words, it's awesomely perfect!
Old June 30th, 2008, 10:58 AM
Our Invaluable & Highly Esteemed Resident Chaplain

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth

Yes, Tai-Pan, that is how it works, although, in my experience, the "running around" usually involves a single hex of "still-engaged shuffle."

Last edited by MegaSilver; May 27th, 2012 at 09:09 PM.
Old June 30th, 2008, 11:04 AM

Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness

What's really cool is that if one of your 10th Reg dies, you'll (like all commons) have to bring another up. With the MM, you'd lose your WtF bonus while bringing one forward. With the 10th Reg, as long as you can move a space, you can use Bayonet Attack and keep that extra die. If the one you've brought forward is within range, he may even have himself a target to shoot at, as well.
Old August 12th, 2008, 10:41 PM

Faxanadu13 is surprisingly tart

I really want to run these guys since I now have five sets of them. I have been pondering the best 600 point army for them. I have been thinking of useing Marcus or Taelord, but its bugging me, I know there is a killer combination out there hidden in some cryptic synergy. Anyone discover what that is?

:{ ALL OF OUR TIME WE SPEND }:
:{WAITING FOR OUR SOULS TO REND}:

"WATCH OUT FOR SPRING-TAILED JUMPING SNAKES!"
Old August 12th, 2008, 10:51 PM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth

Jotun. He ends in a 5 too. Jotun + 5x Regiment of Foot = 600

Coincidence? (The funny thing is that it just might work since he rocks against Q9)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)
Old August 13th, 2008, 12:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jexik View Post
Jotun. He ends in a 5 too. Jotun + 5x Regiment of Foot = 600

Coincidence? (The funny thing is that it just might work since he rocks against Q9)
Funny you should say that. I've been battleing against a undefeated champion of our games and she uses Q9 in EVERY game! Even when I kill Q9 he leaves a deep hole in my army every time. And Jotun is a figure I rarely bring to to use. And thats only 21 figures and 22 hexs!

Old August 13th, 2008, 12:32 AM

I was actually thinking that the wolves of badru would be good personal bodyguards to the 10th. Like this:

10th foot x3 225
Wolves of Badru x2 385
Khosumet 460
Deathwalker 8k 590
Isamu 600

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units