Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old May 27th, 2017, 04:43 PM
Who ISN'T One of My Brothers??

TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun
The Book of Patriot

The Book of Patriot

C3G MARVEL WAVE 27
YOUNG MARVELS

Comic PDF

Mini PDF

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Civil War Storyline set.
Its model number and name are #021 / Patriot.

Character Bio - Eli Bradley is the grandson of Isaiah Bradley and the nephew of Josiah X, both heroic super soldiers. As such, Eli was selected as a potential future Avenger by the Avengers Fail-Safe Program, despite the fact that he had no superpowers himself. When Iron Lad used the Avengers Fail-Safe Program to form a new team of teenage Avengers, Eli lied to him, claiming that he had received powers in a blood transfusion from his grandfather, and then using Mutant Growth Hormone to enhance himself.

Despite joining the Young Avengers under false pretenses, he emerged as a true hero, and in a twist of fate, he did end up getting that blood transfusion from his grandfather, turning him into a bona fide super soldier. He helped lead the Young Avengers for years, but he quit the team - and superheroing altogether - after the deaths of Vision and Stature.

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • N/A

-Combinations and Synergies-

Incoming Synergy:Outgoing Synergy:
  • Patriot's Rookie Tactician special powers allows friendly adjacent Rookies to add to their Attack and Defense numbers. Current Rookies.
Immunities, Benefits, and Weaknesses:_________________________________________________________________

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
  • N/A
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-
  • Initial playtest: Ronin (tested at 150, lowered to 140 for further testing)
  • Second playtest: Arkham
  • Third playtest: Tornado
  • Fourth playtest: Soundwarp SG-1
  • Art: Comic, Figure, Background
  • Art by Arkham
  • Patriot created by Allan Heinberg and Jim Cheung
  • Comic art by Jim Cheung

".... the Cambridge ladies do not care, above
Cambridge if sometimes in its box of
sky lavender and cornerless, the
moon rattles like a fragment of angry candy"

Last edited by Splash; August 5th, 2022 at 10:29 PM. Reason: png
Old May 27th, 2017, 04:51 PM

TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: The Book of Patriot - Design Phase

NAME = PATRIOT
SECRET IDENTITY = ELIJAH BRADLEY

SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = ROOKIE
PERSONALITY = BRASH

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 4

LIFE = 5

MOVE = 6
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 5
DEFENSE = 4

POINTS = 140

ROOKIE TACTICIAN
Rookie figures you control adjacent to Patriot add 1 die to their normal attack and 1 die to their defense.

THROWING STARS SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 4. Attack 3.
When Patriot attacks with this special attack, he may attack 2 additional times. He cannot attack the same figure more than once.

ONE SHIELD DEFENSE
When rolling defense dice, if Patriot rolls at least one shield, the most wounds Patriot can take from this attack is one.

Last edited by Ronin; March 17th, 2018 at 09:43 AM. Reason: Capitalization
Old May 27th, 2017, 04:55 PM

[this space reserved for art options]

Fairly settled with the write-up here. He's got a Tacician power, a multi-attack SA, and a shield power, all to match Cap, but weaker versions.

Open to quibbling on stats for sure. Also couldn't decide on a personality and haven't read the original issues in a while. Open to suggestions there.

Old May 27th, 2017, 05:12 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

When I saw the PM I thought you had decided to run the Mace character that had been on AoS this season. I was really surprised but now that I see the thread it all makes more sense now. Write up looks pretty good to me, I don't see any issues or have anything to add here.
Old May 28th, 2017, 10:48 AM
Power abusing superplaytester

Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death!

I like the design, powers look good as-is.

Would 5 attack be fitting for him? I can't remember quite how strong he was supposed to be.

C3G: Taking Superheroes to a Whole New Level!
C3V: The Legacy of Classic 'Scape!
Viegon & Family's Classic Customs, Maps, and Battlefield Videos.

Enjoy App Games? Try A Day in the Life of Atlas!
Old May 29th, 2017, 12:16 AM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

Does he use Throwing Stars all that often? It's not something I really remember him doing but, like you, it's been a while. Rookie Tactician and One Shield Defense are both solid, simple powers.

I'm fine starting with 6/1/4/4 for stats and tweaking as necessary. He's got room for flex in testing.

Personality ideas: Brash, Determined, Ambitious, Passionate, Dauntless, Resolute, Loyal. Mostly thinking of the whole "willing to pump himself full of drugs in order to live up to the mantle" thing, which is probably his defining character moment.
Old May 29th, 2017, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viegon View Post
Would 5 attack be fitting for him? I can't remember quite how strong he was supposed to be.
Maybe. I had 5/5 stats on the earlier write-up, but it felt too​ high.
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post
Does he use Throwing Stars all that often? It's not something I really remember him doing but, like you, it's been a while. Rookie Tactician and One Shield Defense are both solid, simple powers.

I'm fine starting with 6/1/4/4 for stats and tweaking as necessary. He's got room for flex in testing.

Personality ideas: Brash, Determined, Ambitious, Passionate, Dauntless, Resolute, Loyal. Mostly thinking of the whole "willing to pump himself full of drugs in order to live up to the mantle" thing, which is probably his defining character moment.
It has been a while, but I remember him using the stars fairly often. I like it at least for the Cap parallel.

I like Brash or Passionate for Personality.

Old May 29th, 2017, 02:43 PM
More Interesting Than He Actually Is

Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Does Patriot ricochet the stars like Cap does his shield? If not, I'd probably drop the number of attacks by 1 if you want to keep his value down.

US Agent is 5 Attack 4 defense. I don't see Patriot being particularly more of an effective fighter than US Agent, but I don't know much about him either.

C3G Needs You! Interested in playtesting? Want to playtest?
Humbled to have been a C3G Hero!
Old June 5th, 2017, 07:39 PM

Yeah, I think 4/4 is a good place to start for stats. I'm keeping that, and also updating the SP with Brash.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margloth View Post
Does Patriot ricochet the stars like Cap does his shield? If not, I'd probably drop the number of attacks by 1 if you want to keep his value down.
He doesn't richochet them, but he throws a bunch at a time, Batman-style, as I recall.

Old June 5th, 2017, 08:11 PM
Power abusing superplaytester

Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death!

Should he be Patriotic? Uncle Sam synergy seems thematic.

C3G: Taking Superheroes to a Whole New Level!
C3V: The Legacy of Classic 'Scape!
Viegon & Family's Classic Customs, Maps, and Battlefield Videos.

Enjoy App Games? Try A Day in the Life of Atlas!
Old June 5th, 2017, 08:15 PM

I don't recall him being all that Patriotic, but now that you mention it, Patriot not being Patriotic seems a little silly.

Old January 8th, 2018, 08:21 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

I think Brash makes more sense here than Patriotic. He takes on the patriotic persona mainly to honor his grandfather, rather than out of love for his country. He struggles a little bit with how he feels about his country and what patriotism means. He's definitely very brash, though.

I feel like the design pretty much nails it, but does anyone have any thoughts here? Figured I should get him back on people's radar before I started trying to move him along to an initial test.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library