Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day
National Heroscape Day Events listing and discussion about National Heroscape day.

Old September 7th, 2020, 03:29 PM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Online NHSD Event

ONLINE NHSD TOURNAMENT
DISCORD

What:
Heroscape tournament

When:
October 17th 2020, 11am Eastern

Where:
Discord server. We please ask that your user name on the server match your Heroscapers name and that you have access to a microphone for ease of play and organization.

Tournament Rules:
Bring one 455 point army. VC allowed, no Marvel. Your army may not contain more than 18 figures. Your army also may not contain any of the following figures:

Spoiler Alert!

Tournament Structure:
5 rounds, with playoffs as necessary

Maps
Turmoil by superfrog
Stormwall by Flash_19
Fulcrum by Dignan
Stygian Rift by Typhon2222
Platypus by Robber

Glyphs: (Dagmar, Kelda, Lodin, Ulaniva, Valda, Wannok)

Prizes

- Several Sgt. Drake figures and cards, SIGNED BY CRAIG VAN NESS (the creator of Heroscape)

- A full set of Online Con Prize dice

- A surprise C3V figure (tune in 10/17/20 to see what)

Prizes will be distributed with winner choosing first and so on. The final prize will be a raffle among all players who didn't place but completed all their games.

~Dysole, finally announcing the thing we had going

Last edited by Dysole; October 16th, 2020 at 06:16 PM.
Old September 7th, 2020, 03:57 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth
Re: Online NHSD Event

OnlineCon was great fun, this should also be really cool. Looking forward to it.

PRIZE SPOILER:

Last edited by superfrog; September 8th, 2020 at 10:43 PM.
Old September 7th, 2020, 04:25 PM

Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Looking forward to my first online tournament! Is the glyph pool going to be the same as the GenCon pool? (Dagmar, Kelda, Lodin, Ulaniva, Valda, Wannok)
Old September 7th, 2020, 04:29 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vydar is the man View Post
Looking forward to my first online tournament! Is the glyph pool going to be the same as the GenCon pool? (Dagmar, Kelda, Lodin, Ulaniva, Valda, Wannok)
Yes.
Old September 8th, 2020, 12:24 AM
I'm Feeling Inspired To Play Some Gladiators

BodaciousBlood knows what's in an order marker BodaciousBlood knows what's in an order marker BodaciousBlood knows what's in an order marker

Where do I register?? Edit: haha where it says REGISTER HERE at the top of the OP.
Old September 8th, 2020, 01:03 PM

Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

In an attempt to seem helpful while providing exactly no new information whatsoever, I have bound the .pdf files for the 5 maps into one convenient, downloadable document, found here. Just in case any of you can still play irl.
Old September 16th, 2020, 02:19 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

I said before in my NHSD 2020 - Pandemic Edition, but I suggested if people want to have "Home Tournaments" with 2-6 people, I think it would be cool if these games would count towards the online tournament. Basically the first round or two (or even 3 rounds with 4 people played round robin) could be played in person. These could be played anytime before October 17th as well, then results sent in to rank alongside other IRL players and online-only players.

Any way to allow this?

If so, anyone think they could scrape together yourself and 3 or more others for a home tournament to play 3 rounds?
Old September 16th, 2020, 02:44 PM
Online HS Season 10 Champion

vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth

From a technical perspective it's a little tricky given our current structure. Our goal is to generate pairings as quickly as possible to keep the rounds moving which we trade some flexibility for.

Honestly the other downside I see is if you get together a group of people to play the first round in person you guys are knocking each other out. Like if you get together to play your early round games in person then some of you will not win.

What I know plenty of people do is get together physically to play in the tournaments online. Nice to have someone nearby to talk through your bad dice with.
Old September 16th, 2020, 02:52 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegietarian18 View Post
Nice to have someone nearby to talk through your bad dice with.
Muh dice!
Old September 16th, 2020, 03:04 PM

Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefton4ya View Post
I said before in my NHSD 2020 - Pandemic Edition, but I suggested if people want to have "Home Tournaments" with 2-6 people, I think it would be cool if these games would count towards the online tournament. Basically the first round or two (or even 3 rounds with 4 people played round robin) could be played in person. These could be played anytime before October 17th as well, then results sent in to rank alongside other IRL players and online-only players.

Any way to allow this?

If so, anyone think they could scrape together yourself and 3 or more others for a home tournament to play 3 rounds?
I think this is a cool idea if run separately (one that I wish MA travel restrictions would allow me to participate in), but doesn't work in conjunction to this online event due to fairness issues (besides the logistical ones Vegie mentioned).

If anyone doesn't / isn't able to play in a local event, there would be 2 options:
1) They go into the online tourney undefeated (unfair to opponents)
2) They go into the online tourney not undefeated (unfair to them)

I think you could probably get a few different local scenes to have their champions play online, but that could be a different event where they would also not have to schedule their games back-to-back on the same day.
Old September 16th, 2020, 03:16 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

Maybe I was not clear. My idea is:
  • If you play in person (whether before Oct 17, or early Oct 17) those 1-3 games count as first rounds of online tournament
  • If you do not play in person, you play all games in online tournament
  • You are only "undefeated" if you win all the games either in person or online
The only advantage/disadvantage is you can't rank homegames by ponts as opponents are locked in. So it is an advantage is if who you play with in person is novices, you can get wins easier; but if the Louisville or oldschool Columbus crew go together in person, they would be at a disadvantage as wins would be harder.
Old September 16th, 2020, 03:40 PM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
In Person

We're anticipating having 5 rounds at the max so having 3 games off the grid is tricky. I'm not really seeing the benefit for the amount of effort it would take to balance everything out (not to mention I can already think of several logistical issues that would be tricky to hammer out).

That said, if people wanted to meet up in person while playing the event (I want to say the Michigan crew were in the same room during Online Con), that's certainly something that could be fun for that group and if that would make the event more fun for you and your group, we'd encourage that.

~Dysole, informationally

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day