Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old April 10th, 2017, 02:14 PM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Speed - Design Phase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
I personally don't feel all that great about trying to skirt the rules as it relates to modifying a SA with another power. If I understand Soundwarps suggestion correctly, I like the idea of not being able to use the SA at all until a fellow rookie hero gets destroyed. That seems to fit his character well based on what I'm reading here about him being a forgettable and not very active member of the team. He just sits back with no or few OMs while the rest of the team does things, then once one of them goes down he jumps into action and uses his SA for the first time.
I meant moving the adding attack dice bit to the special attack itself, since having it in the other power is just breaking rules for no reason. I like what you're suggesting though, seems a lot more interesting, though again I'd probably open it up to triggering on any of your Unique Heroes' deaths so he's not so completely niche.

My Repaints and Mods: Updated 1-13
My Custom Cards: Updated 4-15
My Custom Superheroes: Updated 1-13
My figure images for online games:
Alliance figures, Utgar figures
My Etsy Store
Old April 11th, 2017, 10:58 AM
Who ISN'T One of My Brothers??

TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwarp SG-1 View Post
Why not just move the bit about moding the special attack to the special attack itself? You could even broaden it out to include all Heroes and not just Rookies for reusability, since the first bit of 'Young Avenger' already pretty squarely ties him into his faction. Makes a fair bit of sense that way, as most good Speedsters tend to avoid the 'make your molecules explode' type stuff until they're backed into a corner.
The wording just isn't particularly clean for that, I don't think. It works, it just feels clunky to me. I could live with it though, if everyone else likes that direction.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
I personally don't feel all that great about trying to skirt the rules as it relates to modifying a SA with another power. If I understand Soundwarps suggestion correctly, I like the idea of not being able to use the SA at all until a fellow rookie hero gets destroyed. That seems to fit his character well based on what I'm reading here about him being a forgettable and not very active member of the team. He just sits back with no or few OMs while the rest of the team does things, then once one of them goes down he jumps into action and uses his SA for the first time.
This I'm not a fan of. It would mean that two-thirds of his card is only usable for a turn or two after a figure you control is destroyed with OMs on their card. Not being able to use his SA if he's being used in cleanup seems really off to me. It's not that he's incapable of using his power, it's just that he tries harder when his team's back is against the wall.

".... the Cambridge ladies do not care, above
Cambridge if sometimes in its box of
sky lavender and cornerless, the
moon rattles like a fragment of angry candy"
Old April 11th, 2017, 11:15 AM
Power abusing superplaytester

Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death!

Quote:
MOLECULAR DESTABILIZATION SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 1. Attack 3+special.
If one or more Unique Heroes you control were destroyed this round, roll 1 additional die with this special attack. Defending figures roll 1 fewer defense die against this special attack and destructible objects roll 3 fewer defense dice against this special attack. If the defending figure is destroyed by this special attack, all figures other than Speed that were adjacent to the defending figure receive 1 wound.
It's actually not that bad on the wording, but the theme doesn't come across as clearly I think.

Personally, I'm fine with the additional die, the additional defense subtraction, or the multi-attack. I agree that not allowing him to use the SA normally feels extreme and would really limit the design.

C3G: Taking Superheroes to a Whole New Level!
C3V: The Legacy of Classic 'Scape!
Viegon & Family's Classic Customs, Maps, and Battlefield Videos.

Enjoy App Games? Try A Day in the Life of Atlas!
Old April 15th, 2017, 11:45 AM

TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun

Okay, seems most people are on board with the -1 Defense. I've updated the SP with that, a wording tweak to the SA, and changed the first power name to Reluctant Avenger. Any other thoughts before I propose for Initial?

Old April 17th, 2017, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrollBrute View Post
Okay, seems most people are on board with the -1 Defense. I've updated the SP with that, a wording tweak to the SA, and changed the first power name to Reluctant Avenger. Any other thoughts before I propose for Initial?
Guess not. I propose we move Speed to Initial testing.

@dok @Dysole @Soundwarp SG-1 any issues or concerns here?

Old April 17th, 2017, 08:13 PM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
I Feel The Need. The Need For Speed

COMPETITIVE REVIEW BOARD CHECKLIST

Competitive Concerns
Does the design offer worrisome Order marker movement or efficiency? No.

Does the design offer superior Auto wounding? Only if you end up with a common destructible object (or weak common hero) who can end up engaging a bunch of enemy figures to just die horribly.

Does the design cause the prevention of abilities (Blob, Polaris, Meteorite)? No.

Does the design move other figures? No.

Does the design boost other figures (outside of a narrowly defined set)? No.

Does the design have one or more excellent defensive powers? Superspeed isn't really defensive, but it does increase his survivability.

Does the design auto destroy or take control of other figures in a way that unbalances the design? No.

Does the design have any other concerns? I wasn't able to find a comprehensive list of Rookie Heroes. I really doubt Reluctant Avenger actually is game breaking, but I would like to see the synergy web. Also, the wording on Reluctant Avenger could be argued as redundant with the subtract a defense die. Either R&C it or change the wording so it's abundantly clear.

Summary of Any Competitive Concerns/Suggestions for Changes: Probably going to be fine. There are more damaging speedsters and he's not exactly super durable.

~Dysole, on the fast track
Old April 17th, 2017, 08:20 PM

Re: The Book of Speed - Vote for Initial

The only completed Rookies are Stature and Noh-Varr. There's also the in-testing Hawkeye. Plus there will be a 4+ others coming down the line.

Old April 17th, 2017, 08:27 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

Yea
Old April 17th, 2017, 09:14 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: I Feel The Need. The Need For Speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysole View Post
COMPETITIVE REVIEW BOARD CHECKLIST

Competitive Concerns
Does the design offer worrisome Order marker movement or efficiency? No.

Does the design offer superior Auto wounding? Only if you end up with a common destructible object (or weak common hero) who can end up engaging a bunch of enemy figures to just die horribly.

Does the design cause the prevention of abilities (Blob, Polaris, Meteorite)? No.

Does the design move other figures? No.

Does the design boost other figures (outside of a narrowly defined set)? No.

Does the design have one or more excellent defensive powers? Superspeed isn't really defensive, but it does increase his survivability.

Does the design auto destroy or take control of other figures in a way that unbalances the design? No.

Does the design have any other concerns? I wasn't able to find a comprehensive list of Rookie Heroes. I really doubt Reluctant Avenger actually is game breaking, but I would like to see the synergy web. Also, the wording on Reluctant Avenger could be argued as redundant with the subtract a defense die. Either R&C it or change the wording so it's abundantly clear.

Summary of Any Competitive Concerns/Suggestions for Changes: Probably going to be fine. There are more damaging speedsters and he's not exactly super durable.

~Dysole, on the fast track
There are a few small common DO's coming up.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old April 18th, 2017, 12:23 AM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Rookie of the Year

Okay, nothing looks gamebreaking Rookiewise. I'll keep an eye on it in the future. Speed carrying Stature and Hawkeye pinging seems fun.

As for common DOs, I'm really only worried if you can create some kind of rat effect with them. As I don't anticipate someone making that effect, I'm not super worried, but that's about the only way that SA actually becomes worrisome.

~Dysole, appreciative of the peoples who know all the little synergy webs better than she does
Old April 18th, 2017, 09:45 AM
Power abusing superplaytester

Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death!

Yea

Speed will make for a fun wacky combo with Mister Terrific (Michael) and his T-Spheres.

C3G: Taking Superheroes to a Whole New Level!
C3V: The Legacy of Classic 'Scape!
Viegon & Family's Classic Customs, Maps, and Battlefield Videos.

Enjoy App Games? Try A Day in the Life of Atlas!
Old April 18th, 2017, 12:36 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Yea

I like the DO synergy.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library