Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Notices

Old August 15th, 2011, 01:40 PM

fuzzyfoot is surprisingly tart
Documentary about Heroscape

Hello, I am a filmmaker based out in LA and am a huge Heroscape fan. It occurred to me just the other day that with the fall of this amazing game recently that now would be the time to make a documentary about board games showcasing Heroscape in it's attempted main streaming, rise, sell off, and in the end it's fall, fandom and how it has carried on since then.

Getting this project done, in my and other filmmakers opinions, we would be able to bring the declination to light and hopefully get the game back in production as well as inform the public about such an amazing past time.

If you would like to help our cause let me know. We are currently finding investors and are asking anyone interested to help us out.

Let me know what you guys think of this.

Fuzzy

Last edited by fuzzyfoot; August 15th, 2011 at 01:40 PM. Reason: spelling
Old August 15th, 2011, 01:53 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth
Re: Documentary about Heroscape

Cool if real. So you are focusing on boardgames in general, but is it going to be using Heroscape as a chapter or small part of the move, or would it be basically as a Case study where Heroscape is the main focus?
Old August 15th, 2011, 02:12 PM

It's still in the planning stages, but it is very much real. Really the project came out of our love for Heroscape so the direction we are pushing the project would be the latter. Yes it would cover gaming in general, since we have to start somewhere, but we would then dive in to Heroscape and use it as sort of an anchor point to how creative the game can make people think, how different it is from the common games, monopoly risk and such, and how fandom is created and sustained to the point of user created content which also feeds into the creativity side of the game, and lastly how fandom prevails in the face of adversity after the companies who make the game close up shop on it.

We are also trying to work in how board games stimulate socialization and people skills where the current fad of video games does not.

Like I said, any help would be appreciated. I have been on this site for about a year, just finally registered today, so I know how you guys continue to make the game flourish with new creative customs. So if you guys have any ideas for the story, please feel free to write them here. If anyone wants to be interviewed about Heroscape or the gaming industry itself let us know.

The more we have pre-planned, the easier it will be to get investors involved in our project.
Old August 15th, 2011, 02:53 PM

ElvenEnvy knows what's in an order marker ElvenEnvy knows what's in an order marker ElvenEnvy knows what's in an order marker

I would definitely like to see this come to fruition.
Old August 15th, 2011, 03:35 PM

The CEE rolls all skulls baby! The CEE rolls all skulls baby! The CEE rolls all skulls baby! The CEE rolls all skulls baby! The CEE rolls all skulls baby! The CEE rolls all skulls baby!

Just to you know, this thread doesn't really belong in the events section. If this film does come into production, I'm sure all of us here on Heroscapers.com would love to see it.
Old August 15th, 2011, 04:32 PM

Well I didn't really know where to put it. Movies seems to be cluttered with other topics, and since this about Heroscape this seemed, at least at the time, the best place to put it.

I'm happy to see some support already. It's only going to strengthen our resolve to make this doc a sight to behold.
Old August 15th, 2011, 04:54 PM
displays Schultzian haplessness

gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by The CEE View Post
Just to you know, this thread doesn't really belong in the events section. If this film does come into production, I'm sure all of us here on Heroscapers.com would love to see it.

Agreed on both counts.

Your curiosity will be the death of you....
Old August 15th, 2011, 06:14 PM

The CEE rolls all skulls baby! The CEE rolls all skulls baby! The CEE rolls all skulls baby! The CEE rolls all skulls baby! The CEE rolls all skulls baby! The CEE rolls all skulls baby!

If you could send a private message to a site admin I am sure they would be able to move the thread. My guess would be it is most appropriate to have this thread in the Heroscape general discussion section. As an added bonus, more people would probably notice your project if it was posted there instead.
Old August 15th, 2011, 06:34 PM
Beautiful Colby

truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Sounds like a great way to pay homage to something you love.
Old August 15th, 2011, 06:37 PM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth

I'd be up for being interviewed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)
Old August 15th, 2011, 06:39 PM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!

I would love to see the actual decision makers talk about what they did and why. I don't know how hard that would be to track down individuals even if they would agree to even off camera quotes. Of course it would be like 4 hours if it had everything I wanted.
Old August 15th, 2011, 06:48 PM

Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness

NHSD is coming up .... good time to get some great footage of heroscapers playing. You are welcome to attend the Tree Town Open, we currently have 55 registered and I would think by October 15th we should end up with around 60 players in attendence.

Tree Town Open

Austi-Con / Austin MN
Saturday - October , 2023

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion