Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old February 18th, 2009, 06:21 AM

Bahde knows what's in an order marker Bahde knows what's in an order marker
Vancouver WA Tournament - April 25th

Vancouver WA

Crisis Pregnancy Center

Charity Tournament

Where: St. Johns Presbyterian Church – Camas WA.(http://www.sjpc-camas.org/ )

When: Saturday, April 25th 2009
> Register @ 11:00
> Games start @ 11:30
(We should be done between 6:30-7:00.)

Entry Fee: Table Prize & Charity Donation (See Below)

Who: Anyone!!

Confirmed Attendees: 12/6
Open (13* & Up): Paul, McLeod, Quozl +1, Majestic Goat, Jake, Rdhight +1, Megadev +2, & Commander Fowl

Youth (8-12): MaryBeth, Mady, Louisa, Grand Moff Venom+1, & Commander Fowl's +1

Format:
  • 525 point armies including MARVEL – but no proxies or customs
  • 7 Rounds with computer pairings.
  • 45 minute rounds & 10 minute breaks between
  • One army – no substitutions during event.
  • Fractional Scoring – Points as tie breakers.
We are making some small but distinct changes in format from the previous events. As noted above—we will allow Marvel in this event, there are seven rounds but each round is ten minutes shorter. Our intention is to maximize the reason for playing, increasing the number of opponents and games, while maintaining a manageable amount of time. We have opted out of a championship round in the process and will work more stringently on keeping with the 10 minutes between rounds and the 45 minute rounds. We will have the time called out every 15 minutes of the round, and 5 minutes before completion. When the time is up, the players finish the turn they are on – not the round.

6 Rounds of 55 Minutes + 10 Minute Breaks = 380 minutes +/-
7 Rounds of 45 Minutes + 10 Minute Breaks = 385 minutes +/-

We will have a separate table set up for registration and reporting results from each round, hopefully it will streamline the process between rounds. We have yet to reach the stage of needing waiters/waitresses, but if we can get to over 50 people......you never know!

Any suggestions to help streamline things are appreciated.

Our last two events have been 36 and 30 people respectively. Our goal is to reach 40 this time around, and hopefully 50 by NHSD. My challenge, someone needs to sign up MORE people than Nadom this time....I want to see someone else with a +7 or +8 next to their name. J

Concessions..............Definitely – more information coming.

Charity: The Crisis Pregnancy Center Camas-Washougal. We are collecting diapers for donation to the CPC Camas-Washougal, during this time of economic struggle it could be the little help that some new mothers need to make it.

*Please note: The younger players age 11 & 12 that have extensive experience are encouraged to participate in the open division.

When signing up....please indicate whether you (or which of your guests) will be in the OPEN or YOUTH division. Thank you.

The donations will be sent to:

Crisis Pregnancy Center Of Camas/Washougal
1542 NE 3rd Ave
Camas WA 98607-2144
360-834-2829

Last edited by Bahde; April 25th, 2009 at 12:35 AM. Reason: Remove Attendee - Adjust bracket
Old February 18th, 2009, 12:35 PM
I'm Heroscape's Birthbuddy

Nadom rolls all skulls baby! Nadom rolls all skulls baby! Nadom rolls all skulls baby! Nadom rolls all skulls baby! Nadom rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Vancouver WA Tournament - April 25th

April 25th will be tricky, because that will be the last weekend of the semester for me... but count me in! Not sure how many people will be with me, but you'd best believe we're going to give anybody who tries to bring more a run for their money.
Oh, and are repaints ok? Suppose I wanted to paint an extra Swog white could I use him as Nerak? Conversely, if Melwing17 wanted to paint his Major Q10 to match his Iron Man, could he still use him as a 'normal' Q10?
(I bring up Melwing17 just because I know he actually did this...)

Last edited by Nadom; February 18th, 2009 at 12:43 PM.
Old February 18th, 2009, 01:24 PM

Melwing17 knows what's in an order marker Melwing17 knows what's in an order marker Melwing17 knows what's in an order marker

I'm there.

I'm selling a bunch of Heroscape stuff to pay for personal emergencies, please see my trade thread post: http://www.heroscapers.com/community...postcount=6803
Old February 18th, 2009, 02:12 PM

Repaints are fine - no sculpt mods though.

For the Swog/Nerak (or any other conversion) - as long as you have the correct card & info its ok.
Old February 18th, 2009, 04:55 PM
I'm Heroscape's Birthbuddy

Nadom rolls all skulls baby! Nadom rolls all skulls baby! Nadom rolls all skulls baby! Nadom rolls all skulls baby! Nadom rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bahde View Post
Repaints are fine - no sculpt mods though.

For the Swog/Nerak (or any other conversion) - as long as you have the correct card & info its ok.
Awesome! I can't promise you'll be seeing any arctic orcs, but I'm pretty sure you can bet we'll be seeing some crazy armies from my crew.
Old February 18th, 2009, 10:56 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Me and my daughter (youth division) will be there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old February 19th, 2009, 04:00 PM

Updated.
Old February 19th, 2009, 08:54 PM

2xHero knows what's in an order marker 2xHero knows what's in an order marker

Woohoo! Sign me up. I should be able to make it this time.

Nadom, Nerak is a blast to play in orc armies. That highly mobile, defensive aura helps quite a bit.

EDIT: I sent some PMs to attendees of the last couple events. I hope I didn't forget anyone.

Last edited by 2xHero; February 20th, 2009 at 09:14 PM.
Old February 20th, 2009, 09:25 PM
Embraces the Suck

rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I'm in! I may have a +1 or +2 as well, all for open division. Sounds like a good format-- I like playing Heroscape fast.

I have a Nerak repaint I'll bring if someone wants to borrow him. First come first served.

How many start spaces will we have?

Last edited by rdhight; February 20th, 2009 at 11:28 PM. Reason: mentioned my add'l players are grownups
Old February 21st, 2009, 01:03 AM

temp.nerd knows what's in an order marker temp.nerd knows what's in an order marker temp.nerd knows what's in an order marker

I am in, along with my +2 for adult, and +1 for youth. I am halfway there!
Oh, and I am getting a repainted Nerak AND Hawthorne(I aint wasting $200)

Dave Grohl + Josh Homme + John Paul Jones= awesome
Old February 21st, 2009, 01:25 AM

majestic goat knows what's in an order marker majestic goat knows what's in an order marker majestic goat knows what's in an order marker

Jake and I should be there! I'm repainting my hulk pink and giving him some bright red lipstick. Maybe give him a "Hello Kitty" tattoo to complete the look...pretty embarrassing to get beat up by that?
Old February 21st, 2009, 05:32 AM

Chuck, if you do that - I will actually buy the Hulk for you to paint. (Any excuse to get an extra Marvel set. lol)

Rdhight, I put you down for only +1 for now...let me know for sure when you can.

Also, were going with the standard 24 starting spots.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events