Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Battle Reports
Battle Reports Reports of your Heroscape Battles

Old September 17th, 2020, 11:01 AM
was heroscaper2010. Now Beep, Beep, I'm a Sheep

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!
Re: 10 Points Under - Heroscape Casting Videos

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachmuskie View Post
The only other thing I can think of was that he had to reroll the d20 and got a 9. He had a 12 originally, but I don't remember why we didn't use it and he then rolled a 9, which is no moon frenzy. He then attacks Krug with Blue. It was a long time ago.
I believe that 9 roll after the 11 was for Molten Lava.
Old September 17th, 2020, 12:25 PM
Frank Lloyd Wright of Scape

Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by heroscaper2010 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash_19 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggaBullfrog View Post
This game has it all! Big heroes, big rolls, big swings, and fast-paced action throughout the whole game! @coachmuskie and @heroscaper2010 get a chance to shine in this first game of the Heroes Only tournament from Online Con! @XThorSavageX joins me to watch this titanic beat down between coachmuskie's figures that love cold and big damage, and Heroscaper2010's figures that love manipulation and heat! This is an exciting showdown you won't want to miss with some epic gameplay!

https://youtu.be/39B7C4us3C4
@coachmuskie and @heroscaper2010 , can either of you explain what happened at 18:40ish in the video? Why didn't Cyprien get lava dunked after the werewolf lord's moon frenzy?
Looks like the wounds/Lycanthrope weren’t placed on Cyprien from the Werewolf attack at 16:25. I remember this instant because when I dunked Cyprien there 2mins later I was 100% sure I was able to but coach pointed out there were no wounds on Cyp. I felt something was off but digressed. Trying to go back to find the attack/defense rolls in the middle of a tight 1hr online game is a little tough. I had also played in Day 1 so this was probably my 7-8th game of the day.

Oh well. That whole week of games was fantastic.
Ah - that's what it was. Thanks for clarifying. I noticed that that wound hadn't been placed on Cyprien... But yes, he had definitely taken a wound and therefore could have been dunked.

I bet it was fantastic. Wish I could've played in some of them.

Maps | OHS Maps | Customs
"I think you're absolutely correct in your logic and reasoning and couldn't agree more." ~BiggaBullfrog

Old September 18th, 2020, 06:52 PM
Usurper of Shenanigans (but only 10 points under)

BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by heroscaper2010 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggaBullfrog View Post
This game has it all! Big heroes, big rolls, big swings, and fast-paced action throughout the whole game! @coachmuskie and @heroscaper2010 get a chance to shine in this first game of the Heroes Only tournament from Online Con! @XThorSavageX joins me to watch this titanic beat down between coachmuskie's figures that love cold and big damage, and Heroscaper2010's figures that love manipulation and heat! This is an exciting showdown you won't want to miss with some epic gameplay!

https://youtu.be/39B7C4us3C4
@coachmuskie and @heroscaper2010 , can either of you explain what happened at 18:40ish in the video? Why didn't Cyprien get lava dunked after the werewolf lord's moon frenzy?
Looks like the wounds/Lycanthrope weren’t placed on Cyprien from the Werewolf attack at 16:25. I remember this instant because when I dunked Cyprien there 2mins later I was 100% sure I was able to but coach pointed out there were no wounds on Cyp. I felt something was off but digressed. Trying to go back to find the attack/defense rolls in the middle of a tight 1hr online game is a little tough. I had also played in Day 1 so this was probably my 7-8th game of the day.

Oh well. That whole week of games was fantastic.
Ah - that's what it was. Thanks for clarifying. I noticed that that wound hadn't been placed on Cyprien... But yes, he had definitely taken a wound and therefore could have been dunked.

I bet it was fantastic. Wish I could've played in some of them.
Thanks for the insights, guys! A bit of confusion happens now and then, but that game was nonetheless one of my favorite ones to get to watch! So much exciting action through the whole game!

Monthly Utah Tournaments in SLC!!
Maps | Customs | Battle Reports
10 Points Under Videos

"I'll save myself some time and say I pretty much 100% agree with Bigga" ~Flash_19
Old September 21st, 2020, 01:13 PM

Rama is surprisingly tart

@BiggaBullfrog I added my availability to your spreadsheet - hopefully more Scaper’s will too. ��
I work evenings which basically means only Saturdays work for me, haha. Hopefully we can make it work!

~ Rama
Old September 21st, 2020, 06:06 PM

BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rama View Post
@BiggaBullfrog I added my availability to your spreadsheet - hopefully more Scaper’s will too. ��
I work evenings which basically means only Saturdays work for me, haha. Hopefully we can make it work!

~ Rama
Awesome! Looking forward to setting it up with you! PM incoming!

(And yes, more people always welcome to sign up for co-casts. I mean I've only got like 10 more to go so...)

10 Points Under Videos

"I'll save myself some time and say I pretty much 100% agree with Bigga" ~Flash_19

Last edited by Dysole; September 23rd, 2020 at 03:11 AM.
Old September 23rd, 2020, 08:49 AM

It's a double feature with @BodaciousBlood !

First off, we've got the How to Play Heroscape Online video up! (This is a video that I'm simultaneously super proud of and super nervous about. ) Now, since we tried to be pretty comprehensive with it, it does clock it at a little over an hour in length. But fortunately the power of YouTube allows me to put in chapters, so you can skip straight to the part you're looking for! Playing your first game either casually or in a tournament? Forget how to change the permissions so your friend can edit the drawing for your game? Want to know how to change the color of your Uncommon Hero so you can run multiples and tell them apart? Just skip to the part of the video you're looking for and don't sweat the rest!

Big big big thanks to BodaciousBlood for helping me with this one. He helped a ton not just with recording, but with preparing what to include (especially with the webinar earlier this year) and with keeping me on track once we got into the thick of things. He also put up with the hours of recording and mess ups that happened while I blundered my way through the recording (he, as always, was the image of grace and poise).

The second video is a semifinal game from the Online Con VC Bring 2 Tournament. It's an epic clash between Vegie's Dad and @superfrog , and I special requested BodaciousBlood to cast the game with me as he's a big fan of one C3V unit being featured: the Cathar Spearmen. (I'm a little bit less of a fan...) Vegie's Dad is playing Dreadguls + Heroes into superfrog's anti-melee army, but there's enough hero power on the board to make it a really cool and exciting matchup!

10 Points Under Videos

Old September 23rd, 2020, 04:50 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

This is amazing and I'm very thankful that you put it together, Bigga. It's a fantastic level of detail.

One concern I have, from the perspective of a tournament organizer trying to bring in new people to that scene: I could imagine someone who is thinking of playing in one of the online events being intimidated by a 70 minute video. But really it's only about 20 minutes of "how to play a game".

So, maybe one video that's all about playing, and a second video about creating your own game, and a third video for the tips & tricks? That way it's a shorter video for those who just want to know how to jump into a tournament game.

(It might be worth mentioning the army pickup docs for live online events, but maybe that's too myopic to be worth discussing.)

Last edited by dok; September 23rd, 2020 at 05:17 PM. Reason: 55:10 oof ;)
Old September 23rd, 2020, 11:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
This is amazing and I'm very thankful that you put it together, Bigga. It's a fantastic level of detail.

One concern I have, from the perspective of a tournament organizer trying to bring in new people to that scene: I could imagine someone who is thinking of playing in one of the online events being intimidated by a 70 minute video. But really it's only about 20 minutes of "how to play a game".

So, maybe one video that's all about playing, and a second video about creating your own game, and a third video for the tips & tricks? That way it's a shorter video for those who just want to know how to jump into a tournament game.

(It might be worth mentioning the army pickup docs for live online events, but maybe that's too myopic to be worth discussing.)
I was actually thinking about this while editing, and was considering making it three separate videos. Ultimately I thought that what we had made was more of an encyclopedia of sorts and that having it all in one place would be beneficial so people wouldn't have to jump between videos looking for a tool, since splitting them up seemed (to me) to have a lot of blurred lines. But splitting them up wouldn't be hard if that would be easier -- I wouldn't have to re-edit them which would be nice, and the time stamps would just require a little bit of math.

That said, I also thought of the Discord tournaments while editing (didn't think to include them while recording, unfortunately, or I probably would have) and started kicking around the idea of a super short, quick start video. Something like 10 minutes of "Here are the links if you're on 'Scapers, here they are for Discord, set order markers, move figures, roll dice, have fun" and trim all of the fluff that's in the long one like the turn-taking and niche things like Valkyrie dice and randomly numbered OMs since that won't come up in an average game and can be explained when they do come up. I think I like that direction, even though it means more recording (it's my secret plan: more videos, more views, more numbers in boxes!). But I'm definitely open to thoughts on the subject.

10 Points Under Videos

Old September 30th, 2020, 08:56 AM

The finals for Online Con's VC Bring 2 Tournament are here! Tiamat and superfrog both had incredible showings in this event, and they both made it this far undefeated. dok joins me in commentating on the gameplay, catching all the swings, the plays, and the strategies. Spoiler alert: this game is quite possibly one of the closest games you ever have or ever will see, so keep biting your nails until the final dice are rolled!

10 Points Under Videos

Old October 7th, 2020, 09:22 AM

We're coming at you with a semifinals game from the Online Con Championship! In this game @vegietarian18 and @Dysole are matched up in a reverse round, meaning they play the army that the other player brought! These are two incredibly crafted builds as well (though, let's be honest, I'll say that about most armies from this event because I loved them all) which makes for really fun gameplay! Casting with me is @Chris Perkins , who brings a lot to the conversation about the interactions and strategies of the players and their armies!

10 Points Under Videos

Old October 14th, 2020, 10:44 AM

Welcome back to the Online Con Main Event, the tournament where I gush over every army! In this game we get to see two of my favorites (among the rest of my favorites, which are all of them) in action. This is the first round of Day 2, and @Sir Heroscape and @boromir96 have to play their opponent's army to snag the win! What's more, these two armies are about as different as you can get, with Sir Heroscape being given a super defensive Raelin/Ana pod to play and Boromir96 given a high-attack low-defense army of 16 MacDirk Warriors! It's a great game with great gameplay and decisions, and @Dysole was able to help out with this game to catch the action as it unfolded!

10 Points Under Videos

Old October 14th, 2020, 03:28 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

It seemed clear as soon as SirH's R1 OM placement was shown that he had no intention of moving out of his startzone. This is certainly a defensible strategy. That said, I would have put Ana/Rae at the front of the startzone and put OM1 on rats to establish a shell 2 spaces farther forward. This would have allowed for pinging the advancing macdirks from a position of relative safety much more easily, possibly leading to stringing them out if Laglor can get hot with autoload. As it was, it was just too easy for Boromir to mass forward while forcing SirH to choose between attacking or keeping the heroes safe.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Battle Reports