Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old July 20th, 2018, 10:34 AM

Darth Vader wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darth Vader wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darth Vader wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darth Vader wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darth Vader wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darth Vader wears ripped pants of awesomeness
How to Inventory a Collection

So a few weeks ago I lost almost all of my heroscape in a fire. It REALLY sucked. For insurance purposes, I need to come up with a detailed description of the collection in order to appraise it's value. A few random figures and tiles survived, but it's already been declared "destroyed beyond recognition".

I know every figure and tile we had, it's just going to be a matter of creating a list that a third party unfamiliar with Heroscape can use to appraise value.

I'm not sure if anybody here has any easier idea than just listing it out item by item. I know there used to be online tools for army and map building, but I haven't found any that would really help me in this scenario.

I want to be as detailed as possible because the heroscape was probably the most valuable thing lost in the fire, and certainly the toughest to replace.

If anybody with a clear mind has an idea how to quickly get this done, I'd appreciate any help I can get.

I encompass, and I eclipse.
Helm's Deep
My Maps
Embracing the Fun
Old July 20th, 2018, 10:51 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth
Re: How to Inventory a Collection

This might be a job for @lefton4ya . Any ideas, bud?

Darth, I'm so sorry for everything you're going through.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old July 20th, 2018, 11:01 AM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Vader View Post
So a few weeks ago I lost almost all of my heroscape in a fire. It REALLY sucked. For insurance purposes, I need to come up with a detailed description of the collection in order to appraise it's value. A few random figures and tiles survived, but it's already been declared "destroyed beyond recognition".

I know every figure and tile we had, it's just going to be a matter of creating a list that a third party unfamiliar with Heroscape can use to appraise value.

I'm not sure if anybody here has any easier idea than just listing it out item by item. I know there used to be online tools for army and map building, but I haven't found any that would really help me in this scenario.

I want to be as detailed as possible because the heroscape was probably the most valuable thing lost in the fire, and certainly the toughest to replace.

If anybody with a clear mind has an idea how to quickly get this done, I'd appreciate any help I can get.

As far as insurance goes I'd probably be weary of listing it as toys/games and lean to the collectible description. They sort of balk when seeing a game or toy with a higher $ amount than they think a "toy" should be. Having Collectible figures on the list sounds better.

I keep a spreadsheet of my inventory and I have them listed by set and then individually under the set heading. I've kind of done it as I go so it's not as big of an undertaking for me as it would be for you. In the past when dealing with insurance for things like this I always had backup for the rarer more expensive ones (screen shots from online stores/ebay). I'd usually get at least three sources and make sure my listed price was in the range and not the highest. Typically when they see the proof on the higher ones they sort of take your word on the lower costed ones and find a balance.

Hope that helps but it is random and depends on your adjuster. Good luck.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old July 20th, 2018, 11:45 AM

itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby!

I think there is that Hextreme Excel sheet that has a collection panel in it that has (I believe) auggie's prices. These prices are probabaly a good match for where they should be but getting more links to other prices (such as high prices of ebay or perhaps Allthingsheroscape, just to show off price) and then with those sources you should be good to go along with having a list of what you owned.

I do not use that excel sheet but I believe the items there are issued by set and such, so misc pieces would not be able to be listed. Hope that helped, good luck from here on out!

Keep doing what you're doing, but do it better. ~Self

Classic Card Scans & Tourney Map Building Requirements Excel Sheet
Old July 21st, 2018, 03:06 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

Again, sad about fire. PM me and I’ll see what I can do to help, after you figure uut insurance claim. See my post recently. I would download spreadsheet and update with adjusted prices from allthingsherocape.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lefton4ya View Post
Sad to see you sell it off, but I understand. Other then a few tournaments I go to in Louisville where I could borrow stuff, I barely play with my stuff.

For pricing, I posted this a year ago. I just revised it to match current prices.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lefton4ya View Post
Two good listings of items and prices:
  • https://www.allthingsheroscape.com/ - probably around the 33 66 percentile of eBay pricing, meaning 2/3 1/3 of stuff on eBay sells for equal or above his prices, and 1/3 2/3 of stuff on eBay sells for less. I would say take 25% 30-40% off his prices and it would be the 50th percentile of what people usually sell for around here. For instance, RttFF sells for $55 $65 on his site, which is on the lower-mid mid-high end of eBay pricing. But $40 (~27% off his price) $40-45 (~30-40% off his price) is on the middle range on Heroscapers, and probably a "fair" price at least to me.
  • Hextreme Heroscape Spreadsheet - has prices from eBay and Auggies from a couple years back as well as retail, but also a good place to keep track of all your stuff plus many other features.
Old July 22nd, 2018, 10:44 AM

Darth Vader wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darth Vader wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darth Vader wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darth Vader wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darth Vader wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darth Vader wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Thanks for the help guys. I got a good foundation started. I really don't know how this whole thing will play out, but I inventoried everything and have at least a retail dollar amount they can verify.

There is a provision for value fluctuations in our policy to cover situations like this, so I'm hoping we can recoup at least some of it. And luckily most of our army cards survived, so if they challenged any of this we can produce at least some evidence of what was in the house.

It's a very fluid situation, but, outside of the fact that I'm still living at a hotel, losing the scape was the worst part of this whole thing. Which, honestly, means I'm pretty lucky.

I'll update once I can get a more solid idea of what's going on. Thanks again guys!

I encompass, and I eclipse.
Helm's Deep
My Maps
Embracing the Fun

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion