Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion
Competitive Armies Discussion Discuss, critique, and build ideas for tournament-caliber armies.

Notices

Old August 11th, 2011, 12:45 AM

TheExplodingCheez knows what's in an order marker TheExplodingCheez knows what's in an order marker
Character Combos/Synergy

What players can you find who work good together? (besides the obvious: bonding, etc.) Here are some of my favorite:

Finn/Brunak - Brunak carries Finn around and thus always gets Finn's ATK bonus

Thorgrim and Raelin (RotV)/Izumi Samurai - Since the Izumi samurai have counter strike, it's good to raise their DFS with Thorgrim and Raelin. With 8 DFS and CS, no one will want to attack them! This also works with Kaemon Awa, Charos, and anyone else with counter strike.

Sargent Drake Alexander/Izumi Samurai - This one is a bit of a stretch, but Drake has Thornian Speed and thus must be attacked by an adjacent figure. Lure ranged guys in with Drake, then surround them with the Izumi Samurai, forcing your opponent to attack them (this works especially well with the above combo where the samurai have higher DFS).

Finn/Migol Ironwill - Increase Migol's ATK with Finn, and you are essentially giving him 2 potential more skulls because of deadly strike. This also works with other uniques with deadly strike.

What other combos can you come up with? Tell us below!

My Satirical Strategy Review (dedz to Bothi, stay tuned for more!)

~TheCheez
Old August 12th, 2011, 06:45 PM

TheExplodingCheez knows what's in an order marker TheExplodingCheez knows what's in an order marker
Re: Character Combos/Synergy

I found a new one. Tul Bak Ra/Nilfeim-Tul bak ra can hide behind nilfeim's wings. TBR does not need a clear line of sight for his special attack, so he can attack through Nilfeim.

My Satirical Strategy Review (dedz to Bothi, stay tuned for more!)

~TheCheez
Old August 12th, 2011, 08:03 PM

Shockma Ranyk rolls all skulls baby! Shockma Ranyk rolls all skulls baby! Shockma Ranyk rolls all skulls baby! Shockma Ranyk rolls all skulls baby! Shockma Ranyk rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheExplodingCheez View Post
What players can you find who work good together? (besides the obvious: bonding, etc.) Here are some of my favorite:

Finn/Brunak - Brunak carries Finn around and thus always gets Finn's ATK bonus

Thorgrim and Raelin (RotV)/Izumi Samurai - Since the Izumi samurai have counter strike, it's good to raise their DFS with Thorgrim and Raelin. With 8 DFS and CS, no one will want to attack them! This also works with Kaemon Awa, Charos, and anyone else with counter strike.

Sargent Drake Alexander/Izumi Samurai - This one is a bit of a stretch, but Drake has Thornian Speed and thus must be attacked by an adjacent figure. Lure ranged guys in with Drake, then surround them with the Izumi Samurai, forcing your opponent to attack them (this works especially well with the above combo where the samurai have higher DFS).

Finn/Migol Ironwill - Increase Migol's ATK with Finn, and you are essentially giving him 2 potential more skulls because of deadly strike. This also works with other uniques with deadly strike.

What other combos can you come up with? Tell us below!
The Izumi are just easily picked off by range.
Old August 12th, 2011, 08:54 PM

Charr21 Woo who?

One that I like to do is a Warforged/Fen Hydra. Keep the Hydra back while the Warforged Tactical Switch and hold up the enemy. Then when the Warforged are about to be destroyed, send Hydra in to eat everyone up. You could also substitute Warforged for Rats, but I prefer Warforged since they can actually do some damage.

The best thing to say when your best unit has been destroyed:

What is this?
Old August 12th, 2011, 11:18 PM

Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby!

PKs + 10th. 'Nuff said.

Spoiler Alert!
Old August 13th, 2011, 03:31 PM
This is genius...

The Disciplined Soldier knows what's in an order marker The Disciplined Soldier knows what's in an order marker

Realin(RoTV) and DW9K. 11 defense dice.

Einar is the best general... End of argument...
Old August 13th, 2011, 04:44 PM

Su-Bak-Na knows what's in an order marker Su-Bak-Na knows what's in an order marker

Mika Connour and DeathWalker 9000 is a fun combo to mess around with. Mika places a shadow tile on height for DW9K, and then he places his big metal behind down and camps. It's nothing revolutionary and it definately isn't competative enough for tourney play, but it will be fun up until DW9K's inevitable wiff on a defense roll.

The Realin and Brunak combo has always been one of my favorites. It's just plain fun. Brunak's defnse will be high enough that nearly all the attacks will be focused on Realin allowing for Brunak's offensive potential to really shine.

Another good combo is Saylind and Q9. Just teleport Q9 and Laglor up to the highest spot on the map. Then watch as your oponent cries violently.

Never negotiate the truth. - Serj Tankian

Trade List: Please contact with offers. http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ostcount=10010

Last edited by Su-Bak-Na; August 13th, 2011 at 04:50 PM.
Old August 14th, 2011, 09:50 AM
This is genius...

The Disciplined Soldier knows what's in an order marker The Disciplined Soldier knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Disciplined Soldier View Post
Realin(RoTV) and DW9K. 11 defense dice.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Su-Bak-Na View Post
Mika Connour and DeathWalker 9000 is a fun combo to mess around with. Mika places a shadow tile on height for DW9K, and then he places his big metal behind down and camps. It's nothing revolutionary and it definately isn't competative enough for tourney play, but it will be fun up until DW9K's inevitable wiff on a defense roll.

The Realin and Brunak combo has always been one of my favorites. It's just plain fun. Brunak's defnse will be high enough that nearly all the attacks will be focused on Realin allowing for Brunak's offensive potential to really shine.

Another good combo is Saylind and Q9. Just teleport Q9 and Laglor up to the highest spot on the map. Then watch as your oponent cries violently.

I usually groaned when the opposing player would pull the Raelin, DW9K combo. It took me forever to take get rid of them and then in the meantime can get infantry into position. Because you can see that this combo is deadly to you, you get distracted by it.

Einar is the best general... End of argument...
Old May 4th, 2021, 07:57 PM

Krug4lyfe is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

They have 5 defense tho?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion