Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel Discussion
Marvel Discussion General discussion, units, rules & FAQs specific to Marvel HS

Notices

Old August 23rd, 2010, 07:26 PM
Drink Burt's Beer

davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death!
Re: The Helmiverse vs C3G rematch (ongoing)

High in the sky, the Fantastic Four’s Pogo Plane glided along towards its programmed destination. Reed Richards had the map of the Flash Fire battlefield spread out on his lap. The map was littered with symbols, notes, and numbers scrawled from Reed’s long planning session.

“So if we’re not going for the glyphs,” Johnny suggested, “I guess we’re going straight for Professor X.”

“No, not this time.” Reed explained. “Our problem in the last battle is that we sent the light fighters against the heavy fighters, and saved the heavy hitters for the soft targets. Listen, Johnny, you need to learn to take better advantage of your range ability. Stay back, and fire from distance. Ben, you stick within sight of Johnny so your Clobberin’ Time has a better chance to kick in.”

“Good. I’m tired of sittin’ on the ground why you guys have all the fun.”

Reed continued. “Now, listen carefully. I think we should focus all of our power against one person at a time. We’ve been spreading out our attacks too much. We’ll need to spread our order markers. I’ll take X, because my Teammate Attack Bonus is valuable. Susan, be careful. Your Team Force Field doesn’t work against special attacks, and there are several special abilities that don’t require hit zones. If we can soften the heavies, we’ll have several wounds on us. Save yourself for the big finish.”

“Do you think we can do it this time?” Susan asked.

Reed smiled. “Last time, we didn’t have any luck. This time, we’ll bring our own.”

To be continued…
Old August 23rd, 2010, 07:56 PM
Drink Burt's Beer

davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death!
Re: The Helmiverse vs C3G rematch (Planning: Part 1)

Professor Xavier grabbed the table after the truck took another bump.

“That driver needs to slow down. We’re trying not to draw attention to ourselves. Angel, go talk to him.”

“You’ve got it.” Angel walked towards the front of the truck, while Professor X and Jean Grey remained at the table where the maps and diagrams were spread.

“Jean, I have some good news for you. David took another look at your Psionic Grip ability, consulted the Books section online, and discovered that you can use this ability to stop anyone within 4 clear sight spaces from moving with a roll of 12 or higher.”

“But I thought that only worked against figured being moved by another figures’ abilities.” Jean countered. “The ability says, ‘may not be moved.’ That suggests the movement applies as the object to an action, not the movement itself.”

“Yes, that’s what David thought. But look at the first part: ‘Any time an opponent.’ It doesn’t say ‘opponent’s figure.’”

“Wow, I guess that makes sense.”

“Gosh,” Iceman exclaimed as he stepped out of the meat freezer, munching on a frozen hamburger patty. “It sure feels good in there! Good idea using a fast food delivery 18-wheeler for cover.”

“Well, if we’re marching into another ambush, we need to wait until the last minute before making our appearance. I wonder if Cyclops and Beast have completed their analysis of the glyph situation,” Professor X said.

Angel appeared from the front; along with Cyclops and Beast, who were still intensely having a discussion.

“Iceman, where have you been?” Cyclops asked, interrupting himself.

“Um,” Iceman swallowed, “where else? In the freezer.”

Cyclops rolled his eyes. “Listen, we’re almost at our target. I need to go over a few things with you; but Beast, why don’t you explain the glyph situation.”

“Certainly. We have a pool of six glyphs, with only three being randomly selected for the battlefield. Two of those six, the Glyph of Smilex and the Glyph of Time Bomb, are deadly. According to my calculations, there’s too much of a risk to go after them.”

“What about the Loot?” Angel asked.

“Matt just scrawled a note saying we’d find out when we opened it.” Beast answered.

“Great,” Iceman rolled his eyes.

“Let’s not take any chances on any more traps,” Cyclops stated. “Two ambushes are enough for me. Professor X, why don’t you let me have some of those order markers?”

“Two activations without any clear sight requirements is too valuable an advantage to give up.”

“You’re right, as usual. But you’re going to be in the open more on this map. Angel, you need to stick real close to the Professor. Since I’ve been taken out so easily in the past, I’m going to hold back at a greater distance this time. These trees aren’t going to give my Optic Blast Special Attack any range. As for everybody else, we stick to the same plan. Only a fool changes a proven plan.”

“Unless that proven plan makes one predictable,” Professor X countered. “But for now, I agree with you.”

The truck gradually slowed, then sped up again, shifting everyone in the trailer around. Angel grabbed Xavier’s wheelchair before it could slam into the wall.

“And that,” Professor X barked, “was a stupid idea for a signal that we’re approaching our target point.”

“About time,” Iceman muttered. “I’m sick of all this exposition. I’m ready to fight!”

To be continued…
Old August 23rd, 2010, 09:13 PM
Drink Burt's Beer

Re: The Helmiverse vs C3G rematch (Planning: Part 2)

Round 1

Order Markers: Thing (1) / Human Torch (2) / Mr. Fantastic (3/X) // Professor X (1/2/3/X)

Initiative: FF (13) / X-Men ( 8 )

“It’s about time we started getting some luck,” Thing said. “Let’s go!”

FF Turn 1: Reckless Teammate (6)

Thing moves up the road towards the right at the head of the bridge. “I need some mobility. Ah, this rock feels so good beneath my feet!”

“Well, that’s different,” Beast observed. “Normally, the Human Torch goes first.”

“Watch yourselves, everybody!” Professor X called. “Remember what I said about being predictable.”

X-Men Turn 1a: Professor X Mindlinks Angel.

“Where do you want to set up?” Angel asks.

“Right behind that big tree.”

“No problem!”

X-Men Turn 1b: Professor X Mindlinks Cyclops.

“Why would Thing put himself where I have a clear shot at him. Well, I’ll hold at range 8 and fire with my normal attack.”

Normal attack (4 dice) vs. Thing (7+1): 2 skulls vs 2 shields

“That was too close for rolling 8 dice,” Thing groaned. “This just isn’t my game.”

FF Turn 2: Human Torch (no Reckless Teammate)

“Wow, Cyclops put himself right out of range where I can attack from in front of Thing. I’d best heed Reed’s advice and stay clear for now. Besides, Professor X still has the X marker to cancel my attack. It’s all about positioning now.” Human Torch moves beside tree 2 spaces from Thing. “Can you see me, buddy?”

“Looking good!”

X-Men Turn 2a: Professor X Mindlinks Cyclops

Spoiler Alert!

“Well, Thing, if you’re just going to sit there, I guess I’ll move up one to use my Optic Blast. That’ll give me an extra die.”

Optic Blast (5) vs. Thing (7+1): 3 skulls vs 6 shields.

“Stay positive,” Reed called. “I told you we would bring our own luck!”

“Tell me that after we’ve won!”

X-Men Turn 2b: Professor X Mindlinks Iceman

“Too bad this isn’t an ice map. Still, I have some ice of my own. Look out for Vanilla Ice-Ice-Baby!”

Iceman Ice Slides towards the right, to the head of the bridge.

“Darned trees. I’ll need to move forward next time.”

FF Turn 3: Reckless Teammate (13)

“Johnny, don’t get jumpy. Stick with the plan!”

“Hey, I wasn’t anywhere near an 18.”

“If I use my Stretch, I can put myself between you and Thing, and still have range to give the Invisible Woman a turn.” Mr. Fantastic moves behind tree, between Human Torch and Thing. “Go ahead, Honey!”

“Thanks! Do you want me to move away in the opposite direction or backwards?”

“Negative. For now, you’ll be hidden over here with us.”

“Hey,” Johnny argued. “If you’re not careful, you’re going to box us in a corner!”

“All the better to fight our way out!” Thing bellowed. “Hey, Stretch, I think I like this plan!”

X-Men Turn 3a: Professor X Mindlinks Cyclops.

“Like shooting fish in a barrel. Still, I’m not sure what they’re up to. It seems foolish to pin themselves to the edge of the map like that without any maneuvering room. Well, better take this shot while it’s open.”

Optic Blast (5) vs Thing (7+1): 2 skulls vs 3 shields

X-Men Turn 3b: Professor X Mindlinks Iceman.

“Thanks, Chief! I need to move forward a bit to cover the bridge for you guys!”

End of Round 1.

“Well, that didn’t go anywhere,” Iceman muttered.

“They’re not charging,” Cyclops observed. “They’re getting smart, if they can keep from getting pinned at the edge.”

"They wouldn't be foolish enough to go for that glyph, would they?" Beast asked.

"Better they take the chance than us," Cyclops replied.

On the other side, Johnny complained, “This Peek-a-Boo sucks!”

“Did you want to defend against those shots from Cyclops? That’s how you took wounds last time. Look at Iceman – he’s the only one outside Professor X’s Psychic Defense.” Reed explained.

Johnny simply saluted sarcastically and waited.

Spoiler Alert!

That’s all for tonight. To be continued…

Last edited by davidlhsl; August 23rd, 2010 at 10:26 PM.
Old August 23rd, 2010, 10:50 PM

Longy418 rolls all skulls baby! Longy418 rolls all skulls baby! Longy418 rolls all skulls baby! Longy418 rolls all skulls baby! Longy418 rolls all skulls baby!
Re: The Helmiverse vs C3G rematch (Round 1)

Very entertaining report, nice creativity.
Old August 24th, 2010, 08:46 AM
Drink Burt's Beer

Re: The Helmiverse vs C3G rematch (Round 1)

Round 2

“So how do you want to handle the orders?” Johnny asked.

Reed thought for a moment. “Iceman is out in the open. Since I said we’d focus on one person at a time, I’d hate selecting a target that only one of us could attack. But we’re not currently engaging with anyone else, and Iceman’s a heavy hitter. I think you should go for it.”

“Roger! I’ll go around…”

“No,” Reed interrupted. “You can still take a shot and still be close to us. We may still need you if Beast charges us.”

The Human Torch fidgeted nervously. “C’mon, we need initiative again.”

Order Markers: Human Torch (1/2) / Mr. Fantastic (3/X) // Professor X (1/2/3/X)
Initiative: FF ( 8 ) / X-Men (10)

X-Men Turn 1a: Professor X Mindlinks Angel.

“Angel, put me behind that other tree where my Psychic Defense has better range.”

“But that would also pin us to the edge of the map,” Cyclops argued.

“No, there’s more of us than there are of them.”

“You got it, Professor,” Angel agreed.

X-Men Turn 1b: Professor X Mindlinks Jean Grey

“Jean, come over here. We’ll need you.”

Jean moves onto the road two spaces behind Professor X. “Perhaps I can move farther,” Jean thought, as she focused her mind.

Telekinesis Jean Grey: 11 – just missed.

FF Turn 1: Human Torch (no Reckless Teammate)

“I guess we didn’t need initiative after all!” Johnny exclaimed. “Let’s melt some ice!” The Human Torch had considered going around to the far left, but he remembered Reed’s orders. “Hey, I can still hit him from here, and I even have height advantage!”

Spoiler Alert!

“Hey, Frosty! How about some heat?!”

“Rats! You do know that melted ice makes water, and water puts out fire!” Iceman yelled back.

“Not if I put out enough heat to evaporate it first! Take THAT!!!” Johnny hurled a ball of fire towards Iceman.

Normal attack (5+1 dice) vs Iceman (5d): 5 skulls vs 1 shield = 4 wounds = KO!

“Aaaaaaagh…SSSSSSsssssssss……”

Spoiler Alert!

“HOLY CRAP!” Cyclops roared. “We lost Iceman!”

Meanwhile, the Human Torch celebrated. “One down; five to go!”

To be continued…

Last edited by davidlhsl; August 24th, 2010 at 09:23 AM.
Old August 24th, 2010, 08:57 AM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth
Re: The Helmiverse vs C3G rematch (Round 2 Pt 1)

Love your use of the Fire Elemental!
Old August 24th, 2010, 11:51 AM
Name's Ash... Housewares

Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun

Can't wait to read the rest of this.
Old August 24th, 2010, 12:06 PM
Drink Burt's Beer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balantai View Post
Can't wait to read the rest of this.
Me neither, and I'm the one playing this!
Old August 24th, 2010, 12:25 PM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

Great report! Fun to read, and C3G won.
Old August 24th, 2010, 12:46 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Awesome report and cool thread. Keep up the good work.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old August 24th, 2010, 12:56 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Heh - fun read - I can't wait to see if the Fan Four evens the score and what "Coach Helm" has to say post match.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old August 24th, 2010, 01:22 PM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Heh - fun read - I can't wait to see if the Fan Four evens the score and what "Coach Helm" has to say post match.
I am more looking forward to the reports that will be coming in with the C3G X-Men VS the C3G Fan Four.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel Discussion