Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Notices

View Poll Results: What direction are we going?
Elf Riding a Wolf 14 87.50%
Spider hero 5 31.25%
Cowboy hero 2 12.50%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Old December 20th, 2018, 11:46 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth
Re: Boot Camp of Valhalla: Poll for Miniature/Concept

Wow....that figure looks so good. for the peanut base!

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old December 21st, 2018, 09:05 AM
Frank Lloyd Wright of Scape

Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I am really liking the look of that figure too. Glad it fits on a peanut base!

Maps | OHS Maps | Customs
"I think you're absolutely correct in your logic and reasoning and couldn't agree more." ~BiggaBullfrog

Old December 21st, 2018, 05:55 PM

All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I prefer the peanut base as well. Looks like those front legs just manage to fit, and the rest of the figure lines up nicely.
Old December 21st, 2018, 06:01 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Looks good!

Everyone, feel free to drop your ideas in this thread. Powers, stats, cards, etc. Brainstorm away! I’ll create a full on Brainstorming Thread (probably after Christmas) soon.

And of course, Merry Christmas to all! And, in lieu of Christmas, Happy Holidays!

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old December 21st, 2018, 06:30 PM

All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

If I were designing the figure as a solo project, this is the design I would start out with.

Elyssa Ardyn (or any other appropriately elf-sounding name)
Ullar
Feylund
Life 6
Move 8
Range 1
Attack 3
Defense 4
Elf
Unique Hero
Warrior
Disciplined
Large (height)

Unleashed Assault
Before taking a turn with Elyssa Ardyn, you must roll the 20-sided die.
-If you roll a 1, place 1 wound marker on this army card.
-If you roll a 2-8, nothing happens.
-If you roll a 9-15, when Elyssa attacks, she may attack one additional time.
-If you roll a 16-19, when Elyssa attacks, she may attack two additional times.
-If you roll a 20 or higher, when Elyssa attacks, she may attack three additional times.

Wolf Takedown
Once per turn, at any point while moving, if Elyssa Ardyn is on a space where she could end her movement you may choose an adjacent small or medium figure and roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 14 or higher, that figure receives a wound.

My personal preference is for a relatively unsynergistic elf hero from Feylund in the 130-170 range. Since wolves of a sort from Feylund already exist, a mechanical nod to them in Unleashed Assault or a similar power feels appropriate. Since this figure looks fairly different from the elves already in the heroscape canon, I imagine her as part of a distinct society from them. Possibly from a colder region, if we wanted to slot Snow and Ice Enhanced movement into the design.

That said, I'm curious to see what people's pitches for other directions are. I could also see the figure as a sort of mounted commander for the elf squads, so it would be interesting to explore what kind of synergy powers we could hit on from that direction.

Last edited by All Your Pie; December 21st, 2018 at 07:37 PM.
Old December 21st, 2018, 09:13 PM

bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I'm only vaguely familiar with how this boot camp works, so if there's already a process defined, just say so, but I'd like to make a suggestion. Rather than just throwing all kinds of stats and abilities at the wall and seeing what sticks, would it make sense to start by defining a target to throw stuff at?

What if we collectively talk about the theme this figure suggests to each of us. If we can come to a consensus on say the top 5 characteristics this figure portrays, it provides more focus to the whole group.
Old December 21st, 2018, 09:20 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Others were suggesting SNOW AND ICE ENHANCED MOVEMENT (Wow, just rolls off the tongue) from the Dzu-Teh on here, and I like that a lot.
Old December 22nd, 2018, 09:45 AM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

It might be cool to give her Snow Strength from Nerak too or instead. If we made her more of a combat oriented hero/commander.
@bmon

That’s a good point. I’m not gonna stop folks fromputting out ideas for now, mostly because its the holiday season. Plus, it gives everyone a good starting point.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old December 22nd, 2018, 11:27 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

I also like the snow strength and/or snow ice movement but think it would be cool to make her bond with an elven squad you control. Making her a form of leader for the warriors of ashra and elf archers would be pretty fun. It would also be kind of fun to give her wolf an after moving and before attacking ability to round out the card with 3 abilities.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old December 22nd, 2018, 01:39 PM

bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Some themes this figure suggests to me:
  • two beings in one figure could mean two actions (ex. Grimnak regular attack and dino chomp)
  • long legs and wide stance of the wolf suggest a fast and nimble movement
  • wolf looks arctic in origin
  • rider has armor that looks elven
  • wolf is howling, could be interpreted as an aggressive threat or a defensive warning
  • rider has spear that could be thrown for a ranged attack

Some areas for possible development:
  • elven heroes often have D20 abilities which is nicely synergized by Haduc's Elven Supremacy
  • Ullar likes his scouts, this could make for an elven scout which there aren't any yet
  • snow terrain benefits are under utilized and Ullar could use something in this area

My opinion:
  • I like the idea of an elven scout than can run ahead and make a "call to arms" via wolf howl
  • This scout would be fast and given a bonus for snow terrain, maybe the ability to disengage on snow
  • Attack should be fairly weak as calling in the proper warriors is more important, but could be given some sort of double attack to show the wolf and rider can both attack

I admit that it is hard not to immediately start thinking about mechanics as I type out each of these thematic elements, but I'm trying to just focus on theme first. I think there is some exciting design space for this figure.
Old December 22nd, 2018, 05:44 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

I just have a hard time seeing that giant wolf and thinking “low attack.” But hey, Grimnak did it.
Old December 22nd, 2018, 05:57 PM

One thing that I find particularly striking about the miniature is that the wolf is standing its ground rather than running or charging. While it still seems capable of speed, it doesn't give me the impression of being evasive or tricky. That might be too abstract a thought to design around though.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards