Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day
National Heroscape Day Events listing and discussion about National Heroscape day.

Old October 10th, 2016, 02:46 AM
Search and Rescue Expert

Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: NHSD: SoCal Slaughter! 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leotheanimal87 View Post
Unfortunately I'm a no go on the map this year. Currently won't be able to get my terrain since it's in storage and I won't have time to go due to work. If anything changes I''ll let you guys know.
Don't sweat it, Leo. I'm working on some changes anyway. Hold on to your hats, boys and girls, I FOUND SOME NEW BOV MAPS!!!

More news to come (hopefully later tonight).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Vasel
And I've seen some people on the Internet seem to have a problem with mixing this with the rest of the game, which makes no sense to me, because, I mean, you already are having knights fight robots, how is throwing Spider-Man into the mix that big of a deal?
You should not read this blog.

Why I Left the C3V
Old October 10th, 2016, 05:43 AM
Search and Rescue Expert

Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Okay, the scoop is that there were 2 BoV maps that were mislabeled in the downloads area. They're not new, but they're new to us, so that's cool. I've now catalogued the two new ones and reviewed them; updated list below.
Spoiler Alert!

So, adding the new possibilities in, we get a new list of:
For sure:
  1. Ticalla Sunrise
  2. Draugur
  3. Invasion
  4. Dance of the Dryads
  5. Swamp Thing
  6. Arctic Divide
Maybe:
  1. Stygian Rift
  2. Quasatch Playground
  3. Sirocco
  4. Ice Blossom
  5. Elswin Plateau
  6. Highways and Dieways
  7. Flash Fire

And, with the news that Leo can't bring terrain, plus swapping things around, I get a new list of:
  1. Ticalla Sunrise - Xotli
  2. Draugur - wnfb
  3. Invasion - hivelord
  4. Dance of the Dryads - wnfb
  5. Swamp Thing - hivelord
  6. Arctic Divide - Xotli
  7. Stygian Rift - hivelord
  8. Quasatch Playground - wnfb
  9. Sirocco - Xotli

So, still 9 maps, still plenty, and I think still within everyone's abilities to provide. Here's new requirements for everyone:
  • @hivelord - 1 RotV, 2 SotM, 2 BftU, 1 RttFF, 1 FotA, 1 VW, 1 TJ
  • @warriorneedsfoodbadly - 1 RotV, 2 BftU, 1 RttFF, 1 VW, 2 TT, 2 TJ
  • Xotli - 1 RotV, 1 SotM, 2 BftU, 1 TT, 2 TJ

This means hivelord and I have to build another map, but it shouldn't be too big a deal. I hope. Just let me know if there's any problems with the updated list.

Quote:
And I've seen some people on the Internet seem to have a problem with mixing this with the rest of the game, which makes no sense to me, because, I mean, you already are having knights fight robots, how is throwing Spider-Man into the mix that big of a deal?

Why I Left the C3V
Old October 11th, 2016, 12:04 AM

hivelord wears ripped pants of awesomeness hivelord wears ripped pants of awesomeness hivelord wears ripped pants of awesomeness hivelord wears ripped pants of awesomeness hivelord wears ripped pants of awesomeness hivelord wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xotli View Post
[*]@hivelord - 1 RotV, 2 SotM, 2 BftU, 1 RttFF, 1 FotA, 1 VW, 1 TJ

This means hivelord and I have to build another map, but it shouldn't be too big a deal. I hope. Just let me know if there's any problems with the updated list.
So... just double checked my collection and I guess I only ever had one SotM master set. Odd considering my username I know.
Sorry to make you go back to the drawing board. Maybe I just replace Swamp Thing with Ice Blossom?

This also thrown my army plans out of whack a bit too. Unless someone wants to loan me a couple stingers. haha.

Also, I messaged [MENTION=382]SlikkRikk[/MENTION] to see if he wants in on this.
I may as well tag a few of the other old regulars: [MENTION=204]BIGJIM[/MENTION] [MENTION=18]boom[/MENTION] [MENTION=8]Oogie_Da_Bruce[/MENTION] [MENTION=3788]robbdaman[/MENTION] [MENTION=1150]WreakLoosE[/MENTION] @ Runehardt
I don't know how many of you even live in the area any more but we're thinking about you.

[COLOR=Green]Online Heroscape record: 13-12[/COLOR]
[IMG]http://i50.tinypic.com/8zfzgj.gif[/IMG]
[URL="http://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=23292"]My epic 15 pound homemade ceramic dice tower.[/URL]
[URL="http://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=5351"]My mega-maps.[/URL]
[URL="http://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=26271"]Heroscape: The BOGO of All Time.[/URL]
Old October 11th, 2016, 07:21 AM
Search and Rescue Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detrimentalman View Post
I'm still a maybe as far as the tournament goes. Just realized Maddy has something on the calendar for the morning, seeing if I can get out of it. Either way I should make it for the after play.
Crossing my fingers for you! But it'll be great to see you either way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hivelord View Post
So... just double checked my collection and I guess I only ever had one SotM master set. Odd considering my username I know.
No worries. I'll update it one way or another, but not tonight. I'm totally cooked. (I mean, worst case, we only have 8 maps, which is still plenty.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hivelord View Post
This also thrown my army plans out of whack a bit too. Unless someone wants to loan me a couple stingers. haha.
Hmmm ...

Tell you what: let's engineer a (temporary) swap. I'll provide 2 squads of stingers, no card, in exchange for one Marcu, with card. I've got 2 folks over here who are both 20 pts shy on their backup armies, and I'd really hate to tell them that one of them gets stuck with Kyntela. Plus then I gotta make 'em fight to the death over it, and then their parents would sue me and it'd be a big mess and I don't care enough about Marcu to bother.

I also have all armies nailed down--12 armies total, 6 primary and 6 backup--including all VC units, but I'll post that tomorrow as well. Work was not kind to me today. <sigh>

Off to grab what little sleep I can now ...

Quote:

Why I Left the C3V
Old October 12th, 2016, 07:09 AM
Search and Rescue Expert

First up, here's this year's intel on VC units that will be arriving in my vehicle this year. Here's what I will tell you about these units:
  • I've put together a short, one-line precis of each unit.
  • Each unit's name is also a link to its "Book of" thread, where you can view the full card, lists of synergies, etc.
  • I'm not going to tell you which unit will be in which army. Gotta keep some of the mystery going, right?
  • Some of these will be in primary armies and some will be in backup armies.
  • I'm bringing 12 armies total (some stats on that below). Barring last minute changes, this is every single VC unit that is in any of those 12 armies. And AFAIK all the armies are finalized, so there shouldn't be any last minute changes.
  • I also put together a little guide to all the shortcut terms I use.
Quote:
Originally Posted by VC units coming this year
Guide to terms used:
Spoiler Alert!

• 8th Infantry Pathfinders — low cost ranged common hero with swarming movement bonding with Jandar soldier heroes and attack bonding with each other
  • Beakface Sneaks — low cost common squad with an anti-range power and swarming based on attacks
  • Capt. John Varan — ranged hero with a ranged SA which is pumped by wounds and who can soak wounds for adjacent Jandar humans
  • Dreadgul Raiders — swarming common squad who bond with wild human or giant heroes
  • Haduc — ranged elven wizard who gives a d20 boost to other elves, and gives auto-shields to himself and adjacent elven wizards based on unrevealed OMs
  • Kantono Daishi — moderately low-life controller for the ninjas, with Phantom Walk and Counterstrike
  • Manauvi — melee Wolf hero with a charging power, a conditional Double Attack, and a Move-boosting spirit power
  • Mok — high-cost double-spaced high-attack hero who can sacrifice up to 2 dwarven squaddies to power a like number of ranged SAs that can be used alongside his normal attack
  • Omegacron — high-cost Double-Attacking, double-spaced moderately low-life controller for the Omnicrons with high range and high defense
  • Siiv — fast-moving, low-life Disengaging filler unit with a no-defense unranged SA
  • Teeth of the Makwa — low range common squad with a wound negation power and swarming movement bonding with Scout or Tribesman heroes
  • Varkaanan Darkclaws — unique Wolf squad with full move/partial attack bonding with other unique Wolves, conditional Double Attack, and additional bonuses from shadow spaces
  • Varkaanan Greyspears — unique Wolf low-range squad with full move/partial attack bonding with other unique Wolves and bonus movement if they don't attack
  • Varkaanan Quickblades — unique Wolf squad with full move/partial attack bonding with other unique Wolves, a charging power, and a defense-reducing SA
  • Varkaanan Swiftfangs — unique Wolf squad with full move/partial attack bonding with other unique Wolves and bonus movement on OM1
  • Zaeus — primadon hero with a ranged SA that does unblockable splash damage and attack bonding with the Gorillinators

Armies, and how many VC units they contain: (# VC cards/total # cards, multiple commons are 1 card)

Primary:
  • 0/3 (0%)
  • 0/4 (0%)
  • 1/5 (20%)
  • 1/4 (25%)
  • 1/3 (33%)
  • 5/5 (100%) — Note: easy to guess
Backup:
  • 0/6 (0%)
  • 1/5 (20%)
  • 1/4 (25%)
  • 2/7 (29%)
  • 1/3 (33%)
  • 3/5 (60%)

Next, revised maps info:

I've shuffled things around to account for hivelord's single SoTM, so the new assignments work out thusly:
  1. Ticalla Sunrise – Xotli
  2. Draugur – wnfb
  3. Invasion – hivelord
  4. Dance of the Dryads – Xotli
  5. Swamp Thing – wnfb
  6. Arctic Divide – hivelord
  7. Stygian Rift – hivelord
  8. Quasatch Playground – wnfb
  9. Sirocco – Xotli

Still 9 maps, still plenty, and hopefully now within everyone's abilities to provide. New requirements for everyone:
  • @hivelord – 1 RotV, 1 SotM, 2 BftU, 1 FotA, 1 VW, 1 TT, 1 TJ
  • @warriorneedsfoodbadly – 2 RotV, 1 SotM, 1 BftU, 1 RttFF, 2 TT, 2 TJ
  • Xotli – 1 SotM, 3 BftU, 1 RttFF, 1 VW, 2 TJ

Let me know if there's any new problems with this list. I'm pushing my luck by needing to come up with 3 BtfU, but I'm pretty sure I still have all the pieces lying around. Somewhere. I'll build it tomorrow to insure I really do have it.

(Bonus map: If we really really needed it, which I highly doubt we will, wnfb could actually build 4 by throwing in Highways and Dieways (bringing his total requirements to 3 RotV, 1 SotM, 1 BftU, 3 RttFF, 2 TT, and 2 TJ). I suppose having 10 maps makes it easy to pick maps randomly using a d10 ... but I really don't think it'll be necessary.)

Next, printing stuff.

I've decided to give up on my various color printers. I think there are now like 4 of them here in the house somewhere, and not a damn one works worth a crap. So I'm just going out to a local print shop tomorrow and see what I can come up with. I'll print two copies of all map instructions: one for me, and one for wnfb. Of course the major problem with that plan is, by the time I arrive, most of the maps are generally built. Because I suck at getting to places early even when I have no one else to worry about, and adding in 4 teenagers and a ten-year-old does not help with that.

So, wnfb, I think I will either just drop the map instructions off at your place, maybe Thursday night on my way home from work? Or else I could drop them in the mail and they will probably be there by Saturday. Whichever you think is best. I'll text you tomorrow sometime.

I'll also see about printing some partial points scoring sheets, and a couple cards I need.

That's all for tonight, I think. Anyone feel free to sing out with whatever I'm forgetting.

Quote:

Why I Left the C3V

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day