Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Old May 17th, 2022, 01:25 PM

Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: C3G Overwatch Workshop

Here's my take on Reaper, one of the key figures in Talon. Could definitely do with some refining, but I think this covers his main kit. Added his bio from the official website for anyone interested, but he's one of the original Overwatch members who was experimented on and ended up working for the enemy. His main weapons, the Hellfire Shotguns, are laced with a biological agent that turns the wounds necrotic.
Quote:

Mini
Spoiler Alert!

Bio
Spoiler Alert!

NAME = REAPER
SECRET IDENTITY = GABRIEL REYES
SPECIES = MUTATE
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = TERRORIST
PERSONALITY = RUTHLESS
SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 5
MOVE = 5
RANGE = 3
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 4
POINTS = ???

DOUBLE ATTACK
When Reaper attacks with his normal attack, he may attack one additional time.

TALON: THE REAPING
After Reaper attacks a figure, if at least 1 skull was rolled, roll one unblockable attack die against the defending figure. Each time Reaper destroys a figure, you may remove 1 Wound Marker from this Army Card. The Reaping never affects Undead, Androids, Constructs, or destructible objects.

WRAITH FORM
When Reaper starts to fly, he does not take any leaving engagement attacks. Once per round, when Reaper is attacked by an enemy figure and at least 1 skull is rolled, you may ignore that attack and move Reaper up to 3 spaces with the Flying special power.

DEATH BLOSSOM SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 3. Attack 6.
When Reaper attacks with this, he may attack 5 additional times. He cannot attack the same figure more than three times. This special attack may only be used once per game.

FLYING

Last edited by Skinderella; May 17th, 2022 at 07:12 PM.
Old May 17th, 2022, 03:26 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Neat writeup. He's pretty juiced, not sure the point cost you're going for him. 1-2 unblockables each turn on top of an attack, plus an auto-dodge each round, healing, not to mention his big blow out move.

Not that any of that is a deal breaker. His 3 range keeps him in check, and if you focus on him he'll drop pretty quick with his low stats. I think his best friend would be John Stewart, carrying and shielding him until he can blast a bunch of targets.

I think his low stats and massive offensive potential would make him pretty darn swingy. Though his dodge DOES get him closer to being in range, which is a fun self-synergy.

Cool stuff.
Old May 17th, 2022, 06:18 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

A glass bomb.
I think he may get off a Death Blossom and that is it most games.
I worry that DB will drive up his cost and if that kind of flops he may be unable to cover his cost but testing will prove that out.
I would consider adding an X OM reveal for avoiding an attack.
Looks super fun to run.
Could be solid in clean up.
Old May 17th, 2022, 06:40 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Cool! I had a very light rough sketch for him, which I'll attach here. I think I was still deciding between doing something with Death Blossom or going somewhere else.

On your take (going down the line), I think Terrorist makes a lot of sense for him - I really see him being a HYDRA type if he existed in Marvel vs. hanging out with Silver Sable and Cable and such.

I think only healing when a figure dies is doing a lot to feed that glass cannon vibe. He'll rock against squad figures but wilt against Superman. (But those unblockables do sweeten the deal against Supes!) I think making him heal every time he inflicted a wound every time he dealt damage would help a lot. Maybe like this?
Quote:
After Reaper attacks a figure that is not an Android, Construct, Undead, or destructible object, if at least 1 skull was rolled, roll one unblockable attack die against the defending figure. If you roll a skull, you may remove 1 Wound Marker from this Army Card.
Personally, I feel like Wraith Form being an "always on" thing feels a bit off? Like both in-game and in-canon it's an alt-state the character switches into. In-canon, tbf, he does seem to be able to do it a lot more freely. But from a HS gameplay perspective, I think there's some more room to explore that as a unique mechanic than Disengage + a dodge that's going to make him difficult to fight.

I struggled with Death Blossom because I was trying to make it feel different from Deadeye. Maybe I was trying a little too hard there? An SA that mirrors Deadeye would function and give the character a big splashy move to do.

My take - I was definitely focusing on. him as a weird dude who likes to be close...but not too close. I was imagining he'd have a weakness to long-ranged combat but also to melee combat, but he'd be able to use Wraith Form to even that playing field a bit. Not sure how that would actually play out on a HS battlefield though.
Quote:
NAME = REAPER
SECRET IDENTITY = GABRIEL REYES?

SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = TERRORIST
PERSONALITY = ???

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 5

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 5
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 4

POINTS = ???

When attacking a figure exactly 2 spaces away from Reaper, add an automatic skull to whatever is rolled. If Reaper inflicts one or more wounds with an attack, remove a Wound Marker from this Army Card. After attacking with Reaper, you may attack an additional time.

WRAITH FORM
At the end of any player's turn, you may place Reaper on this Army Card, ignoring any leaving engagement attacks. At the start of your next turn, place Reaper on an empty space within 8 spaces of his previous placement.

THIRD POWER?
Old May 17th, 2022, 07:11 PM

Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Thanks for all the feedback!

I'd probably aim for mid 200s here? He's basically a super soldier like Captain America, but then with wraith-esque abilities and two necrotic shotguns (which he also seems to have an unlimited supply of under his cloak). He's one of the few Overwatch characters with superhuman abilities as opposed to crazy tech.

Death Blossom could also be turned into something a bit like Thor's God of Thunder Strike if that helps with costing? Or even just a once per game, he can attack up to 6 times in one turn.

I have considered an "X" Marker reveal for his dodge. I went for something similar to Klaw, as I figured an "X" Marker reveal could be kept to Overwatch's tanks to reduce the amount of ally protecting abilities there are and can be pulled off. Definitely wouldn't hurt being here too though.

I do like how good he is at clearing squads, he rips through lackies in everything he's turned up in. Being a threat to even tougher characters feels pretty accurate too with what his guns do lore wise.

That's a nice write up MrNobody! He has used his wraith form reactively a couple of times before in lore, but he does also take a lot of hits. I do like your take on it as a much more unique ability. Still has that dodging somewhat but being off-board for a whole turn, but also has that impending dread of watching him approach freely like you get in Overwatch.

I'm not sure he needs to be weaker in direct melee as he almost wants that in the game, but I'm a big sucker for a Huntress-esque attack. She's one of my favourite designs because of it. The life steal I think is better as either dealing death or dealing wounds. Both are accurate to him in-game before or after the change to his passive.

A third power I'm not sure what else it could be besides Death Blossom? Maybe a bonding power of some kind to set up a ranged character, since him and Widowmaker work together a lot.

I agree on Terrorist, I'll update that!
Old May 18th, 2022, 09:37 AM

Here's where I'm thinking now. I think I might run Reaper after D.Va is finished, so there is one figure in each faction ready to go.
Quote:

Mini
Spoiler Alert!

Bio
Spoiler Alert!

NAME = REAPER
SECRET IDENTITY = GABRIEL REYES
SPECIES = MUTATE
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = TERRORIST
PERSONALITY = RUTHLESS
SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 5
MOVE = 5
RANGE = 3
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 4
POINTS = ???

When attacking a figure up to 2 spaces away from Reaper, add an automatic skull to whatever is rolled. If Reaper inflicts one or more wounds with an attack, remove a Wound Marker from this Army Card. After attacking with Reaper's normal attack, you may attack one additional time.

WRAITH FORM
Once per round, at the end of any player turn, you may place Reaper on this Army Card, ignoring any leaving engagement attacks. At the start of your next turn, if he is on this card and is not destroyed, place Reaper on an empty space within 6 spaces of his previous placement.
I really like your take on Wraith Form MrNobody, it's a perfect mix of doing similar things to my original write up, whilst also feeling unique. Have tweaked it slightly though, as before you could wraith at the end of each of your turns and be immune to attacks. Not sure on auto skull or unblockable wound for The Reaping, but the rest is pretty similar either way.

I think we could go two ways for a third power: either keep Death Blossom but retooled, or a new power. Could potentially add a soul mechanic to him if we wanted to make you work for Death Blossom. The alternative is some kind of movement or attack for a Talon figure, as he's often working alongside Widowmaker (though this could also be a byproduct of Widowmaker and Reaper being the only Talon members on release). Here's some takes:

Quote:
DEATH BLOSSOM
Once per game, instead of moving and attacking normally with Reaper, you may attack with his normal attack up to 6 times. You may not attack the same figure more than 3 times.
Quote:
When attacking a figure up to 2 spaces away from Reaper, add an automatic skull to whatever is rolled. If Reaper inflicts one or more wounds with an attack, remove a Wound Marker from this Army Card and place a black Soul Marker on this card, to a maximum of 6 Soul Markers on this card. After attacking with Reaper's normal attack, you may attack one additional time.

DEATH BLOSSOM
Once per game, instead of moving and attacking normally with Reaper, you may attack with his normal attack up to X times. X equals the number of Soul Markers on this card. After using Death Blossom, remove all Soul Markers from this card.
Quote:
TALON: ???
After taking a turn with Reaper, you may take a turn with one other Unique Hero you control that either has the class of Terrorist/Assassin or has a Talon special power. During this turn, the chosen figure cannot move and attack in the same turn.

Last edited by Skinderella; May 18th, 2022 at 10:53 AM.
Old May 21st, 2022, 12:54 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Legit torn on the third power still.

I think him healing upon dealing damage will make him less likely to just want to spam Death Blossom ASAP, which is nice.
Old June 2nd, 2022, 02:46 PM

Maytrix is surprisingly tart
Smile Re: C3G Overwatch Workshop

Figured I'd make this post on this thread, though it's a lot of content as OWscape is something I have been theorycrafting/playtesting with for over a year now along with some other Heroscapers. My full completed list of characters so far w/ PDFs is linked here https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...GY4yPZAg3frzvt

Our original design was to create 2 game modes (Payload and Control) and balance the characters around 6vs6 (2 Tanks, 2 DPS, 2 Supports) with respawns. Each turn, the active player can take a turn with any 2 figures of his army (pseudo-bonding) and each round consists of 3 turns. Roll for initiative at the beginning of each round (Standard Heroscape Rules). This is how the respawns and modes have been tested so far.

Respawns: After a player's hero is destroyed, they may choose to respawn the same hero or choose a different hero from the same class to replace them(Tank, DPS, Support). When a character is respawned, they are placed anywhere in their SZ by their respective player and then end their turn. A respawned hero must wait one full turn in the SZ before being able to take a turn with them.

Payload: Using road tiles to create a linear pathway from each starting zone, the payload would begin on closest road tile to attacking team's SZ. The main objective is to move the payload all the way to the last road tile connected to opponent's SZ within 5 rounds. If the attacking army reaches the Checkpoint SZ(halfway point), extend the duration of rounds to 8. Before the first turn, the defending player may place their figures anywhere on the map then attacking player may take the first turn. At the end of each player turn, if the attacking player has at least one figure adjacent to the payload and no opponent's figures also adjacent to the Payload then move the Payload forward one tile; Vice Versa if Defending player is the only player with a figure adjacent to the Payload at end of two consecutive player turns, move the Payload back one tile. If it's the end of the final round, and atleast one figure from the attacking player's army is adjacent to the payload, continue the game until there is no attacking figure left adjacent to the payload. The attacking player cannot win if there is a Defending player's figure adjacent to the payload.

Control: Comparable to King of The Hill, Control maps would see one central objective (9-12 tile square area). The only way to capture the point is for one player to control the only figures inside of the Control point for one entire turn. Once you've captured the control point, you will gain 1 additional point for each player turn you maintain the objective. The only way for the opponent to prevent you from gaining more points is by moving a figure of theirs into the Control point (Contesting) or by eliminating all figures you have within the control point and taking objective. The Winning score was normally set at 10. The game cannot end if the Control Point is contested.

In my limited playtesting, my goal has been to balance all same class units to be interchangeable. I have a ton of work left to do and only 18 heroes completed, but if you take the time to check them out I sincerely appreciate it.

Let me know if anyone would ever like to playtest!

Last edited by Maytrix; June 5th, 2022 at 02:24 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy