Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games
Other Games Board, Card, Video, etc.

Notices

Old June 9th, 2012, 12:02 PM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth
Re: Summoner Wars by Plaid Hat Games

Just wanted to remind everyone that I'm running a Summoner Wars tourney here in Illinois in a week.

BGG thread

PHG boards

And even facebook.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)
Old June 9th, 2012, 01:09 PM

cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jexik View Post
Just wanted to remind everyone that I'm running a Summoner Wars tourney here in Illinois in a week.

BGG thread

PHG boards

And even facebook.
You ought to get it on the calendar at the PHG Summoner Wars site!

~Z

The influence of a frozen beef pie
My map thread
Old June 18th, 2012, 04:13 AM
Definitely not horrible

Bothi rolls all skulls baby! Bothi rolls all skulls baby! Bothi rolls all skulls baby! Bothi rolls all skulls baby!

Would you guys recommend I buy a 2 starter deck set or the boxed master set first? And if one of the starter sets, which one would you recommend?
Old June 18th, 2012, 04:19 AM
C3G Hero

whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bothi View Post
Would you guys recommend I buy a 2 starter deck set or the boxed master set first? And if one of the starter sets, which one would you recommend?
I'd go the master set. It's chock full of game...

As for which of the other starter sets, I'd get both.

If you are forced to only get one, Phoenix Elves vs Tundra Orcs is nice and thematic; fire and ice...
Old June 18th, 2012, 05:37 AM
Definitely not horrible

Bothi rolls all skulls baby! Bothi rolls all skulls baby! Bothi rolls all skulls baby! Bothi rolls all skulls baby!

Ok, looking at the individual factions now, and the cave goblins are really appealing to me... Zerg Rush memories...

Master set it is!
Old June 18th, 2012, 10:29 AM

Shockma Ranyk rolls all skulls baby! Shockma Ranyk rolls all skulls baby! Shockma Ranyk rolls all skulls baby! Shockma Ranyk rolls all skulls baby! Shockma Ranyk rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bothi View Post
Ok, looking at the individual factions now, and the cave goblins are really appealing to me... Zerg Rush memories...

Master set it is!
Cave Goblins are packaged with Guild Dwarves in a starter set here. Maybe you're thinking of the Sand Goblins? They are indeed in the master set here.
Old June 18th, 2012, 11:36 AM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Cave Goblins are fun. Guild Dwarves are really good against the Orc factions and their mini-walls. Otherwise they don't really play to my style - especially against my son who never tosses his walls into magic potentially leaving him vulnerable to an inability to summon from wall loss.

Sand Goblins are awesome! In a game where you make decisions based on where the other guy can get a summoned unit to on his next turn, the ability to actually MOVE your walls can be stunningly good. And that doesn't even count how much they hose ranged commons. Not Zerg rushers though. Not at all.

~Aldin, thinking he'd go Master set in your situation for the variety if nothing else

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old June 18th, 2012, 01:57 PM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!

The MS is a great way to start. Theres something in there for every play-style.

The CG is the closest summoner wars gets to Zerg, but I caution that they're a bit tough to learn to play well, because being successful with them involves using their summoner, Sneeks, a LOT.

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old July 14th, 2012, 04:03 PM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

I guess all of the action about the iOS is over on the PlaidHat forums. I've created a thread for HSers to share their in-game IDs.

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old October 6th, 2012, 11:36 AM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun

I know the game is different than HS by a lot, but do any factions play sort of like a specific HS army?

Also, is there a best faction?

Thanks!
Old October 6th, 2012, 12:40 PM

cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Can't speak to the Faction <=> Army relationship.

I've been really impressed by the balance to the factions. No faction stands out as significantly better than any other faction. They each have their strengths and weaknesses, but in every game I've played, it has mostly come down to the luck of the draw and who played their draw the most skillfully.

That being said, "best" really comes down to "favorite". I really like The Filth because it plays so differently than any other faction. I also like playing the Benders (I've modded my deck to favor the Mind Witch). In general, I like to play factions that allow the introduction of unexpected/unpredictable events and interactions. The Vanguards is my least favorite faction - very predictable and solid (stolid?).

~Z

The influence of a frozen beef pie
My map thread
Old October 6th, 2012, 04:00 PM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by orcelfarmyone View Post
I know the game is different than HS by a lot, but do any factions play sort of like a specific HS army?

Also, is there a best faction?

Thanks!
The factions are all balanced supremely well, which is part of what makes the game so great. The Fallen Kingdom remind me o a HS zombie army, and the Cave Goblins remind me of the Goblin Cutters.

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games