Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old January 23rd, 2014, 10:42 PM
Opps. He did it again.

Airborne Elite 5 is surprisingly tart
Re: The Book of Warforged Soldiers

Yeah kind of thought so. Thanks for the advice though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaSilver View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborne Elite 5 View Post
I only have one squad of warforged who i got from a friend. How can I deploy them?
They could be decent as cleanup I guess, with that auto shield, but really at least 3 squads are needed to be effective. Backed by Raelin, these guys are very tough to take down.
Old January 23rd, 2014, 11:10 PM

nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I only have one squad of warforged who i got from a friend. How can I deploy them?
They could be decent as cleanup I guess, with that auto shield, but really at least 3 squads are needed to be effective. Backed by Raelin, these guys are very tough to take down.
Don't forget that a single squad can serve a purpose as well! Deployed early (though it might well cost you in positioning for the later game) a single squad of WFS can effectively hold a key position -especially a glyph - against many units. Back them with MDG in a soldier army, and they can get where you need them relatively quickly.

WORST. PALADIN. EVER.

Overall Tourney Record: ....I don't even remember anymore!
Old January 25th, 2014, 09:10 AM

generic125 is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by nate the dawg View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Don't forget that a single squad can serve a purpose as well! Deployed early (though it might well cost you in positioning for the later game) a single squad of WFS can effectively hold a key position -especially a glyph - against many units. Back them with MDG in a soldier army, and they can get where you need them relatively quickly.
You could also do what I do and take extra squads and sub all the figures you don't have in with order markers or other unused squads
Old January 25th, 2014, 03:18 PM
Opps. He did it again.

Airborne Elite 5 is surprisingly tart
Smile Re: The Book of Warforged Soldiers

Hey, thanks for all the advice. I really appreciate it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by generic125 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by nate the dawg View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
You could also do what I do and take extra squads and sub all the figures you don't have in with order markers or other unused squads
Old September 22nd, 2020, 10:09 PM
Empty Fist Shaking Power Codex Architect

Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Q: Can my first Warforged move a figure with Tactical Switch and then a second Warforged move a different figure with Switch? Is the limit of one per unit or per army?
A: ???

My Customs: Classic, RPG, Supers, Fiction, Space Hulk
Let's take your vision to pristine together.
Old September 22nd, 2020, 10:15 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Confred View Post
Q: Can my first Warforged move a figure with Tactical Switch and then a second Warforged move a different figure with Switch? Is the limit of one per unit or per army?
Each attacking Warforged may switch.
Old September 22nd, 2020, 10:17 PM
Empty Fist Shaking Power Codex Architect

Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrcElfArmyOne View Post
Quote:
Each attacking Warforged may switch.
Wonderful, each may switch but not each with the same defending figure.

My Customs: Classic, RPG, Supers, Fiction, Space Hulk
Let's take your vision to pristine together.
Old September 22nd, 2020, 10:18 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

Quote:
I can't believe I've never seen this question come up! The last sentence says "An opponent's figure may be moved by Tactical Switch only once per turn" which is basically as unclear as you can get. As far as I know, everybody plays as if the wording was more like "You may not use Tactical Switch to move a figure that has already been moved by Tactical Switch this turn."
Old September 22nd, 2020, 10:23 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun

Huh, I see the confusion now. Yeah, the ruling is that it’s once per attacking Warforged, and you can’t switch the same specific figure more than once per turn. Nice find!
Old September 22nd, 2020, 10:48 PM
Baron of Beantown V

Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun

And that’s why I didn’t think they were as good as my fellow casters thought, I thought you could only do tactical switch once per turn. But they’re a lot better when every warforged you activate has tactical switch potential.
Old September 23rd, 2020, 08:11 AM

itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby!

Yeah I've used these guys early on in tourneys they handle nice on certain maps because speed doesn't matter and you really want the opponent to take height before you. I don't recall the map but I think I was 4 tiles lower in water and I attacked a figure with 4 height. So it allows you to switch the figure and move him but then I didn't need to attack because I was no longer engaged. That clause of the power doesn't come up very often.

Keep doing what you're doing, but do it better. ~Self

Classic Card Scans & Tourney Map Building Requirements Excel Sheet

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units