Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old August 9th, 2007, 09:20 PM

peeps has disabled reputation
How about a Rock set?

I have an idea I wanted some feedback on.I was going to write to Hasbro about it,but I'm thinking it may fall on deaf ears.But I figuire why not ask you all what you think?

I was thinking maybe HS should have a Rock set...Something in the relm of the castle set size which would include....

1.A cliff.How many times I thought about how the tiles stack upward,and kept looking at the ladders and how they slide into the castle wall pieces.So it got me thinking maybe they could make some sort of section that would have, a 4 hex base,say maybe 2 sections high X 2 sections wide(castle wall size),with a 4 hex top? Put a design on the outer section,and that neat slide type back to it?On the outer design side they could put various little "foot grabs" like they have on the ladders molded in.
2.Some various 1 hex rocks.Maybe 3-5 tiles high type? Just for another color and flavor.
3.A campfire. It can be small.Many RPG's i've played over the years all involved you,"making camp".Why not throw that in?
4.A molded cliff,like above,but with a waterfall already molded into it?

Just a few thoughts on the cliff.....I was thinking about trying to make some sort of proto-type.If I do,i'll pop it in the terrain section!
Just let me know what you think.Thanx for your time!!

"There is no I in TEAM,but there is in SHOWTIME"
Old August 9th, 2007, 09:36 PM
Forum Moderator

ChilliDog rolls all skulls baby! ChilliDog rolls all skulls baby! ChilliDog rolls all skulls baby! ChilliDog rolls all skulls baby!
When I read the title all I could think about was D-dyzzle and his custom rock terrain.

Anyway I think that sounds really neat! I'd love to play something like that, and have always wanted a giant cliff with some way to throw people off

I'm sure it would look pretty cool, and it would definitely fit in with what's going on in Thormun's Journal right now. They just trekked through mountains and attacked a camp.

Very cool ideas, peeps! Can't wait to see the prototype, if/when you make it!

Guess who's back, back again? Chilli's back. Tell Skahen.
Old August 9th, 2007, 09:37 PM

zanter knows what's in an order marker zanter knows what's in an order marker zanter knows what's in an order marker
good ideas! id buy it! mabie there could be a cave in the cliff, or a landslide power......the footholds are a must.

I do art. Check it out.

http://insanelyzanter.deviantart.com/
Old August 9th, 2007, 09:40 PM

STAROCEAN980 knows what's in an order marker STAROCEAN980 knows what's in an order marker
Thats a great idea peeps. I think you should E-mail it to Hasbro anyway, it's worth a shot.

My maps:

R.I.P. Ugly-Caco
Old August 9th, 2007, 09:47 PM

Scape_Scrub11 has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChilliDog
When I read the title all I could think about was D-dyzzle and his custom rock terrain.
I remember that
Old August 9th, 2007, 09:54 PM
has been BANNED

jcb231 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
It's a good idea. I'd buy a rock set of some sort.

E-mailing it to Hasbro though is a waste of your time. They do not accept unsolicited designs. I doubt anyone would even read it, except perhaps to skim it and see if you were writing to complain about something. It would be as good as e-mailing it to your dog.

The idea has legs though...it could make for interesting customs, at the very least. I'd run with it if you have the skills to mock it up and try it in your home games.
Old August 9th, 2007, 11:08 PM

DeadEye is surprisingly tart
Good idea...i would buy it

DeadEye
Old August 10th, 2007, 01:07 AM

Will T is surprisingly tart
You have some good ideas. It made me think of this:

Build a cliff out of conventional hexes, say, 15 levels high and then place single ladder pieces at various heights along the cliff face. If you had three ladder pieces placed in the same vertical line, at heights of 4, 8, and 12, a height 5 figure would be able to scale the cliff in 4 turns. Does anybody understand what I am saying?
Old August 10th, 2007, 01:08 AM
Forum Moderator

ChilliDog rolls all skulls baby! ChilliDog rolls all skulls baby! ChilliDog rolls all skulls baby! ChilliDog rolls all skulls baby!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Will T
You have some good ideas. It made me think of this:

Build a cliff out of conventional hexes, say, 15 levels high and then place single ladder pieces at various heights along the cliff face. If you had three ladder pieces placed in the same vertical line, at heights of 4, 8, and 12, a height 5 figure would be able to scale the cliff in 4 turns. Does anybody understand what I am saying?
Yes indeed, that sounds like something I might just go and try out right now.

Guess who's back, back again? Chilli's back. Tell Skahen.
Old August 10th, 2007, 07:25 AM

Ted has disabled reputation
It sounds like a good idea. But all terrain packs should come with some kind of creature/squad. Well all except the FOTA. You could have a rock creature that is stronger on rock terrain.

I was always hoping that they would release a figure/squad that related to each of the terrians. So far it looks as if this is never going to happen. For the grass terrain you could have a cat or a catlike humanoid who gat a move bonus on this terrain. On the sand you could have a squad that had either the ability to clone or have increased range for a sand blast special attack. Just a thought.
Old August 10th, 2007, 07:47 AM

Ugly-Caco rolls all skulls baby! Ugly-Caco rolls all skulls baby! Ugly-Caco rolls all skulls baby! Ugly-Caco rolls all skulls baby!
Rock Set or Rock Show Set:

Stage
Amplifiers (Destructible objects)
Rockstars (Heroes)
Roadies (Squad)
Security (Hero and squad)
Groupies (Squad)

Old August 10th, 2007, 09:59 AM

peeps has disabled reputation
Well thanx for the input!! As far as a rock creature type that is good on rock spaces,VERY good idea! Didn't think of that myself.Maybe he gets a "hurl rock throw" type special when hes on a rock or road tile?

Also,I had a feeling about mailing it to Hasbro.Now i'm thinking maybe just sculpt it up myself and possibly make a few for friends. I have been doing home improvements since I was 15,and way before that pretty good with lego's.I also played the AD&D version reffered to as "Battlesystems" where you craft your own terrain and use miniatures,so I'm somewhat gifted on modding things up. Just so everyone knows I started work on it yesterday,and I'd say it's 40% done.As soon as i'm finished I'll put it on the customs board.Of course as soon as I figuire out why I can't upload here for some reason? LOL

I tried the footgrab thing,but ended up doing jutted out steps,it's about 4 hex wide by 16 high.Each step requires exactly a 3 move to get to the next.

"There is no I in TEAM,but there is in SHOWTIME"

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion