Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Notices

Old September 18th, 2019, 12:12 PM
Don't Need Range in the Knight-time & Gencon Main Event Champion - 2018

Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death!
Re: What Board Game Are You Currently Playing?

Work is still...work but I've been playing Joan of Arc and Hexplore it when I can. The Apocalypse expansion for Joan of Arc has been great. I'm excited for the 1.5 version hitting kickstarter on October 1st.

@Raider30 mentioned Hexplore It to me back in the day when it was the original version on kickstarter. For whatever reason I didn't pay much attention to it (probably lack of minis). I recently purchased it and it has been a blast playing. The character combinations really drive the replay-ability.

Dragon Dice - (the 2nd best game there is) Learn to Play!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h3q6...wujcr8vVf8e21G
Old October 4th, 2019, 11:31 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Tried someone else's copy of Clash of Cultures, and enjoyed it. Ditto for Black Rose Wars. Also played my Red Alert.

Last edited by chas; October 10th, 2019 at 09:50 AM.
Old October 20th, 2019, 05:41 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Did two three player games of my brand new Hellenica: Story of Greece. Its a great game, and beautiful to boot, with all of the extra minis. It has many variables for great replay value too!
Old October 26th, 2019, 05:30 AM

Greatly enjoying Rurik: Dawn of Kiev. Its a new Euro which only takes 30 min. per player (1-4 Players). I don't know of any other game that uses the medieval Kievan Rus, except for Swords & Sails, which I've also been playing!

People have been fighting over Ukraine for a long time; and they still are!

For Halloween I'll be playing another's copy of Vast 2: The Haunted House. Next month I'll be trying a pal's copy of War Room, the Mega-Ultra-Maximum evolution of Axis and Allies, self published through Kickstarter by its original designer.
Old October 26th, 2019, 01:44 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Is Vast 2 by the same makers of Vast: Crystal Cavern?

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old October 26th, 2019, 04:37 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old October 26th, 2019, 06:06 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Ah, cool. That game is a pretty interesting concept (though it hasn't made the playing table for me much, sadly).

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old October 26th, 2019, 09:28 PM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

Played Black Rose Wars & really enjoyed it. It's a combination of programming, deck building & kinda area control. I played the Necromancy & for the first round was totally lost as all my spells relied on getting Undead monsters out & doing things with them. But I struggled to be able to summon them. I was killed in this first round & found myself last & behind by about 12 points (which in our game was pretty huge). The next round, with the help of some newly learnt spells, I was able to summon. But my monster & I were killed before being able to put together anything. Before the end of the round I was able to make another summon & that monster did some damage that brought me back to within 5 points of 2nd place. The rest of the game the others were just trying to contain my monsters. As I was pulling some wicked combos that awarded my lots of points. I won with 7 points clear. Definitely an enjoyable game once you get your head around the mechanics for scoring. At first I felt frustrated as my character required monsters to do things & it was a struggle with the starting spells to do what's required. As a new player I almost gave up at that point & just went through the motions. It wasn't until the learning of the new spells that allowed combos that made the initial spells make sense before I felt comfortable with the game. So it wasn't until at the 3rd round that the game clicked. Definitely recommend the game, but if playing the Necromancer you need to understand that the first round/s you are basically trying to set up for the following rounds.

Also played a 3 player game of Flick Wars. A fun dexterity game. Got my butt handed to me even though I was trying to help my target get at my attacker. The 3 player game requires some strange tactics. Although I just really suck at "flicking".
Old October 26th, 2019, 10:04 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by A3n View Post

Also played a 3 player game of Flick Wars. A fun dexterity game. Got my butt handed to me even though I was trying to help my target get at my attacker. The 3 player game requires some strange tactics. Although I just really suck at "flicking".
That's why I sold my copy of Space Pirates!

Old October 26th, 2019, 10:09 PM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taeblewalker View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by A3n View Post

That's why I sold my copy of Space Pirates!
Yeah but I better keep a game that my boys can truthfully beat me at.
Old October 27th, 2019, 04:24 AM

I am mediocre at it, but don't have any other dexterity games. That's why I took Taeblewalker's copy off his hands!
Old November 17th, 2019, 09:44 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

I played Marvel Champions LCG last night and played it again this morning solo. I played as Spiderman vs Rhino. Last night's game was my first time playing and lost, but this morning Spidey took it to Rhino and won.

Fun game. There is also Klaw and Utron as villains, as well as Black Panther, Iron Man, She-Hulk and Captain Marvel as the other heroes in the core set. Captain America, Green Goblin and The Wrecking Crew are upcoming releases, as they have a monthly release schedule.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games